Before MFP...name a bad food habit you'd like to admit...

Options

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i can easily eat an ENTIRE box of cereal in one day. like, the family size kind. not anymore though!
  • kjtrimmer
    kjtrimmer Posts: 14
    Options

Four weeks ago, if I had had a child, I probably would have named it Bacon.

OMG I laughed so hard at that. Bet you loath Kevin Bacon. :laugh:

Actually, I do! He freaks me out.
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    I used to eat a bag of chips (the snack size..at least), a candy bar, and drink an 12oz bottle of Cran-Grape all an hour before bed. I can't even imagine eating that crap now!
    Whenever I'd go to Taco Bell I got a cheese quesadilla (400+ cal) AND a cheesy bean and rice burrito (400+cal). It was probably around 1000 for the whole meal. Now I just pick one.
    When I started working out, without MFP, I would go about 20 min on the elliptical (burning around 180 calories) and then, thinking I needed a good refuel after my workout I would drink about 8oz of chocolate milk! I was an idiot!!
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Stealing the Oreos from my kid's lunchables.....

Wait...I still do that....what? It's only two cookies!:laugh:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I shudder to think of the money I spent and calories I consumed at BW3 over the years. Order of mini-corn dogs, followed by wings and chips with loads of blue cheese, and washed down with countless Blue Moons or Newcastles. And if we were there for both the early and late game I would repeat for dinner. Agh, I feel like I am going to be sick now...
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I was talking about food with my hubby last night and told him about this thread. He reminded me of the time I ate an entire package of hotdogs with the buns (I was pregnant with my first baby and found that as an excuse). I also used to eat around 3 bratwurst at a sitting with the big brat buns and saurkrat, big pile of beans and at least 2 helpings of chips and dip. Then dessert later!

Then there's the time we went to Old Country Buffet and I remember saying as we were leaving (after 4-5 plates of food) how for some reason, I wasn't even full. I could never get full. The idea of eating all that makes me sick now and I would be so full I would probably throw up.

And when I first started to lose weight, I remember my stomach growling and I hadn't experienced that feeling in years. YEARS. It was an eye opener for me!!

:noway:
  • michelca
    michelca Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to eat entire bags of chips in one sitting. Usually when I was on the computer or watching a movie. Now I don't eat them anymore because I can't stop.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Four weeks ago, if I had had a child, I probably would have named it Bacon.

OMG I laughed so hard at that. Bet you loath Kevin Bacon. :laugh:

Actually, I do! He freaks me out.

Short Hijack:

Kevin Bacon was awesome in Tremors. Just sayin.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    A whole pack of Special K bars (six in a pack), well, better than a six-pack of mars bars I guess).
    Family-size pack of everthing, M&Ms, crisps, you name it.
    A whole pizza (I still want a whole one now, to be honest, half a pizza doesn't feel right)
    Have a cooked dinner for lunch and then another cooked dinner for, eh, dinner
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Raw Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough.
    Reese's Blast from Sonic, always with extra Reese's cups.
    Cinnastix & icing for dipping from Domino's Pizza (an entire order just for me)!
    My local mexican restaurant has THE best white queso dip. I'd pour it over my whole dish. UGH!
  • LOVINALLOFME
    LOVINALLOFME Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So ashame to admit....but here it goes!
    Late night White castle meals.
    Two Mcdonalds fish at a time.
    Sit and watch tv eating a half of Eddy's Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream!
  • kerridactyl
    kerridactyl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ravenous night snacking. And by snacks, I mean a sandwich followed by popcorn, followed by anything I could find. My appetite rages at night, and I always gave in, even as I felt my stomach getting full. It was a compulsive thing. If I had actually recorded all I had eaten, I might of joined MFP sooner! Yikes!
  • ingy1990
    ingy1990 Posts: 22
    Options
    Sugar!!! Anything sweet and I would eat it!! Cookies, marshmallows, chocolate chips....whatever I had in the kitchen. Couldn't get enough! MFP is a wake up for me. I have been eating way to many calories in a day!! Bad ones at that. Now if I need sweet, I may just have one cookie. Much more aware of what and how much I am putting in my body!!
  • emeraldthunder
    Options
    Eating a whole pizza by myself, ALWAYS clearing a plate, always eating a pint of ice cream in one sitting, and the gratuitous amount of ceasar dressing i would put on my salads
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    One word: salt.
  • larsonian
    Options
    Oh Boy.. where to start..
    Favorite breakfast: McDonald's skillet sausage burrito combo with hash browns and juice, PLUS an extra sausage, egg & cheese McGriddle PLUS an order of Cinnamelts (for breakfast-dessert, of course!)
    Favorite snack: Microwave popcorn, extra butter variety, topped with extra salt and loads of parmesan cheese.
    Basically just TOO MUCH of everything! HUGE bowls of ice cream with crumbled up cookies and/or nuts, bowl after bowl of sugared cereals.. favorite restaurants of course had to have an all-you-can-eat buffet and wouldn't leave until I got my money's worth (and was so stuffed I could barely move). Then home to take a nap, usually..
    Always 3 or 4 beers or glasses of wine instead of just one. Nothing in moderation.
    UGH! Here's to new beginnings! :D
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    HUGE portions of Doritos, whole pizzas, large quizno subs, Panera sanwiches with soup and chips and bread, spaghetti, bottle caps, blizzards, chili cheese dogs, philly cheese steaks, and JAGERMEISTER....man I miss my jager.
  • acarroll74
    Options
    Velvetta cheese + rotel + a bag of Santinos Chips..............heaven. Sure do miss my nachos
    :glasses:
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    So ashame to admit....but here it goes!
    Late night White castle meals.
    Two Mcdonalds fish at a time.
    Sit and watch tv eating a half of Eddy's Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream!

Oh girl you aren't alone with the 2 McD's fish at a time. I used to say that one of them was just enough to make me mad... So I'd get 2 every time. LOL. But seriously I think they are making those fish sandwiches smaller these days! At least that was my excuse. Ha!
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'd say 3-4 days a week, I would go to Starbucks/ a bakery after school and get a Grande mocha chip frapp with whipped cream AND a giant chocolate muffin. I don't even want to know how many calories that added up to!