April 2011~No Late Night Snacking!

Options
Do you find yourself searching for something to snack on after dinner? Do you make healthy choices all day and right before bed you decide to go ahead and have a spoon or two of ice cream, a cookie, chips, etc.?

For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but
the goal is to NOT GIVE UP!

Welcome & Good Luck! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm too scared to join! LOL. But this is SO me. I love snacking while watching TV. And I save my calories and work out more so I can have those snacks. And I'm a candy monster.

Ugh. So hard!!!
  • fattybumchum22
    fattybumchum22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!! this is soooo me!!!!
  • tigger2009
    Options
    That is a hard one as I love snacking watching TV! My husband does not help as he like to snack too! On something sweet mostly. I have been better this week and do have a snack like WW Chocolate snack cake at 80 calories I think. Or have a cup of tea with honey in it.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmmm this would be a huge challenge, I think I'd have to start going to bed earlier :bigsmile:

I'm a little simple can you explain the tally numbers to me please? x
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Cut off time is 8:00pm!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Cut-off time is 7:00.

And ... I don't get the tallying code either. Sorry. =P
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I do this FAR to often!! I try so hard but the cravings get me in the end!
    I am new to this site and would LOVE some extra motivation/support. Feel free to add me so we can support each other :)
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    GUILTY!!

I don't like hearing the tummy growling at me so I have to feed it. Last night I got out of bed at 1 am for a snack and I couldn't get to sleep until 3 am. *sigh* It needs to STOP!!

I don't get home until 7:30/8 pm, so my cut off time should be 9. Oh man! That just made me sad! haha I need to try though.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Actually, my doctor told me that it's important to eat plenty of protein *all day long* INCLUDING right before bedtime. I got a scolding when I told him I didn't generally eat after 7 p.m.

Y'all are talking about carbs & sugar, which I agree are bad. They provide instant energy and then crash your metabolism, & then you crave more carbs. So I agree that you should avoid sugars & starches before bed.

But if you have the munchies late at night, go ahead and eat! Eat cheese or fish or chicken. Because the chemical formula that burns fat is three parts fat to one part protein. Keep your body supplied with protein-rich foods, and you'll keep it burning fat, even while you're watching TV or in bed asleep.
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    ooo I want to join. I've been pretty good but have the occasional night. I get home btwn 7-8 several nights a week. I want my cut off time to be 8.. but I think 8:30 is more reasonable.
  • lyisrael
    lyisrael Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in, for the month of April I am going to try to stop my late night snacking. I can eat all during the day and eat really good but at night time .... YIKEs, I want everything that is tied down and not healthy !!! Can someone share some good healthy snacks that I can eat after my 9pm cutoff time?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    YES! :glasses: (<-- that's not the emotion that I was trying to get across...) Another chance!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I still struggle with this. I remember I tried this challenge a few months ago and I didn't do so well. But I am determined this time around. I'm glad I found you!
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You should actually eat something at night, keeps ur metabolism going....cutting off so early in the evening..leaves for a longer fast and hence sloowwws the metabolism down....instead of NOT eating after supper, you should have a healthy snack. Eating every 2-3 hrs is the best way to lose weight.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    @lyisrael: Unless you're vegetarian or vegan, there are all kinds of options. A handful of pork rinds, or a hunk of cheese (have you tried Laughing Cow?), or a simple hard-boiled egg with a sprinkle of black pepper or paprika. You could also try mixing flavored protein powder with water. Most of the stuff actually tastes pretty good, comes in chocolate or vanilla or fruit flavors, and satisfies your craving for sweets. You can even freeze it into popsicles for when you crave ice cream. Just be careful to buy the kind with low carbs and 0 sugar.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Fattbumchum22, LemonCitron,Tigger2009, hyper_stitch, Shelle 68, wiggleroom, carpediem3, HunnyLuvsJorge, Keljo05, lyisrael~ Welcome! So happy all of you decided to join our group this month. :flowerforyou:

LemonCitron-LOL, don’t be scared! We all have our bad days, we just have to keep trying. I’ll be waiting for you updates :wink:

Tigger2009-A cup of tea with honey is ok. Some people decide to make a cut-off time and only allow a healthy snack such as fruit.

Lyisrael- Here is a link that might help: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/healthy-late-night-snacks.html

TeamLeela-Welcome Back!

Hyper_stitch & wiggleroom-If you don’t have a late night snack, you get the point for the day. However, if you do indulge in a snack, late night snacking gets the point for the day.
    For example:
    Me:5 ~ LNS: 2 means I didnt snack after my cut off time 5 nights and I snacked after my cut-off time 2 nights out of the month.

Hope this helps!

AdAstra47 &TLC1975-Thanks for the info! :smile:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Wow, love all the newcomers. Stay with us, even on the non-success nights.

ME 1/LNS 0...so far so good ;)
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hyper_stitch & wiggleroom-If you don’t have a late night snack, you get the point for the day. However, if you do indulge in a snack, late night snacking gets the point for the day.
    For example:
    Me:5 ~ LNS: 2 means I didnt snack after my cut off time 5 nights and I snacked after my cut-off time 2 nights out of the month.

Hope this helps!

Aha get it lol Ok so .....

Me:1/LNS:0 woohoo
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0
    _________
    You should actually eat something at night, keeps ur metabolism going....cutting off so early in the evening..leaves for a longer fast and hence sloowwws the metabolism down....instead of NOT eating after supper, you should have a healthy snack. Eating every 2-3 hrs is the best way to lose weight.
    Why would you want your metabolism to keep going at night? You gotta slow it down, or you won't be able to sleep, cause you'll still be "digesting". Digesting in quotes, because your digestions slows down when you sleep, so your nighttime food is just fermenting in your stomach, which can potentially lead to disease. We're all still eating regular meals, we're just not eating before bed. So c'mon. If dinner is after 8 pm, you should not be snacking after that, IMO.