April 30 Day Shred Team Challenge

Options

Replies

• treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just checking in - everyone is doing such a great job!

Finished Day 3 and I noticed I took a little less 5 second breaks. Armpits/shoulders and thighs are burning. Little concerned I am not feeling it in my abs though...hoping i am doing it right. Really have high hopes to work in some extra cardio on the treadmill this week, just to do a little extra.

Keep up the good work everyone! I'll be updating my measurements/progress on Friday, hopefully with reductions :flowerforyou:
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Just about every muscle in my body aches right now, but I just know it's a good ache! So excited about this challenge for myself and can't wait to post before and after pics. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!
  • mrsprince
    Options
    Any one else really struggle on day 3, seemed so much harder than first to days? Just getting ready for day 4..... sticking to so far, going well. Good luck everyone, keep going xxxx
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Really don't know what is up with me! I have already done levels 1 & 2, but when I did level 3 it killed me so I decided to go back to level 1 and join everyone else... It killed me! I didn't complete it!

I am determined to continue for the month. though!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Any one else really struggle on day 3, seemed so much harder than first to days? Just getting ready for day 4..... sticking to so far, going well. Good luck everyone, keep going xxxx

Yes I always struggle on day 3... normally day 4 too just because I ache so much lol. Day 5 it starts to get easier but then along comes level 2 :laugh:

Day 4 done :smile: before the school run too. Well done me going to spend the day trying to return my house to some sort of normality (I work weekends whilst my husband looks after the children) then maybe I will get another work out in later.

Happy monday everyone :wink: xx
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Its 430 am and off to the gym I go and then day 4 of Shred! Have a great day everyone
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Day four complete! Are we weighing in today or Friday? I usually weigh on Mondays so im excited to say I've lost 3 lbs already!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    SO I have decided to NOT do the Shred anymore.

Last time I did it I was sore for days afterwards, this time I wasn't. I tried using heavier weights and going at it harder, and it still seems a little "easy". I have reached my goal size and am now looking to BUILD muscle, and the only way to do this is heavy lifting.
    So I went out and got a Bowflex last night, set it up and did an hour with 25, 50, and 100 lbs of tension, depending on the exercise. NOW I am sore. This is the way to see the changes I want to see!

Best of luck to all of you, I hope you ROCK your 30 days! And I hope someday you guys are so in shape that the Shred is too easy for you and you retire it too! :flowerforyou:
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Soo I started 30 Day Shred on April 1, my starting weight was 133.2. Just got on the scale now and it said 130.8 :-) I haven't really changed my eating habits too much. This is the only thing I've done for the past 3 nights.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 (yesterday) was a lot easier and I only needed a few breaks. I officially hate circuit 1. It just kills me! And when I finally get to the bicycle crunches, I've never been so glad to be doing ab work :)

I haven't weighed in yet - I usually do it on Friday's - but I am definitely noticing a difference in my cardio and in my muscles which is awesome. Since we started on a Friday (4/1) we should post our Week 1 results every Friday, what do you gals think?

I am going to do Day 4 right before lunch, so I'll let everyone know how it goes!

If it wasn't for this group, I probably would have quit by now. I'm so glad we're all doing this together!! :)
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. The hardest part for me is still the first circuit of Cardio! Hate it!. But everything else is getting easier. Not as sore s I thought I would be this morning, though.
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Day 4 complete :)
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    I unfortunately missed shredding yesterday between church and giving my friend a baby shower I got home way to late.

I did get up this am sent me little guy to school and did level 2 today. I am alternating between 1 and 2 still. Still having a very hard time with those jump in things ugh!

Good luck girls!
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm looking forward to getting my day 4 workout done after work :) I've noticed that I've gained 2 lb though since starting. I'm thinking it's because I haven't really done much exercise for over a month due to colds and then getting flu... I probably lost a lot of muscle mass. My eating is pretty much the same, and I drink plenty of water. My measurements have all decreased slightly, so I'm not getting bigger at least.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I got home tooooo late last night, so I decided to do shred after work today! I will post when I'm done!! Come on ladies! We can do this! :D
  • Ravergirl717
    Ravergirl717 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    love the C25K program! starting it today!!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Well, a combination of Level 3 and my very first attempt at Zumba for the Wii has left me with very sore ribs so I'm out of the challenge.

I'm going to start back up when my ribs feel better, probably by the weekend. I really want to do the full 30days, consecutively, so I haven't given up!

Good luck to everyone else, I will keep popping in to see your progress!

LouiseXXX
  • aportillo8
    aportillo8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    SO I missed day 3.... Darn u Flu! But my Dr. Said to keep on working out this will help me heal! so today its on...Day 3 here I come!
  • kmsv123
    kmsv123 Posts: 11
    Options
    Not looking forward to L1D4 tonight. I despise jumping jacks!!! :grumble:

But along with the rest of you I am dertmined to sick this out!! I can already feel a difference in my abs. I am loving that!

I do have one question for the women... anyone doing this admist TOM? They say exercise is great for cramps however I am experiencing back pain as opposed to the cramps which is not usual for me. Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Finished Day four along with 30 minutes on the treadmill. The last two days have been rough but it seems from what I read tomorrow will get easier! I sure hope so! I am definately in this to finish though! I have lost 1.6 pounds since we started!! I can't believe it! I can't wait to measure myself in a couple weeks!! I have also been really watching my sodium so that is probably helping too. I LOVE salt though!!! It's tough!