*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey fabulous ladies!!! :-)

I did my challenge tonight, and my little buddy Tank our 8 month old black lab joined me!!

Mile: 10:27 (this included 2 potty stops)
    Jumping Jacks: 76
    Sit Ups: 25
    Push Ups: 35
    & BURPEES: 20

No idea why I had burpees in my mind instead of Mountain Climbers! :0) SOOO, tomorrow I'll to my mountain climbers!! Burpees are tough though, so I for sure wasn't slacking! Anyhooo... Happy Hump Day! And all have a great nights sleep! xx
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    No idea why I had burpees in my mind instead of Mountain Climbers! :0) SOOO, tomorrow I'll to my mountain climbers!! Burpees are tough though, so I for sure wasn't slacking! Anyhooo... Happy Hump Day! And all have a great nights sleep! xx

Burpees are WAY harder than mountain climbers so kudos to you lol. Burpees are the devil to me! :devil:
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm SOOOOOOOOO behind! I want you all to know that I am still 100% part of this group...I just haven't had a chance to log on here and reply to any posts. It's been a crazy, busy spring break for me! I haven't been eating too bad but as far as working out...not doing the greatest. So far this week I completed my Fit Test for my 2nd round of Insanity and that night my lungs were BURNING the entire time and between each exercise I literally sat or laid on the floor! Yesterday I didn't find/make time to workout due to other already made plans and then some new meetings I had to get to! Today I DID complete Day 2 of Insanity (the fit test is day 1). It was not easy and I had to take many breaks but...I DID IT!!! So now...I know I'm capable so I will be continuing from here on out! As far as completing my mile and the 4 minute challenge...I might attempt that this weekend but if my body isn't up for it...I'll do it next week! Just want to make sure I'm completely healthy before I push too far!!!

It looks like everybody is doing amazingly well with this challenge...I hope it keeps up this strong...who am I kidding...it WILL continue to be this amazing b/c this group of ladies is FABULOUS!!!!!!

Can't wait to read all the posts I've missed this week...maybe I'll find time to do that tomorrow! :)

Keep up the great work everybody...so proud to be part of such a great group :)))
  • heatsy
    heatsy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did my one mile challenge yesterday and it took me 11:18. not nearly as fast as some of you ladies, but I'm NOT a runner by any stretch of the imagination, so that actually wasn't too bad for me! I'm going to try to beat it today though!

Thank you ladies for pushing me and keeping me motivated!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time getting out to do my mile. :( I don't have a treadmill and I don't belong to a gym so I have to rely on being outside. My hubby seriously has been working 18+ hours a day and it sucks. With my 2 boys and this crappy weather...I can't even get them out even for a walk. I'm on my own quite a bit so I am HOPING tomorrow to get out...but I am not sure if that will happen. :(
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! =)

Thanks for posting all of your 4 minute challenge numbers and one mile timed run/walk! I am writing them down as I see them post, BUT, keep track of your own too, just in case! ;) If at any time during the next 3 months you want to pull them out and try again, do so and update us! These numbers are all going to go up and the mile will go down! PROMISE! =)

As for tomorrow, some of you may know that it is Opening Day for my Detroit Tigers so I will most likely be out of commission from early a.m. on.. Add no laptop, beer and about 60 of my closest friends and you see what I mean! =) PLEASE send me your weights (and any ideas for physical challenges you may have for week 2!) I will pull everything together and if I'm not too hungover I will send it out Saturday a.m. =)<3

It's funny but I have had this "day" on my schedule since I started using MFP habitually in January. I bought a cute Tshirt that I want to wear! It's one of those women's ones (usually I just buy mens size medium or something OR a hooded sweatshirt to hide in! This year it's going to be COLD and RAINY but I'm still going to wear my women's T! I'm pretty proud and VERY pumped for the whole day tomorrow! I def will NOT be logging food or drinks, so I apologize, but I'll be back on the the horse Sunday at the LATEST! =)

Love you ladies, have a great finish to the week!!!
  • janana81
    Options
    TA-DAH!! (and may I just say, you already look like you're rocking it because I would kill to look like that in a bikini!)
    001.jpg

You are TOTALLY rockin' that bikini! I am jealous!!! :)
  • brockkoryrachel
    brockkoryrachel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey girls...yes, I am a stranger!!! My name is Jamie, I'm 31 years old and I am a part of this challenge!!! I am super excited and can't believe how many AMAZING women there are here!!! All the better to motivate ME!!!

Here are my stats on the challenge for this week:
    Jumping Jacks-72
    Mountain Climbers-45
    Push-ups- 33 (these are only modified, I have a bad back..and full ones KILL me!)
    Sit-ups- 21

I feel my potential is much greater than this...but I really only have an hour to workout daily and that is usually in some sort of class at the gym. I hurried and knocked these out while getting my kid ready for school...AFTER my workout at the gym...I was TIRED and SORE!!

Thanks for being you girls...and I hope you all have a FANTASTIC day :)
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Can I just say that everyone is doing amazing...this FAB group is going to rock! :bigsmile:

I have bee out of the loop for a few days, here's why...submitted my two weeks notice, new job starts on Monday, hubbie is also going to switch jobs (better opportunities all over), taking a 8 hour Engineering test tomorrow, followed by an additional 8 hour test on Saturday...AWESOME!!! So, I've been busy and trying not to get stressed! :noway:

With that said, I just finished my challenge for the week, and to be honest I have been dreading the run...I pretty much will kick my own *kitten* in every other form of workouts, but for some reason I've avoided running....I actually enjoyed it...excited to reduce my time for the next one!

Here are my results:
    * Timed 1 mile run ~ 9 min 45 sec

The following were completed in 1 minute:
    * Jumping Jacks ~ 88
    * Mountain Climbers ~ 62 (1-1-2-2 count), 124 total
    * Push-ups ~ 32 (14 regular)
    * Sit-ups ~ 34
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I just need to thank ALL of you wonderful ladies. I woke up this morning completely down in the dumps, unmotivated and wanting to give up. I popped on this site and checked in and saw all of the awesome workouts and plans you guys had for the day and was inspired. It got me off my couch and running around the neighborhood and now I feel great! So thank you all!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time getting out to do my mile. :( I don't have a treadmill and I don't belong to a gym so I have to rely on being outside. My hubby seriously has been working 18+ hours a day and it sucks. With my 2 boys and this crappy weather...I can't even get them out even for a walk. I'm on my own quite a bit so I am HOPING tomorrow to get out...but I am not sure if that will happen. :(

I totally feel you on this! My husband works a ton and has weird days off, like he's working the 4th of this month until the 15th then he has a few days off cuz we're going up north. But it makes it really difficult for me to accomplish everything I want to. I only have one kid to take care of, but then two dogs and all the housework. I've tried to find ways to workout with Lukas, he thinks it's hilarious when I do squats and TRY to raise him above my head at the same time (I must make a funny face or something haha). Keep your head up, it will be nice out soon enough!! :smile:
  • janana81
    Options

I totally feel you on this! My husband works a ton and has weird days off, like he's working the 4th of this month until the 15th then he has a few days off cuz we're going up north. But it makes it really difficult for me to accomplish everything I want to. I only have one kid to take care of, but then two dogs and all the housework. I've tried to find ways to workout with Lukas, he thinks it's hilarious when I do squats and TRY to raise him above my head at the same time (I must make a funny face or something haha). Keep your head up, it will be nice out soon enough!! :smile:

You just made me feel better! :) I think I am going to try and do my mile later tonight or in the morning before my hubby leaves. And let's hope it's not TOO rainy. LOL. xoxo
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok so confession time...

Last weekend was utter crap. I ate loads of chocolate, forgot all about my water and had soda for the first time in ages, I had a big heartattack sandwich with mayo and cheese AND I had chinese. Needless to say, I completely let go for just 2 DAYS (Sat & Sun).

Monday morning I hopped on the scale to see the damage and BAM Im up 4lbs just like that. Dont know how it always happens to me, I go bad (but not overly bad when compared to my old eating habits) for just a day or 2 and I can put on 7lbs in a heartbeat but I have friends who do the same thing and they might even LOSE a pound! Im one of the unlucky ones I guess.

Anyways, this has happened me 2 weeks in a row. Once I weigh in on Friday I think I must blackout or something because I just start to eat everything I see and it's like I don't even know its happening!! hahaha

So both weeks I have spent the entire week working off what Ive put on. And its sooooooo frustrating! So my weigh in tomorrow morning will probably show me back somewhere near my starting weight of 156lbs (HOPEFULLY!)

So Ive made a pact with myself that Im NOT going to go down that road AGAIN this weekend! Im going to visit a friend tomorrow who lives on the beautiful Achill Island which is off the east coast of Ireland and I will be there until Saturday night.

I have decided to plan out my food diary for the next two days so that I HAVE to stick to it. Im bringing healthy foods from my house that are packable to eat for the next 2 days and Im not spending 1 CENT on food once I leave the house tomorrow morning! And Im bringing my water bottle so that I can drink all the water that God can give me.

I am so determined to be good this weekend because every weekend seems to be a disaster for me and I really need to cop on and stop treating this lifestyle change as a Monday to Friday thing.

So this is my Weekend Challenge and it starts at 9am tomorrow morning!!! I HAVE to have a loss by the end of next week or I will cry!! I cant keep yo-yoing around the same numbers because of my weekend binges. I am only 2lbs away from my second goal which will put me in the 'NORMAL WEIGHT' BMI category for the first time in my adult life and I think I will cry when I get there! Its so close!

So wish me luck girls, I will definitely need your help this weekend as it really will be a challenge for me, especially when Im out of the comfort of my own home!!

Join me in making a 'Weekend Pact' if you wish as I would imagine weekends are hard for alot of people to stay on track. So who wants to join me in making an EXTRA SPECIAL effort this weekend? :flowerforyou:

Thanks for listening ladies!!

xxxx
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you all didn't see my status update, I'm going to have to put off the mile run for a bit. I just got back from the urgent care clinic and I have vertigo. I'm having a hard enough time walking 20 feet. I'll get the run in next week sometime.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My mini challenge for this week
    1) burn 2300 cals (Fri through Th)
    2) Run 12 miles total (Fri through Th)
    3) Stay under on sodium
    4) Consume 72+ oz of water

I feel like I had a great week. I actually don't really care what the scale says tomorrow. I busted my *kitten* and did really well. It is my TOM so I am not sure if tomorrow will be a good number but I hit some major milestones and suprised myself with what I was able to do physically which to me is more important than the number on the scales.

My personal challenge results for the week
    1) 3185/2300 cals burned (I did not think this number would be possible)
    2) 11.5/12 run/walk- I thought about doing another 0.5 today to get to my goal but I just didn't have it in me
    3) Under on sodium 4/7 days and on the days I was over I was over by less than 250 mg
    4) 6/7 days consumed 72+ oz of water

So my new personal mini challenge goals for next week (Fri 4/8 through Th 4/14)
    1) 3200 cals burned
    2) 14 miles run/walk
    3) Under on sodium
    4) Consume 72 + oz of water
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I completed my mile today, combo of running/walking up hill walk at 3.7 mph, run 5.5 mph at 15.27 min. I will do the 4 minute challenge Fri and post my stats here.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I didn't get to my challenge stuff today!! Grrr I had a really rough day then my bf decided to take me out to cheer me up :) and like Kerri said tommorow Is opening day here in the D so though I might be able to squeeze in some time on the elliptical not sure if ill get out to run. Well you know Saturdays and me have a long standing workout relationship so I can guarantee I'll do it then!
    And thank you for the challenge Kerri!!

How's everyones week goin??
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OMG... MY PICTURE IS HUGE....OH so sorry girls lol... Thank you for fixing it. You all made me feel so good about myself. I was sooo scared to post that picture...but you all motivate me and be strong and teaching me to love who I am. Good luck in the weigh in tomorrow!!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    I am bummed, I haven't done well meeting my goal to stay on the elliptical for 45 minutes this week, but I've done 30 a few times. I did manage to stay under my calories every day, and I've done much better tracking my water. Today was crazy, and I was out of the house for most of the day. I am in a lot of pain from achilles tendonitis in my left foot, and sometimes the pain is excruciating. I'm finally going to put a call in to my PCP tomorrow to see if I should see a podiatrist or an orthopedist. I'm actually concerned I may have injured it, because it sure feels that way sometimes. In the meantime, I'm just going to do what I can do on the elliptical, or with other exercise. I'll keep you all posted.

Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow, ladies!. I have a feeling I'm not going to see a loss, I'm just hoping I don't see a gain!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    So both weeks I have spent the entire week working off what Ive put on. And its sooooooo frustrating! So my weigh in tomorrow morning will probably show me back somewhere near my starting weight of 156lbs (HOPEFULLY!)

So this is my Weekend Challenge and it starts at 9am tomorrow morning!!! I HAVE to have a loss by the end of next week or I will cry!! I cant keep yo-yoing around the same numbers because of my weekend binges. I am only 2lbs away from my second goal which will put me in the 'NORMAL WEIGHT' BMI category for the first time in my adult life and I think I will cry when I get there! Its so close!

So wish me luck girls, I will definitely need your help this weekend as it really will be a challenge for me, especially when Im out of the comfort of my own home!!

Join me in making a 'Weekend Pact' if you wish as I would imagine weekends are hard for alot of people to stay on track. So who wants to join me in making an EXTRA SPECIAL effort this weekend? :flowerforyou:

Thanks for listening ladies!!

xxxx

I can relate to this! I went to VA on vacation and after losing for three months straight, I had a gain on weigh-in day. Then, it's like my scale was being kind to me on Friday, because the rest of the week after Friday it just kept going up! I've spent the entire last week trying to drop what I put on and it is VERY frustrating.