Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Kacylaine -- I don't recall being very dizzy early on but I had a vey hungover type feeling (nausea, disorientation, exhausted, my brain wouldn't work, etc) from week 5 through week 14 (fun, huh? :tongue:). The past couple of weeks I've been experiencing a lot more straight up dizziness. It usually happens if I stand up quickly so that's definitely my blood pressure (like everyone else said) but sometimes it happens if I'm just standing or sitting & not moving. I just sit down and take a few deep breaths & so far it always gets better right away.

Lynn -- I didn't get the backpack thing from my doc, but I did get a bunch of Similac stuff so maybe the backpack is yet to come. They seem to give out a goody bag of samples every couple of visits. But each of my boxes has 8 2oz bottles and 1 nipple. The nipple was in between the 2 4 packs of formula. I figured I'd just wash the nipple & use it for an entire box.

Brittony -- I'm with you in the inferno. I'm sleeping with no covers & a fan on me & I'm still dying.
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Kacylaine - I would love to have your recipe for soap!!! I do most of my cooking from scratch vs. mixes, but have never made my own soap or anything like that. I've heard that you can save a ton of money by making your own laundry soap so I'd like to give it a try. I just want it to do a good job getting my clothes clean. I use mostly Era right now.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Kacylaine - I would love to have your recipe for soap!!! I do most of my cooking from scratch vs. mixes, but have never made my own soap or anything like that. I've heard that you can save a ton of money by making your own laundry soap so I'd like to give it a try. I just want it to do a good job getting my clothes clean. I use mostly Era right now.

Do you mean detergent or bar soap? I make both. Here is the detergent as it is quite simple.
    http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/04/09/making-your-own-laundry-detergent-a-detailed-visual-guide/
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Today we have a small circus coming to town. It is being held to raise money for the food bank we volunteer every month for. The woman who runs it gave my whole family free tickets so we are going. My kids are excited.

I walked yesterday, it seems that is going to be my main exercise until the baby arrives. I need to be doing yoga as well and will try to get at least one session in this week.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

I feel like a freaking furnace lately. I can't get comfortable at night and wake up all sweaty. I don't think I've slept with a cover on for the past week. I like to cuddle into the blankets, so it's throwing me off a bit.

I'm the same way! I've ALWAYS been one to cover up with the comforter even in the summer, but these days I can't even sleep with the sheet on me most of the time and still wake up sweating.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love that this board is so active, but I totally cant keep up :noway:

I know this is horrible to say, but I want this baby OUT....NOW. I think I hit my limit this morning. I am tired, in pain, uncomfortable, hot, swollen, etc, etc., etc. I have a Dr. appt today, and if he says I haven't dialated or effaced yet...I have a feeling I am going to cry right then and there. I don't know how Megan, Bethe, and the others have managed through the last few weeks. I seriously just cant take the stress at work, feeling miserable, and the anxiety of how labor will go, and the concerns over bringing home a new baby. I am feeling really down, and just don't know how do deal with these last few weeks:ohwell: Ugg, sorry for the vent. I tried to talk to my husband about it, but he just kind of ignored me. I think he has fears over all of it as well, and just doesn't know how to be supportive when he is worried about the same things I am.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    There was only one point where she had me in an uncomfortable position. I just remember thinking, "Wow, my abs need some work!"

I am not sure I still have abs :laugh:

Annabelle- the circus sounds really fun. Enjoy!

Amanda- I have not been through it yet since this is my first LO but I am sure I will feel the same way. You are doing so amazing. Just remember that. All the pain and the stress is sacrifice for your LO.... You are going to LOVE this baby more than you even know how. Waiting is hard. When are you done working for ML? Is there anything else you can do to prepare for the baby to keep your mind off of it? Or do you have a hobby or some sort of craft to focus on for the next while? Just remember how awesome you are doing!

AFM: Well I have a pregnant student... she is a jr. in high school currently. She just told me this moring and was asking me for advice and help. I feel so sad for her because she just isn't ready... but she is reacting as well as she can so I am hoping it can turn into a positive for her and her LO in the future. I am trying to support her.

I will post pictures of the decorations when they all come... I am still excited :smile:
  • RFrick
    Options
    OK. A little vent time here. We'll see if I can make it through this post without crying - I did enough of that yesterday for the next year or so!!! So - some of you know that I was having some second thoughts about the midwife I had decided to go with. I decided that I was just going to stick with her and make things work out, but felt like I should probably be open with her about my concerns. We had a nice, though awkward, talk at my appointment yesterday and she thanked me for letting her know how I was feeling. I really had hoped that talking to her would make me feel better, but it didn't. Anyway, she calls me a couple hours later and tells me that she feels like we have so many differances that we will never be able to overcome them all and have a good relationship so I need to find a different midwife. :noway: OK. Fine. I'll just call the first midwife I talked to, the one that I really liked, but didn't go with because she was significantly more expensive. We'll just do without something and have her. So I call her, she's so amazingly nice, and guess what... she's now leaving on vacation the day before my due date!!! I really sorta feel like I missed out on the person I was supposed to have, although she insists that the perfect person is still out there and she is only the person that is supposed to help me find the perfect one. So now I'm back to square one with finding a midwife. Worse than square one - I know of no one that's even available. I do have some names though and already left one message this morning for one of them to get back with me, so now I'm just waiting and trying so very hard to feel hopeful. I guess I'm not so upset about the breaking up with the midwife I had decided on as I am about missing out on having the one that I really loved. :brokenheart: Should have just gone with her in the first place!!! At least DH is being very sweet and understanding about all the emotional turmoil I seem to be having right now. In fact I think he's being nicer to me about it than I'm being to myself. I mean it's not the end of the world or anything. I have plenty of time to find another midwife and if it comes right down to it I have a great OB that I can have at the hospital. I mean other people on here are going through so much more traumatic stuff, I'm not sure why this seems so huge to me! At least I'm feeling better about it today that I did yesterday! And I really truely believe that it was probably for the best, but it's not going to really completly feel that way 'till I find someone that I like. Thanks for letting me go on and on about this... I think that it's been rather theraputic... :flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    ugh - frustrating morning before 9:30! I got up and went to the gym. Swam a mile. OK good so far. Came home. Probably running about 10-15 minutes later than I should - getting home about 9:10 instead of 8:50 or so. Anyway - find my 3 yr old in the kitchen with a 1/2 spilled gallon on milk on the floor trying to drink out of it with a straw. Ok, so I have to mop the floor before starting work. Whatever. I've come home to worse. Anyway, I tell hubby the mess the boy made and he goes "oh, you didn't take him with you?" - HELLO!?!? How many times do I tell him the gym childcare is not open in the morning!! I NEVER take him with me! Glad to know you are paying attention when you wake up to where you son is! So cleaning the kitchen I see that there is definitely milk under the fridge. Hubby decides he is in way too much of a hurry to get to work (10 minutes away and he has 1/2 hour to get there but can't spend 5 minutes helping me) to help me move it to clean so he says to just move it myself and do it - and of course I end up putting a huge rip in the linoleum 2 months into our rental. Great. I'm hoping we can get something and glue it back down, but we might be redoing the kitchen before we eventually move. (though seriously, it's the suckiest linoleum job ever - it has spots where it doesn't stick to the plywood underneath so it bubbles - and then apparently, rips if you move the fridge). I always seem to make things so much worse when I try to do something myself. I'll have to show it to hubby but I know his response is going to be "you can't go to the gym in the morning" because that is what he says every time the boy gets into a mess when I am gone in the morning. Not, 'sure i can manage to get up 1/2 hour earlier to watch the boy 2 times a week since you take care of him the other 158 hours a week, not to mention get up early and go to the gym so that you can be home in the evenings to clean and cook dinner'... but no, it will totally be - 'you shouldn't leave in the morning because I sleep in and can't be bothered in waking up to be sure the boy's not getting into trouble.' Or I'll have to go to the gym at 6 not 7 so I am home before he wakes up at usually 8:30 at the earliest.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    OK. A little vent time here. We'll see if I can make it through this post without crying - I did enough of that yesterday for the next year or so!!! So - some of you know that I was having some second thoughts about the midwife I had decided to go with. I decided that I was just going to stick with her and make things work out, but felt like I should probably be open with her about my concerns. We had a nice, though awkward, talk at my appointment yesterday and she thanked me for letting her know how I was feeling. I really had hoped that talking to her would make me feel better, but it didn't. Anyway, she calls me a couple hours later and tells me that she feels like we have so many differances that we will never be able to overcome them all and have a good relationship so I need to find a different midwife. :noway: OK. Fine. I'll just call the first midwife I talked to, the one that I really liked, but didn't go with because she was significantly more expensive. We'll just do without something and have her. So I call her, she's so amazingly nice, and guess what... she's now leaving on vacation the day before my due date!!! I really sorta feel like I missed out on the person I was supposed to have, although she insists that the perfect person is still out there and she is only the person that is supposed to help me find the perfect one. So now I'm back to square one with finding a midwife. Worse than square one - I know of no one that's even available. I do have some names though and already left one message this morning for one of them to get back with me, so now I'm just waiting and trying so very hard to feel hopeful. I guess I'm not so upset about the breaking up with the midwife I had decided on as I am about missing out on having the one that I really loved. :brokenheart: Should have just gone with her in the first place!!! At least DH is being very sweet and understanding about all the emotional turmoil I seem to be having right now. In fact I think he's being nicer to me about it than I'm being to myself. I mean it's not the end of the world or anything. I have plenty of time to find another midwife and if it comes right down to it I have a great OB that I can have at the hospital. I mean other people on here are going through so much more traumatic stuff, I'm not sure why this seems so huge to me! At least I'm feeling better about it today that I did yesterday! And I really truely believe that it was probably for the best, but it's not going to really completly feel that way 'till I find someone that I like. Thanks for letting me go on and on about this... I think that it's been rather theraputic... :flowerforyou:

Ahhh, hugs. What state do you live in? I can try to help. I switched midwives w/ my third at 28 weeks and then again at 32 weeks. I switched again w/ my fourth at 16 weeks, 20 weeks when we moved.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Annabelle, the circus sounds way fun. I hope you enjoy!

I have my glucose test today... wish me luck! I am glad I also get an ultrasound so that will make getting poked more worth it. :)
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    ugh - frustrating morning before 9:30! I got up and went to the gym. Swam a mile. OK good so far. Came home. Probably running about 10-15 minutes later than I should - getting home about 9:10 instead of 8:50 or so. Anyway - find my 3 yr old in the kitchen with a 1/2 spilled gallon on milk on the floor trying to drink out of it with a straw. Ok, so I have to mop the floor before starting work. Whatever. I've come home to worse. Anyway, I tell hubby the mess the boy made and he goes "oh, you didn't take him with you?" - HELLO!?!? How many times do I tell him the gym childcare is not open in the morning!! I NEVER take him with me! Glad to know you are paying attention when you wake up to where you son is! So cleaning the kitchen I see that there is definitely milk under the fridge. Hubby decides he is in way too much of a hurry to get to work (10 minutes away and he has 1/2 hour to get there but can't spend 5 minutes helping me) to help me move it to clean so he says to just move it myself and do it - and of course I end up putting a huge rip in the linoleum 2 months into our rental. Great. I'm hoping we can get something and glue it back down, but we might be redoing the kitchen before we eventually move. (though seriously, it's the suckiest linoleum job ever - it has spots where it doesn't stick to the plywood underneath so it bubbles - and then apparently, rips if you move the fridge). I always seem to make things so much worse when I try to do something myself. I'll have to show it to hubby but I know his response is going to be "you can't go to the gym in the morning" because that is what he says every time the boy gets into a mess when I am gone in the morning. Not, 'sure i can manage to get up 1/2 hour earlier to watch the boy 2 times a week since you take care of him the other 158 hours a week, not to mention get up early and go to the gym so that you can be home in the evenings to clean and cook dinner'... but no, it will totally be - 'you shouldn't leave in the morning because I sleep in and can't be bothered in waking up to be sure the boy's not getting into trouble.' Or I'll have to go to the gym at 6 not 7 so I am home before he wakes up at usually 8:30 at the earliest.

Holy crap! I know each couple has a unique relationship, but no f'ing way would this be acceptable to me and in all honestly it shouldn't be for you either. Time for some tough dh love IMO.
  • RFrick
    Options
    Annabelle - I live in Ohio. Dayton area to be exact. Not sure how you managed to make it switching twice in one pregnancy!!! I'm finding it a little hard to survive through once! :sad:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I love that this board is so active, but I totally cant keep up :noway:

I know this is horrible to say, but I want this baby OUT....NOW. I think I hit my limit this morning. I am tired, in pain, uncomfortable, hot, swollen, etc, etc., etc. I have a Dr. appt today, and if he says I haven't dialated or effaced yet...I have a feeling I am going to cry right then and there. I don't know how Megan, Bethe, and the others have managed through the last few weeks. I seriously just cant take the stress at work, feeling miserable, and the anxiety of how labor will go, and the concerns over bringing home a new baby. I am feeling really down, and just don't know how do deal with these last few weeks:ohwell: Ugg, sorry for the vent. I tried to talk to my husband about it, but he just kind of ignored me. I think he has fears over all of it as well, and just doesn't know how to be supportive when he is worried about the same things I am.

Amanda I know end of pregnancy can be a very emotional time, but it is also a very special time. These are the last few days you will have just to yourself and the last few days you and dh will be alone. Cherish this time. I have said it before, but start a new project, sleep in, watch a bunch of movies, go out to a special dinner, eat cake everyday or ice cream. It doesn't matter one whit whether you have dilated or effaced before labor starts as it is uncommon for first time moms to do so. Most make little change before labor begins, that is what labor is for!
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Holy crap! I know each couple has a unique relationship, but no f'ing way would this be acceptable to me and in all honestly it shouldn't be for you either. Time for some tough dh love IMO.

Mama said it more nicely.
    I was going to tell you it sounds likes it's time for you to punch your hubby in the face.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Annabelle - I live in Ohio. Dayton area to be exact. Not sure how you managed to make it switching twice in one pregnancy!!! I'm finding it a little hard to survive through once! :sad:

It will be just fine. Here are a few links. I will also ask around.

http://ohiomidwives.net/

http://cfmidwifery.org/states/states.aspx?ST=OH

Found a name, but not knowing geography of Ohio I don't know if they are nearer to you or not. Many women have used midwives 2+ hours away. Another option is a traveling midwife. Do you attend LLL? That can be another source for names. Oh I also read something about Birth Circle meetings in Ohio, check that out. Oh, go to www.mothering.com and check out finding your tribe forum for Ohio, ask about midwives there.

Kate Mazzara
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Took a new picture. I can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm still getting "I can't even tell you're pregnant" comments. My only reasoning is that I was so fat for so long.
    And on that note, I put on these pants this morning for the first time in 2 weeks and immediately knew "Uh oh.... parts of me are getting bigger that really shouldn't be getting bigger." :laugh: Stupid thighs (and stupid Oreos and ice cream). :grumble: Oh well. I really have to figure out how to get myself to exercise. It's not happening after work because I'm so tired (yep, exhaustion is creeping back). It's not happening during work because the weather sucks. It's not happening before work because every time I set my alarm clock early to go to the gym, I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, think "Ha! Yeah right!" and change my alarm time. I'll figure something out. I may just have to start walking the building & the stairs. I could get in a decent 30-40 minute work out but, agh, so boring.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Mama said it more nicely.
    I was going to tell you it sounds likes it's time for you to punch your hubby in the face.

Yeah. neither work. Or they work for like 3 days. It's easier to just do it myself. (Maybe if he fixes enough floors from me trying to do it myself he will start doing it himself... probably not) He made me so mad yesterday because I was at the gym until about 7:45 or 8 so when I got home he decided we had to order pizza because there wasn't time to cook. He gets home at like 7:20. I get home on Mondays always about 7:45 or 8. Apparently if I had not gone to the gym there would have been plenty of time for ME to make dinner between 7 and 8 (I do get off work at about 6/ 6:30, but I also have a house and 3 yr old here) but not enough time for HIM to make dinner, or it's not worth his time to do it. Same with him taking his lunch in the morning. It is WAY cheaper to make it than fast food it, but he will only take it if I make it. He's so lazy. He won't do anything himself that doesn't directly benefit himself in some way (generally speaking.) We're still the only people on the block who haven't cut their grass yet - though he has had 4 days off since it has needed to be done which he filled doing his own fun stuff. Only 2 more month until I can't go to the gym outside of childcare hours anymore anyway (did I mention hubby does NOT "babysit" so only about 10-12 more mornings of potential unattended toddler activity anyway then I have a baby with me literally 24/7 for at least the next year (unless I can work out some gym schedule within childcare hours, then I will get some time away.)
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Amanda - I'm sorry that you're starting to feel so uncomfortable. Hopefully you'll be able to find something that relaxes you and helps ease your body and mind. You're almost there girl, and you've done so great so far! It will all be worth it when you hold baby for the first time. I'll be thinking of you and I hope your appointment goes well.

Annabelle - What a nice treat for you and the kids, hope you enjoy the circus! This week is National Volunteer Week so it's great that you guys are being shown appreciation for your volunteerism throughout the year.

Rachael - Hope that your glucose test, ultrasound, and appointment go well!

Mel - Whoa... :angry: I'm p*ssed at your husband just from reading that. I'm a pretty non-confrontational person, but even those shenanigans would cause me to blow up, I don't know how you handle it. Hope someday he comes around and doesn't mind helping you out more.

Regina - Sorry you're having trouble with finding the right midwife. I'll be thinking of you, and hoping you find just the right person to share your birth experience with.

Julie - I'm pretty sure I would rather cut my own toe off and eat it for breakfast than get up early in the morning to workout. It isn't even an option for me.....it will never happen. Does the weather cool off enough in the evening that you could go for a walk?