*closed group* Flab to Fab 3 Month Challenge!

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Has this weeks challenge been posted yet? I can't seem to find it and I wanted to start early this time! lol

Ugh sorry darling, I haven't gotten anything together yet!! =( Any ideas?!?! I'm totally open for help this week guys!!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had a baaaad day yesterday. I was out of the house for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so it wasn't easy, then when we went to cheesecake factory for dinner and I saw Reese's (my downfall) chocolate cake cheesecake, I knew that there would be dessert in my future. Luckily hubby split it with me, so my half was slightly over 600 calories. AAAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!

But it was SO TASTY! The good news is, aside from yesterday, I have been exercising every day, and I finally was able to stay on the elliptical for 45 minutes today. I also have an appointment with a podiatrist on Friday, so hopefully I'll have some answers about my foot pain.

I haven't had a chance to look at the challenge video yet, Kerri, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a lot of jumping. Leg kicks shouldn't be a problem, though.

I hope everyone is having a marvelous day and I'll check in soon! I'm hoping for a nice drop on Friday when I weigh in, because I've been busting my butt. I'm due for a loss!

Take care, my friends!
  • jjeckels
    jjeckels Posts: 57
    Options
    Okay Ladies..quick question for all you...

I will be doing A LOT of walking for my job. I walked for about 5 hours today...my legs are torched!

I was planning on wearing my HRM tomorrow to see what calorie burn I get...do I count that as a workout? It seems like cheating to me...?!?!?!

I entered a few hours in today as a workout....
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Okay Ladies..quick question for all you...

I will be doing A LOT of walking for my job. I walked for about 5 hours today...my legs are torched!

I was planning on wearing my HRM tomorrow to see what calorie burn I get...do I count that as a workout? It seems like cheating to me...?!?!?!

I entered a few hours in today as a workout....

Wearing your HRM might not get you an accurate count. Unless your HR is elevated the whole time, the down times might not give you an over estimate. What do you have your profile activity level set at (under goals). If you have it set to sedentary, i would change it to lightly active or active and see what they give you for additional calories. When I had a job that I did a lot of walking I wore my HRM one day and it told me I burned 5000 calories in an 8 hour day. It definitely wasn't accurate. I think unless you have a body bugg they aren't meant to be worn all day long.
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feeling great tonight!!!!!!!! Loved tonight's workout...Insanity Plyo Cardio workout, a neighborhood walk w/ my future hubby, and I also did this week's challenge! What a good way to get back on track :)))

My challenge time today was 2:44. I won't do it tomorrow because I'm doing an a.m. workout (cardio recovery)and playing volleyball tomorrow night. I hope to do the challenge again on thursday and Saturday to see if I can improve. Thanks for the challenge Kerri...I loved it!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ok, finally got my mile run in. Not great, but I did jog almost all of it. 13:09.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Ok, finally got my mile run in. Not great, but I did jog almost all of it. 13:09.

great job!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wowee I just did this weeks challenge and it took me 2.31 minutes (i didn't do the leg kicks with a jump - I did the easy version!)

Its was tough and my thighs were BURNING afterwards! Which made me feel quite good actually. I might use this exercise more often for toning my legs. THANKS KERRI!

:)
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    So last week I lost 3 pounds. I lost 3 pounds because of some extremely emotional events which caused me to feel anxious and ill most of the week and limited how much food I could stomach. This week, emotions have carried over (and been added to) so I've been eating terribly. High fat, high sodium, high calorie garbage. I didn't make one single meal the entire week. All carryout food. I'm sure I'll have a gain on Friday. I'm not beating myself up over it because the last 2 weeks have been so challenging emotionally. I'm gonna have times like this in life and I'm learning from each experience. Each time I "fall of the wagon" I'm able to take something from it and apply it down the road. It's a process, right? I may lose the weight VERY slowly but my main goal now is to keep thinking about it. In the past after a slip up I'd just forget about it all together. Even when I was eating poorly I was thinking about it and that's an important thing for me. I may gain, lose, gain, lose but at least I'm not ignoring my weight for months at a time. I've stayed within 5 pounds since the end of February...fluctuating all of this time. I'll lose some, gain it back, lose some, gain it back. But I've been going through a lot of other life changes, too, and hopefully as I break through all of that I'll be in a better place physically and emotionally. Next week will be better.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    So last week I lost 3 pounds. I lost 3 pounds because of some extremely emotional events which caused me to feel anxious and ill most of the week and limited how much food I could stomach. This week, emotions have carried over (and been added to) so I've been eating terribly. High fat, high sodium, high calorie garbage. I didn't make one single meal the entire week. All carryout food. I'm sure I'll have a gain on Friday. I'm not beating myself up over it because the last 2 weeks have been so challenging emotionally. I'm gonna have times like this in life and I'm learning from each experience. Each time I "fall of the wagon" I'm able to take something from it and apply it down the road. It's a process, right? I may lose the weight VERY slowly but my main goal now is to keep thinking about it. In the past after a slip up I'd just forget about it all together. Even when I was eating poorly I was thinking about it and that's an important thing for me. I may gain, lose, gain, lose but at least I'm not ignoring my weight for months at a time. I've stayed within 5 pounds since the end of February...fluctuating all of this time. I'll lose some, gain it back, lose some, gain it back. But I've been going through a lot of other life changes, too, and hopefully as I break through all of that I'll be in a better place physically and emotionally. Next week will be better.

I've been thinking about you and I'm sending some hugs your way. I hope things look up. And yes - next week will be better! xoxo
  • mamarundrc
    Options

It is good that you are still thinking about it. It is hard to stay on plan when dealing with emotions. There is comfort in food and no amount of carrots is going to give you the same comfort as a nice bowl of mac and cheese. Being aware is 90% of the battle. You will take this experience and will be stronger because if it.

Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping things are getting better. Hang in there and take each day at a time!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Did this weeks challenge and just like I thought, it wasn't pretty. I did 10 reps in 4 minutes and 15 seconds. I started out doing the higher intensity with the full push up, the jump tuck and the jumping leg kicks. After 3 reps I did the half push up, jump tuck and no jumping in the leg kicks. It was quite a challenge. Definitely looking forward to doing it again sometime to see if I can improve on my time!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Ok, after a hellacious couple of weeks with gains, I am finally back on track. I got on the scale today, and I am only .2 lbs. away from my low weight, and 3 lbs from my Easter goal. This Friday will be a good weigh in!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options

Thinking of you hun. Well done for battling through and looking after your health when you are experiencing tough times. I know how hard that can be and letting go completely can make the recovery ten times harder. :flowerforyou:
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Sooooooo today didn't really go to plan unfortunately. I did about 30minutes of weights this morning before I had to head into town to meet friends. I planned on getting some more exercise in when I got home, like a run or something, but I just didn't motivate myself enough to get out and do it. Also I decided that I wasn't going to have lunch in town with the girls because I knew I would make a bad choice so the plan was to make lunch and have it before I left the house. But I left it too late and didn't have time to eat before I left. I stuck to my decision of not having lunch out so I ended up not eating anything until I got home at 7pm :(
    So I made my 'lunch' salad and ate it when I came home. Therefore I didn't have dinner because it was too late. So Im quite a bit under my calorie goal today and I didn't get as much exercise as I wanted in. Not the greatest day Ive had so far but Im glad I didnt decide to eat out because then I'd be dealing with a large calorie consumption + no exercise and that would have completely ruined the week for me.

So here's to getting back at it tomorrow. I really need to find some motivation to work out. Im just not feeling it lately! Why am I sooo lazy?!

The mini challenge was good this morning though. I might do it again tomorrow morning :smile:

Mon-Fri Challenge results:
    1. Burned 2295 / 4000 calories
    2. Ran 6.4 / 15.5 miles
    3. Did weights this morning (1 / 2)
    4. Drank 85oz water
    5. Didn't eat after 9.30pm :)
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm joining the challenge a wee bit late (only just organised interent in my new house) but i'm ready to get bikini ready with all of you :)
    My name's sarah and the username is pretty self-explanatory :P I'll be 20 in May, and i'm a college student living in Melbourne Australia. I've lived all over the world with my family as my step dad has to move around a lot for work so life has been pretty interesting so far :) I was born in New zealand, moved to vietnam for a few years, then to jakarta, then singapore and now melbourne.
    I have struggled with weight most of my life, especially with emotional eating, but things have been a lot better this year. I still have my ups and downs, but now it's different when i feel down because i just know i can and will get out of it.
    So for this challenge, i'm a lot less focused on my weight, but more so on measurements, fitness and how my clothes fit. I would like to lose 10 pounds this challenge and get around 18% body fat (i'm at 20 now), but i'd be fine with losing no weight and losing inches and gaining some muscle. I've lost about 15 pounds so far, and i feel so much better than I did before i've joined mfp. People are beginning to notice a difference and so am i which is great. I'm not overweight by any means but i don't see why i can't have the body i really want!
    I look forward to getting to know you all :)
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this week's challenge today, scary!
    Then run 2 miles race pace for my 5K race on Saturday. Goal for the 2 miles is 18 minutes and for the race, 29!

Also, i bought tomato plants yesterday for my food garden this summer. I want to grow some easy, healthy vegetables in my backyard....What else should I get? Cucumbers, squash, blackberries?

THANKS!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    NOOOOO! Hello TOM! Thanks for swooping in a ruining my weigh in this week! Im bloated to no end and Im up 2lbs this morning! (Had a sneak peak, I know its bold!) :sad: :sad:
    At least I can rest assured the gain is only TOM related cos the rest of the week is going well and last weekend was great for me too. So just keep ploughing ahead Lorraine! :grumble:

Also big welcome to Sarah for joining the challenge :flowerforyou: Wow you have had a very adventurous upbringing traveling all over the world! I would love to see some of those places. You can check back through the thread to find out who we all are and what we've been up to for the last couple of weeks. Check out our mini challenge for this week! Its a good one!! Best of luck with reaching your goals, we'll help you all the way!

Diana, that's so exciting about growing your own food garden! Such a good idea! And you have fresh produce right at your finger tips. Brilliant! Would love to do something like that myself....but I need to find myself a garden first! :laugh:

Good luck today ladies. Last chance workouts in before weigh-in in the morning! x
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Good luck today ladies. Last chance workouts in before weigh-in in the morning! x

Ahhh!! I'm so nervous to get on the scale this week, seeing as it's a new scale!! Won't be on much after today, but I will be using my phone App to log calories/exercise. Heading up north with my family :smile: I'm going to try and do the challenge today during one of Lukas's naps hehe.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! Goodluck weighing in!!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options

Hoping to survive today and get a great run in. Visiting my parents is tough but at least there is actually a few healthy things in the house and my dad said we are staying in tonight for dinner. I should be able to better control my portion and food. Hope everyone has a great day.