No more late night snacks challenge

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Tonight makes 3 days in a row - no snacks after my 9:30 cut off. Good luck and good night.:yawn:
  • msblondy16
    Options
    ok once again i failed... i would really like my cutoff to be 9 but tonight i didnt get home until 915, listened to my roommate practice her presentation, then ate my last tidbit by 10. does it count if its not snacking? i wish but i think the answer is no...

so i am going to set my cutoff to between 9 and 10 and see how that goes... i would like to eat dinner earlier but like tonight i went to spinning at 7 and if i eat more than just a piece of fruit before hand i will most definitely puke!

but i love that this thread keeps me accountable for my snacking cuz it is definitely my problem! :bigsmile:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    msblondy, are you still within your calories? I agree very much to what I read somewhere: the food you eat at night does not have more calories than it would have if eaten any other time. It's just that in the evening you eat and eat and eat, so it sums up. So, as you say, if you are accountable it's great! Plus, if you go to bed after midnight, 10 pm might be just right.

I guess today could count as day 4 for me, but I'm still not completely happy with how it goes. I either have to set my cut off time lower, or be more strict about the calories I eat throughout the day. By 9 pm I'm so full that stopping just keeps me away from overeating. I guess I panic a bit around 8 pm :smile: .

Good luck, everyone, and don't be afraid to restart. Every day is a new day, and we take it one day at a time, right? :flowerforyou:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I failed again last night. I ate cheese curds at the bar at 9:30pm

Today I feel very overwhelmed.... and I was to eat eat eat.
    My husband lost his job and now we have no income coming in. I started looking for a job today, but I can't work certain days of the week because of school.....
    Potty training the 2 1/2 year old.
    Allergy boy (my son).
    AAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. I want chocolate and fried things!!!!
    I am trying to stay strong and I am going to head to the gym in about 30 minutes.
    I am so frustrated and feel like such a failure today that I just want to curl up with some nasty foods and get fat.
    I know I would regret it as soon as I got done. I always do, but it is a hard urge to fight.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    wlhan dont give up. This is why were all here for support from each other not the comfort we find in food. So go ahead let your frustrations out on here, theres no extra calories for that :smile:

I also failed too, I havent even made day one yet! Calories yesterday didnt eat them but I sure did drink them. So today I try again.

Ms if you go to bed at 12 you should have your cutoff at 10 thats mine and my bedtime is somewhere around 12 12:30 and it doesnt sound like your snacking your just trying to get your calories in which you need to do.

Dew way to go on four days !
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    Wow....this is tough. I didn't make it last night. I just wake up every single night at 10:45 and eat something. I wish there was some way to sleep through the night, but my husband and I both are very light sleepers and he eats at night because he eats NOTHING during the day and then comes home and eats all of his calories at night (dinner and middle of the night snacking). It's a vicious cycle. If I don't eat, then I generally don't go back to sleep I'll try again today......DAY 1! If I could just make it a couple of days, I can break the cycle......I hope.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Healthjunkie, why don't you try with some light snack first? Donno, a fruit, a yogurt... Not a sweet one - my hubby says he can't fall asleep properly after eating something sweet. I can believe it's hard to break a habit, but you can do it!

wlhanisch, cheer up! You'll find a job, don't worry. So will your hubby! Just keep trying. And when you feel like eating, try searching for a job online. It's easier to get a job when you have a healthy mind in a healthy body (as the romans use to say :wink: ). Plus, your kids need a healthy mum. I know it's easier to talk than to do so, since I myself had some dark chocolate as a morning snack, but hey, we're aware and that's the first step. And we're just NOT GIVING UP!

kirstina, I love your thinking. We're gonna get there. As I said, it might be day 4 for me, but something just isn't right. Can't wait for Tom to leave town :wink: .

Stay tuned, everyone, we'll amaze each other with the progress we'll be making, yeah! :drinker:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Damn, I am back to day 1. I couldn't make it last night--watching the Biggest Loser always makes me hungry for some reason! I don't feel guilty though because I think it's almost that TOM for me, so I needed some chocolate and I know one night's not going to kill my progress!!! :tongue:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I did resist the temptation last night. I went to the gym and then I went grocery shopping with my workout buddy. She was buying dinner for tonight. I decided to do the same. I bought stuff for salads and for sandwiches for my family. I didn't even eat the Little Debbie's I bought for my hubby. I wasn't even tempted. I just put the groceries away, took a shower and crawled under my warm covers (it was cold and snowing outside).
    I am proud of myself for resisting temptation last night.

One day at a time...

Thanks for the words of support.
  • msblondy16
    Options
    Good job everyone! it is so hard when stress makes you just want to eat and eat... especially now that all the yummy holiday stuff is out!

wl - im so sorry to hear about your hard times, just make sure you focus on you for a bit so you can help support those around you.

gm - sometimes we all need some chocolate!

healthjunkie - could you maybe try snacking on something like carrot sticks or something? they are harder to chew so you cant eat them super fast and they are a little sweet. or maybe try microwaving them with a little water and cinnamon and honey on top? or a sweet potato with the same? i think its super good and it may curb your sweet tooth.

I actually made it home today by 730, woot woot. I finished eating at 830 and was like oooo maybe ill have some of the chips left from our party... and then was like NO i need to go write on the challenge wall and then i would have to say i failed!!! Thanks for the great support :flowerforyou: . Oh and yeah when I get home late I am never over my calories, I just try to eat all the calories I can before passing out in bed. My biggest problem is undereating... or just totally bingeing. I have no happy-medium eating mode...

Here's to day 3 :drinker: (i think i counted that right...)
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    Just checking in to say that last night was my 4th night in a row of no snacking after 9:30 p.m. I took forever flossing my teeth last night - no way was I going to eat after that!!
    I am motivated. This thread is doing wonders for me.
    Hang in there everyone.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    wlhanisch - Sorry to hear about your husband's job That is very stressful. A possible job for you that is flexible is substituting as an aide or teacher at your local schools. Your husband could stay home while you work at school or some regular part-time job. This way you can watch the kids when he goes for a job interview. I wish you both the best of luck. If possible, try to exercise away the stress. You don't want to make matters worse by eating too much of the wrong things.
    Zaza
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Day 0 today. I really need a fresh start. Been feeling like sort of cheating these day. I'm also happy about this thread, it makes me so much more accountable. Plus, it seems like we get to a small community, don't you feel so? :flowerforyou:

So, here's to a new start! :drinker:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    :smile:
    I am so happy that I didn't give in last night. I am going to the gym around 8:00 tonight, work out until either 9:30 or 10:00. I am avoiding the bar tonight even though it is one of my friends b-days... I did think about dropping in to buy her a drink, but she knows I have to be extra tight with money right now.
    My husband pounded the pavement today and might have found himself a job. He goes back in on Monday. I've gotta cross my fingers... it sounds like they need someone to do their graphics and their advertising too. Which is right up my alley. My hubby gave them my e-mail address.

My Grandmother always said.... "Nothing is SO bad that it isn't good for something."

Perhaps this is our blessing in disguise.

Thanks for your thoughts and support.

ZAZA- GREAT JOB AT NO SNACKING!!!!

I can say this is day 2.... I hope I can resist the temptation.

106069.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    wlhanisch,
    Great News on the possible job for hubby! I am sending positive thoughts your way. I know it gets said all the time, but everything really does happen for a reason (or at least that is my belief)! I am starting again today and not eating after 9 tonight NO MATTER WHAT. This night eating is the only thing holding me back! I do well every other part of the day. Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just saw this link, day 1 for me!

Im going to try drawing (or learn how to cross stitch) to keep my mind and hands busy late at night and to stop the inevitable walk to the fridge (I swear it calls my name sometimes!!!!)
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Mariethai-
    Hello :flowerforyou:

I swear my fridge calls to me too.

Drawing or cross stitching sounds like an excellent idea. I think besides the whitening strips keeping the hands busy (with something that needs to stay clean is an excellent idea.

I think I'll try doing tie blankets for newborns at church or big ones for family members...

GREAT IDEA!!!!! Thank you mariethai!!

HEALTH JUNKIE-

Thank you for your thoughts and I do believe you can tame the beast in the cupboards too.

After supper tonight all I had was a big water, a glass of water w/crystal light to go mixed in and I did have a small frozen coke form burger king at 8:00ish

I think I can still count that as day 2
  • dewpearl
    Options
    wlhanisch, so happy about the good news and your positivity. Prayers coming your way! You're such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:

mariethai, welcome :flowerforyou: and good luck. We're struggling, but we're getting there! :drinker:
  • zaza54
    Options
    You are all keeping me honest. Last night was 5 days in a row of no late night snacking! I can't believe it since this is so unlike me. I am also happy to report that my weight loss ticker is at an all-time low for me. I am amazed.
    You can do this too. I go upstairs and watch tv in my room and I really do floss and brush my teeth so no eating after 9:30.
    Good luck everyone and especially to wlhanisch and your husband inthejob search. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!
  • dewpearl
    Options
    Sticking to day 0 still. A bit low and pretty tired. Tomorrow's a new day. Here's to tomorrow! :drinker: