Starting P90X!

Options

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Teena: Have fun with your grandson and Kenpo+. How wonderful to teach him the importance of fitness!

Tiff: Good for you in getting the workouts in while out of town. That can be so difficult.

It was Yoga and Ab Ripper for me today. I dread yoga for some reason, but it felt so good!!!!!

My daughters are spending the night with their grandmother, so I am off to buy some wine for myself and to cook dinner for my dh and myself. We don't have a night at home alone very often. :smooched:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I did not post last night. Last night I did P90X Legs & Back workout. It was the BEST Legs & Back I have ever done! I had a personal best and did (both rounds combined) 32 unassisted chin-ups. My max prior to that was 10! I have never been able to do an overhand unassisted pull-up and I did 6 wide front pull-ups, 9 closed grip overhand pull-ups and 8 switch grip pull-ups, all unassisted!
    Tena

That is awesome!!! WTG on your PB workout!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    It was Yoga and Ab Ripper for me today. I dread yoga for some reason, but it felt so good!!!!!

My daughters are spending the night with their grandmother, so I am off to buy some wine for myself and to cook dinner for my dh and myself. We don't have a night at home alone very often. :smooched:

Hope you enjoyed your time w/ your dh tonight! I'm not a huge yoga fan, but I do feel better when I do it!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello Hello!! I didn't post last night because my bf and I are at his sister's house this weekend. I did the poly for the 1st time! Only got half way through before I totally died!! :angry: I didn't make an excuses and found a time and place to do it (10 PM in the kids' playroom... Used one there "life size" barbie dolls for the exercise to raise my legs up and over....no joke!!! lol!) :glasses: Next week my goal is to get through more than 3/4 of it!

I am going to do the shoulders and arms with the ab ripper X today (even though my shoulders KILL from Thursday workout!! LOVE IT!! :love: ) Will likely have to wait till they go to bed so I can use there playroom again.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Tiffany :flowerforyou:

Hahaha, that's very funny that you used a lifesize barbie for Plyo!! Great job getting through halfway! I remember when my brother first did Plyo, he called me and said he could only make it through the warmup. :laugh: It took him about a month, but he was sooo happy when he made it through the whole workout! (but couldn't hardly walk the next day! :laugh: )

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wow, I hope I can stay as focused as you guys seem to be. I just ordered the program today. I've been going to the gym, working out isn' the problem, my eating habits are terrible. My daugher and Grand-daughter live with us. I hope I can make the time to stick to the program, finding time isn't easy around here. I love the way I feel when I'm in shape. Other wise I feel like crap, and have no energy. Looking at some of the pictures sure gives inspiration.

Good luck as you start your program. Nutrition is a big part in it, so get ready to lose the junk and eat clean! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had lovely weekends.

Chest, shoulders, tri for me this a.m. My upper arms feel like jello, it's even hard to type :tongue:
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Well this week, I am in Phase 3 Recovery Week. This will be the end of Round 5 on the X. Tonight I did 1 on 1 Road Warrior! It was a great workout! I burned 436 calories in that one hour workout and really felt the burn in my arms, chest and back. Tomorrow I am doing the brutal 1 on 1 Plyo Legs. I just love that workout and burn in your butt and legs!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing excellent with their workouts! Be proud of yourself.

Tena
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Good morning! 423 calories gone thanks to Plyo! :happy:
    Have a great day, girls, BRING IT!
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    wow! So many new people!
    Sorry for being MIA!!!

I took a week off because of my cold.
    I did Cardio X yesterday and shoulders/bi/tri today - I am barely alive after that. :laugh:
    I am glad for Lora in that DVD - she is close to my age and doing push-ups in a simplified/easy way, that makes me feel better. Today was the first time for that work out, so I did not do a a perfect job of it, still learning and not getting too ambitious.
    I have a bit of a problem with my right elbow and very mindful of it. I am hoping that by doing things less intensely I'll be able to strengthen it, without doing too much harm. I am really hopeful.

Also, by taking some time off I realized that I was not eating enough and probably sabotaging my recovery. I am going to stay with 1800 calories as advised, but going to ease up on proportions of carbs.
    The reason for that is that when I don't eat enough carbs, I get stopped up :embarassed:

:smooched: I am sure I will offend some peoples sensibilities, but at the same time more people will say they are in the same boat as me.
    OK, even though it is a holiday and I am not at work, I cannot relax...tying the loose end of renovation and planning my life for the rest of the year!!!

Hope all of you are staying strong but smart and flexible!!!
    Bring it!
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Jenny and gang.
    I am feeling like I need a bit more accountability for my nutrition at this time. For some reason I am in a bit of a funk and have eaten REALLY poorly today and had more than my share of cookies yesterday.
    I am currently in the middle of week 8 of X+.
    Can I join you all?
    I need help:huh:
    Licia
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Welcome back, Jenny! Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you are feeling better. :flowerforyou:

Licia, welcome. I stay within my calories, but I do not follow a "clean" diet, as of yet. So nutrition accountability would be good for me also.
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi, Licia!
    Cookies? Bad girl!! I( feel like I know you so just fooling around with you)
    While sick I was a bit in a disarray with food. there was a few days when all I felt like eating was ...bagels !
    Couple of time I felt as if I had morning sickness and almost reached for pickles and icecream!!! shishhhh....very weird...

It was ar-mazing to me, because while I can eat a lot, I don't crave carbs!

I am back to my normal taste now, but I admint - I need to shake up my cooking a bit.
    On top of it, I think I forgot how to cook during renovation :embarassed:
    Anywhooooo, I am back and will do my best to stay with it and improve as I go....

Oh, wow...the day went by real fast...
    I've done a lot done, but just now taking a break.
    My area rugs are back on the floor, and it feels like home again!!!!

I was even singing some opera area in Russian,I think from Marriage of Figaro, and man's one, as usual....I don't know why I always remember those!!! Ar-mazing I tell you!!!!
  • licia67
    Options
    Glad that you are back to being yourself... and no worries you can tease me all that you want:happy:
    I can't believe that I ate cookies nor can I believe what I ate today.

Renovations? Please share with me what you did. Was it your kitchen?
    Do you got pics from before and after?
    I am a reno junkie:bigsmile: I watch all the home shows that I can:laugh:

Licia
  • licia67
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome 515!
    I usually stay within my calories and ratios, and 99% of the time I eat clean, I just feel as though I am having a bit of a hard time at the moment.
    When I clicked here and started looking around I figured that this may be a great place for support outside of BB Boards.
    As I said " I need all the help that I can get":bigsmile:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Licia - I want to forget renovations exist!!!!!

still need to get over this one...
    we re-did our kitchen and converted our English basement into a walk-in apartment.

several weekends in the row I keep washing and washing and sorting and moving things around, and I am still not done! Thanksgiging is around the conver - I need to be ready for the family get-together!

Everybody seems to want to come and see my new kitchen etc, so I am under pressure to get this ship in tip-top shape!!!

I thought I would change the couches that I bought from Macys 10 years ago, but now we don't feel like spending money too freely in the light of all that's going on and I think I will wash the pillow cases yet again....agr...that will take up half-of my next weekend...bugger!!!! The sains don't wonna came off either...

Sorry, I am venting, but I am happy I am back and feel chatty!

OK, ladies and occasional gents - have a great night!!!!!
  • licia67
    Options
    Good Morning Gang! I am waking up and planning my meals. I do this every day and I usually only eat what I have planned, as I said before I had a hard time the past two days doing this, Please wish me luck and if I have a moment when I feel the "urge" I will come here first:bigsmile:

Today I have Shoulders and Arms along with ARX, I haven't done this one for weeks and wonder how I will do...hopefully I can pull my 15's for curls:happy:

Licia
  • licia67
    Options
    Jenny it sounds like you made some great home improvements.
    I hope that they all bring you plenty of joy after this period of aggravation.

Licia
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Morning!
    I woke up and did Yoga X!!!

Today I really enjoyed upward dog - I felt a lot of pent up stiffness in my lower back.
    I could tell I did a lot of good to alleviate that. I did not do venyasas the way the man and the "kids" were - I am giving my elbow a break!!! I am sharing this with you, so especially those who struggle with Yoga know that you don't have to do everything - feel free to modify and skip a venyasa, or two :smile: It is not a sin!!!!

Generally in US the move to make Yoga into all-encampusing exercise is very wide spread. Yoga is first and foremost, in my view, for flexibility and balance, breathing and relaxation - not how many push-ups you do. Hope this will make you like Yoga X more :smooched:

I wish Tony was yupping less though :laugh:
  • maya08
    Options
    Hello! This is a great thread!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Licia!
    Great thing on planning your meals.
    I cooked for a week so I can just mix and match: turkey with green beans or pork with swiss chard, stuff like that...a little blend, but safe as far as calories.
    I need to jazz it up a bit, and I will soon. Still getting used to my new kitchen.

I noticed that occasionally our bodies/or minds go into revolt and reject the routine. Hard to understand why, but the usual suspects are PMS, stress or boredom.

Takes a lot of though to figure out.

How is your son doing, Licia?