Pacific Northwest peeps look here!

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm glad I live in Eugene (today) I guess! Its been sunny here all day. The wind...well thats a different story.
    I never remember wind growing up...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Nov. 5th, 2009. That was my first ride in hail. It was also my first time piloting a motorcycle on the open road (not at an MSF course). Thank you PNW. Waterproof gear is an absolute must around here for the monsoon season.

Funny how that is. The first time I ever rode to work, nervous as all hell, with no rain gear, of course it started pouring hard when I was on 520.

And that other day when I rode my (pedal-powered) bike outside for the first time in years, of course it started raining just as I got outside.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I think I own 4 water proof jackets 3 waterproof shoes/boots and ZERO umbrellas! :-D Tis the way! Gore-tex baby! haha
    But I avoid my bicycle under 60 degrees... and sprinkling is fine. Raining sideways or wind... I HATE! I ammm really looking forward to the warmer weather that bike needs some attention-and fast!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,723 Member
    Options
    I was driving in Sumner today, and my car thermometer said it was 51 degrees outside. Then the weather report came on the radio, and they said it was snowing in Bonney Lake, about five minutes away. What the heck?
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I was driving in Sumner today, and my car thermometer said it was 51 degrees outside. Then the weather report came on the radio, and they said it was snowing in Bonney Lake, about five minutes away. What the heck?
    hahahahahah Nice! I heard it snowed in Pullman today.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I'm friending you! Look for the couch to 5k...its a new runners training program. You can also find great programs on Hal Higdons website! Good luck!
    I am on day 3 of c25k But i am a dork and I keep doing right after my killer circuits! hahah I will never be able to run at this rate! ;) I wish I was up for Warrior dash. This girl is afraid of heights, and has a connective tissue disorder! BLECH! Anyhow, I really enjoy watching them though and my man LOVES them. He did Muddy Buddy in Portland last fall and is doing it this year again. A blast!:-D

I just finished W7 of C25K. I'm moving to W8 today. As for the weather....taso you jinxed me. It started hailing right when I got home and was about to go running!
  • barbmpac
    barbmpac Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I lived in Seattle and Everett for 16 years but you know what? There is a desert in Washington and though it is little chilly for this time of year, we have SUN. And a few days a year over 100. And the traffic is not so bad! Pitching for the Tri-Cities. Those of us who have had to put up with the wind and dust for a few years call it the dry ****tys.

Recreation usually involves the Columbia River. Or walking up Rattlesnake Mountain. And they call it that for a reason.

Have a great day.

Barb
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close to you, live in Tacoma. =)
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I live down in Albany, which is about 20 minutes south of Salem. The weather is insane sometimes!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I feel ya. I lived in Seattle and Everett for 16 years but you know what? There is a desert in Washington and though it is little chilly for this time of year, we have SUN. And a few days a year over 100. And the traffic is not so bad! Pitching for the Tri-Cities. Those of us who have had to put up with the wind and dust for a few years call it the dry ****tys.

Recreation usually involves the Columbia River. Or walking up Rattlesnake Mountain. And they call it that for a reason.

Have a great day.

Barb
    That is one of my favorite things about this state! It has it all! :-D
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I just finished W7 of C25K. I'm moving to W8 today. As for the weather....taso you jinxed me. It started hailing right when I got home and was about to go running!

Damn, sorry man :frown: I was shocked I made it all the way to work today, wearing sunglasses! whoa!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,098 Member
    Options
    Going for an outside hike at the beach today . . . soooo excited . . . .sun_bespectacled.gif
  • outersoul
    Options
    We have sun in the south again!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I found this group! So nice to see all of you here!
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    from cle elum windy and rainy
  • Lkors
    Lkors Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everyone! Laura here from Renton, WA. Suffering from post-Easter residual eating.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Sounds like a NW spring day.

I went out early for my walk in the rain and wind and this afternoon has been all sunshine while I'm stuck inside working.
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know it's a long shot, but is anyone out there living in the Tri-Cities in WA? I don't have anyone here willing to go jogging with me or do anything to help me with my weight loss. I'm new to the area (origionally from Bremerton, WA) so I don't know many people. I don't care how much you have to lose or where you are at with your work outs (so long as you don't expect me to be able to run 5 miles non-stop haha). If anyone is from here and wanting a work out partner or some motivation closer to home, please feel free to friend me.

All other friends are welcomed as well
  • outersoul
    Options
    You found us!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I know it's a long shot, but is anyone out there living in the Tri-Cities in WA? I don't have anyone here willing to go jogging with me or do anything to help me with my weight loss. I'm new to the area (origionally from Bremerton, WA) so I don't know many people. I don't care how much you have to lose or where you are at with your work outs (so long as you don't expect me to be able to run 5 miles non-stop haha). If anyone is from here and wanting a work out partner or some motivation closer to home, please feel free to friend me.

All other friends are welcomed as well

My mom's from the Tri-Cities. I spent one summer there with my grandparents in high school and took up jogging at 5 am or so...before it got hot lol.