Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    This is where I stand so far:
    5lb a month challenge SW:186.3 on 4/1/11 CW:181.7~~~Total 4.6lbs for April!!!!
    4/08/11= (184.9)~~~~~4/15/11= (183.9)~~~~~ 4/22/11= (???)~~~~~4/29/11= (???)
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Thanks Phyljen for the compliments and encouragement. :flowerforyou:

Amanda - I did it! I made my BF hide the scales from me. I thought having the scales where I saw them everyday would keep me motivated but instead I obsessed about getting on the dang things everytime I walked in the bathroom!!!! Getting healthy is about so much more than a stupid number so I have to get over it. Hitting the 50 lb. mark is such a milestone and I'm dying to get there so hopefully when I do, my focus on the scale will taper off. :grumble:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Have officially hit a plateu.... this week I lost nothing. weight and measurments are exactly the same. Really looking forward to starting 30ds friday.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    4/2 - 149
    4/9 - 149
    4/16-149

WTH?!?!? : (

been working out at least 350 minutes a week w/ 60 minutes being strength training.
    started zig zagging my calories this week...
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Went to Costco and bought veggies today. Yay!

My work will be slower now until the end of the school year, so I guess I am out of reasons not to log in everyday and I better get my booty in gear! I wont weigh in the rest of April, instead I am going to work my way back into healthy living step by step and start counting my weight in May.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Amanda - I did it! I made my BF hide the scales from me. I thought having the scales where I saw them everyday would keep me motivated but instead I obsessed about getting on the dang things everytime I walked in the bathroom!!!! Getting healthy is about so much more than a stupid number so I have to get over it. Hitting the 50 lb. mark is such a milestone and I'm dying to get there so hopefully when I do, my focus on the scale will taper off. :grumble:

Good for you Lisa! You will realize that everything clicks much better in your head than it does on that scale. I got back at my consistant workouts & really killin it and also have been watching what I eat SO MUCH! However I did finally give myself a treat today, after I found some size 12 skorts & capris at a consignment shop that fit like a glove! :bigsmile: I'm getting anxious for my weigh in this weekend. I had given up the scale for Lent, but since my parents are coming home from their winter home in Texas on Friday, I decided I will weigh in on Friday & hopefully it really will be a GOOD FRIDAY. :bigsmile: I'm not sure how often I will weigh after Easter. But I know now that I will NOT be doing it every day like I was doing for almost the entire winter. That really made it a prison for me looking at that number every single day. :grumble: That won't happen again!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Not a good month for me so far!!!! away last week and also my daughters birthday and next week its my other daughters birthday + Easter ............ I must get some control back with my eating :embarassed:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    SW 149
    W1 150
    W2 151
    W3 151

grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ugh this internet off and on working thing is driving me crazy. I couldn't log my weight yesterday. Not that I really wanted to anyways.

CSW- 274.9

4-7-11- 272.6

4-12-11- 271.6

4-18-11 - 272.3
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump,, will check it out later when i have more time.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options

Good for you Lisa! You will realize that everything clicks much better in your head than it does on that scale. I got back at my consistant workouts & really killin it and also have been watching what I eat SO MUCH! However I did finally give myself a treat today, after I found some size 12 skorts & capris at a consignment shop that fit like a glove! :bigsmile: I'm getting anxious for my weigh in this weekend. I had given up the scale for Lent, but since my parents are coming home from their winter home in Texas on Friday, I decided I will weigh in on Friday & hopefully it really will be a GOOD FRIDAY. :bigsmile: I'm not sure how often I will weigh after Easter. But I know now that I will NOT be doing it every day like I was doing for almost the entire winter. That really made it a prison for me looking at that number every single day. :grumble: That won't happen again!

PRISON is a great way to describe it! Good luck without your scales, ladies. I'm happy we have all released ourselves from that prison.
  • smvamp
    smvamp Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm starting this challenge kind of late...but I'm game.

SW: 205lbs
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've been really careful this week to log everything and to do exercise every day. NO cheats. I am looking forward to a good weigh in on Friday. And if I have not lost a pound I know I have lost inches. Feeling good and ONE MORE DAY UNTIL SPRING BREAK!
    Off to visit my daughter and I can't wait! Phyljen
  • Mytwogirls
    Mytwogirls Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SW: 123

I hope to be 115 by June 1st. I haven't been able to get my last 8 pounds off for a long time! It's very hard for me to lose more than 1 pound a week but we're moving to a new home June 1st and I'd love to start my new life there at the weight I always was prior to having my kids. It's been a LONG time since I've been that weight and I miss it. I never felt or looked better than I did 4 years ago before my girls were born. I think I'm going to try the Atkins diet for two weeks, then switch to weight watchers. Any pointers or recommendations? I hear horror stories about Atkins but is it ok for just 2 weeks? If anyone is on it, can you eat veggies or none at all for the first two weeks? TIA!! Good luck everyone!!
  • animechic23
    Options
    starting: 231
    Week 1: 228.8
    Week 2: 231
    Week 3: 229

three more pounds to go........
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Back at 150 today! Lost 3.4 pounds this week...hope I can keep going in the right direction now.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh im sooo not caught up! so busy getting a new job and getting settled in and all of that fun stuff.

I missed my sunday weigh in but don't worry nothing changed and even still nothing has changed ill let you know on sunday or maybe monday since ill be up from 5am till 12am sunday allll day long! saturday too!

up side im bouncing between 150 and 152. Used to be strictly 152 no bouncing, and iv been lucky enough to see 149 for a split second lol. gives me hope hahaha
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Went on a lovely walk yesterday during my lunch break and I'm going again today.

Not been posting as I use to, not much to say these days I guess...
    I'm kinda having a hard time in life right now. But your all doing great and even when I don't post I am still reading and wishing you all the best! Much love girls! :heart:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    JENN
    Glad to see you anytime you post. Sorry that you are having a hard time these days. What can i do to lighten your spirit? good for you taking the walks. Nothing better to relieve a little stress. Walk it off.
    Hope all is going better for you soon. Phyljen:wink:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal friends I need some advice. WARNING ...Not About Weightloss

I just got a new weekend job and Im going to quit my monday/tuesday job ... the question is when should I quit? I still have some training that is required and im schedualed to do itthe first tuesday and thursday in may so untill its done im suspended for that week and then after its done I can work the following monday again

So if I just tell her now that I will quit at the end of this month that only gives her a week but i know some employees that wouldn't mind more hours. OR if I quit at the end of the month i will end up doing paid training and turning around a week later to put in my two weeks...

Should I quit now before they have wasted efforts in training me but only give them a week where i would still be working for them
    OR should I quit at the end of may and I can put in a propper two weeks notice But they would have paid me for training and covered my shifts in order to send me to that training? What would you do?