5'5'' ladies...what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I was my healthiest (size 6-8) and working out I weighed 135. I've been as low as 118 but was skeletal/anorexic looking at that weight (size 0-2).
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 145. Once I hit that I will re-evalutate. However, I'm pretty proportional (168ish lbs and a size 8 currently), so we'll see.
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4" and my goal weight is 120lbs. I wouldn't mind pushing for 115lbs, but if I can hit 120, I'd be happy. I looked my best then.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and I'm striving for 140-145.. never been that small as an adult so it'll be interesting to see what happens!
  • littlejelli
    Options
    My goal weight is 115 lbs, but I'd like to reach 120 lbs at most.

Speaking of which, how are you guys losing weight? I haven't been able to lose weight in a really long time... :(
  • angtodaycounts
    angtodaycounts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I will be so happy once I hit 150 but my ultimate goal will be somewhere between 125-140. Haven't been normal weight since having kids so I am not sure what will look/feel good.
  • kamikazikelli
    kamikazikelli Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy at 140, what I was in high school, right before my battle with bulimia started.
    My "healthy" goal is 125.
    My dream goal is 100.
  • geminibaby78
    geminibaby78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im thinking about 140
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my ugw is between 110-120 I have quite a small build but I want to have that athletic toned look about me.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine is 125-130. I figure if I look and feel good at 130 there is no need to lose anymore.
  • real_eyes
    real_eyes Posts: 19
    Options
    My goal is 140lb as well!~
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting question with quite varied answers! I love it!

I am about 5' 5.5". As an adult I never weighed under 150 until I crash dieted my way down to 135 pounds at 40 years old. I'd rather die than exercise, so I had no muscle tone but also no gut above or below my belt on my size 8 jeans when I sat down. I loved that! Since then, I got up to 205 and when I was 50 I made a lifestyle change of healthy eating and regular exercise and weight training with light dumbbells at home. I got my 152 pound body into any pair of size 8 jeans I could find! EXERCISE TRANSFORMS YOUR BODY! It was hot news to me!

I went up 18 pounds due to lack of diligence, so I am shooting for 135 pounds again with the extra advantage of exercise this time! I have broad shoulders and hips, medium boobs, smaller waist, and thunder thighs. Currently I am wearing size 10 jeans with one old size 8 pair that fit fine. I'd like to see what a size 6 looks like! I am very pear shaped without exercise, but when I am diligent, the pear is gone and everything fits GREAT! That is how I know when I'm there. Plus I am one who does believe in the BMI as a GUIDE. I consider myself medium boned, so smack dab in the middle is 135.

And ladies, take this for what it is worth: I heard Dr. Oz say, "any woman (who stays) over 150 pounds is very likely to get diabetes at some point in her lifetime." I believe exess weight is a factor in many disease processes. Just an opinion. I don't know how close I can get to 135 or if I can maintain it, but I'm giving it my all this time! Regardless of where my weight loss ends, I plan to continue to eat very healthfully and maintain my daily exercise program indefinitely.

Good luck to everyone!
  • mitchielovesyou
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 115 pounds for my figure skating. Too bad it requires so much muscle and that really adds on the pounds ):
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    Well I'm just shy of 5'5" and my goal weight is 108-110. I've been there before and my entire family is very slim, so yes, this is a healthy goal for ME. Not for everyone, obviously.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'6" and my goal is to fluctuate between 120-125
    > my pre-marriage/kids weight! :wink:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", I'd like to be 130 :)
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 - goal weight is 140/137 because it feels achievable - I have no idea what I will look like when I'm that weight mind you so I guess I'll get there and then re-assess....
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 126lbs, I don't know how achievable it is as I've never been that slim, but it's worth trying!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    135-140, anything below that and my face looks wayyy too thin.
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and although I would KILL to be 125lbs I am thinking a realistic 133lb.

Guess it depends on shape of your body. If I lose too much weight I end up with NO BOOBS! I want to lose it off my bum & hips but thats always the last place I lose weight! Tricky.

Add me as a friend - I could use like minded people to help me on my way - and vice versa! :smile: