Starting Jillian Michaels 30DS Friday the 22nd! Who's in?

Options

Replies

• Loser79
    Loser79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I've had that video for a long time now. It's still unopened near my DVD player. Hahaha. Maybe if I join you guys, I can actually open the DVD and stick with it. =)
  • srhine3
    srhine3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just added it to my netflix list so I am hoping that I will have it by friday! If so I am in!!!
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    I've been doing it for a little over a week and I haven't gotten through it a single time! It feels crazy to say that because it's supposedly a beginner video. I've heard so many people say that it's one of the easiest ones. Basic stuff right? Jumping jacks, push ups, crunches. Only twenty minutes. Seems simple! Jillian even says during the video that she has 400 pound people who make it through the video day after day. Embarrassing!

I can run a 5K pretty easily, I swim over a mile a day, I do strength training three times a week, and so I thought it was going to be a piece of cake...but man! Somehow Jillian kicks my *kitten*! She is literally targeting every single area where I'm weak and making me push it! I always wind up getting dizzy and having to pause for a water break. Maybe this Friday I can get all the way through it and 'start' with all of you!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So glad to see there are so many people interested and willing to join! This is great!!!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Really ready for Friday to get here. Watching what I eat and riding my excercise bike just isnt enough. I know the nursing is part of my problem, but I'd feel much better knowing Jillian is kicking my butt daily as well. Thanks to everyone on here for all the support, I think it will benefit all of us. Eager to take my before and after pics and hopfully see some serious results every 10 days. Not sure if i want to take them in a sports bra or not. I should thats how id see the best progress, but really hateing my stomach after my second baby. And tips on pics??? Did you benefit from covering up in them or showing yourself all of it?
  • sarahcscott3
    sarahcscott3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will join the group! I always start it and then slack off after a few days. Let's do 30 days straight!

Now, I just need to buy a new scale to replace my old one which all of the sudden told me I weight 30 lbs less that I usually do. :laugh:
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I will join the group! I always start it and then slack off after a few days. Let's do 30 days straight!

Now, I just need to buy a new scale to replace my old one which all of the sudden told me I weight 30 lbs less that I usually do. :laugh:

I just bought one of the weight watchers scales that also calculates body fat % and tracks your progress. It's awesome!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Count me in :) I started this 2 days ago and am a bit sore. I can notice some improvements in my strength and endurance frm the first time I did it. Thanks for the open invitation. Having group support should help us push through it!
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • Amy_Do
    Amy_Do Posts: 20
    Options
    I would love to join any support is sure to help. I love that its something I can do at home with the kiddies here -
  • Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm in, i have started this before but only lasted 12 days, this time i will try and make it to the 30 days. My weight loss is really slow at the minute so hopefully this will bring it along!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If my dvd arrives by then, I'm in!! If not, I'll be a day or two behind :)
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me Katrob! I've ordered the DVD but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping that post still arrives on Saturday, in spite of Easter. I'm training for a marathon, so I've got my cardio covered, but I'm really looking for a good strength workout that I can do from home. I've heard great things about the success that people have got with 30 Day Shred. Bring it on!
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've ordered this from Amazon, so hopefully I'll be able to get started either tomorrow on Monday depending on the post! It sounds like I'll need the support!
  • MrsGaff
    MrsGaff Posts: 42
    Options
    Im up for that! I was going to start it today but doing the before pics and weighing in tomorrow sounds like it might motivate my lazy self, so I'll procrastinate and join tomorrow with you all! I'm desperately unfit but find I do better when I have accountability to others.
  • Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    So what do we do to let everyone know how its going? Ive never joined a challenge before but i'm really looking forward to this one x
  • karen415
    karen415 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am in how do we join the group! I just bought it at target yesterday for 9.00 figured what the heck!!! how do we join this group?
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    So what do we do to let everyone know how its going? Ive never joined a challenge before but i'm really looking forward to this one x

Theres really no set rules. I plan to measure and weight in friday then post my new measurments and weight every 10 days at the end of each level. If everyone wants post your info on the day you start and so on. I will post pics maybe at the 10 day marker maybe not till 30. I plan to do 30 days straight and still do other cardio as well. The measurements i plan to take and post are as follows:
    Bust-
    Upper waist- one inch above belly button
    Lower waist- one inch below belly button
    hips-
    thighs-

BUt everyone do what is comfortable with you and we can all get on here and complain or ask for support when we need it! Cant wait to see everyones results!
  • tanisha36
    tanisha36 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have started and stopped more times than I can count. Afraid of failing again...I can't seem to fit the 20 minute workout into my schedule. If I do it in the morning before work it would be 5 am. If I do it after work it would be 10pm. I CAN'T WIN!!!