Dropping pounds with inspiring pals [CLOSED GROUP]

Options

Replies

• naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    298.8 I broke the 300 mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :drinker: :bigsmile:

I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning friends! I figured I'd start my day with you all instead of fitting you in. I've added a bunch of you as friends, but if I missed you PLEASE friend me!
    So, Tuesday recipie/food...well, a friend of mine and I have been trying to find cool ways to use cauliflower - it's actually become a bit of an obsession!! :laugh: A couple of weeks ago I made cauliflower pizza....no not cauliflower ON a pizza, but the pizza crust WAS cauliflower. Here's how I did it -

1. 1 medium head of cauliflower broken into tiny, tiny pieces. This is the most difficult part of the recipe. I used a cheese grater to grate it - messy but it works. My girlfriend uses a juicer to get it all tiny - that worked best. ANYWAY - get that cauliflower into tiny pieces.

2. Heat the cauliflower in the microwave for 30 seconds and add 1 egg and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.

3. Mix together and spread over parchment paper on a baking pan. Put in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, checking to make sure it doesn't burn. IF the mixture seems a bit juicy, take a paper towel and pat some of the moisture out. Get as much as you can - that will help to make it crispy.

4. When cooked, topped with whatever toppings you want to have on it and cook again until heated through. Believe it or not, my kids couldn't tell it wasn't real pizza dough!

My friend and I made cauliflower popcorn (basically just roasted cauliflower - break up the florets into popcorn size, toss with 2tblsp of oil and seasoning. Put on parchment paper in a 400 degree oven for 60 minutes and ENJOY!) It's another one my kids devoured. We also made cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and cauliflower "potato" salad. DELICIOUS!!!

This sounds good... I'm passing it on to my mom last night, she made mashed cauliflower for herself. :smile:

Sue- CONGRATULATIONS! *does a happy dance with you*
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Congrats everyone keep up the good work!!!

I am not a good cook, so I don't have any recipes to share. I know I suck.

Sue - Congrats on breaking the 300 mark!!! So proud and happy for you!!

Christina - Hope you are having a better day today!!! And I too love your new profile pic.

Me - Well, I'm going to my free LASIK consult today and I'm super excited, but nervous too .. but it's just a consult so I'm sure it will be fine.

Oh and I'm soooo close to being under 240 .. my goal is to be 230 by May 1st, but I seriously don't think I will make that, considering there is only 4 days left in this month, but that is ok.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

WOOHOO!!! Congrats! That is awesome... all of your hard work is paying off. Keep it up, you are doing so great!

*happy dance with you* :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    MissDasha - Let us know how your consult goes. I've been wanting to have my eyes done but I'm a huge scaredy cat when it deals with lazers and my eyes, and the fact that they want you awake... freaks me out. Both my parents had their eyes done and they love it.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sue!! Congrats!!!! Wooohooo!!!

MissDasha - I just broke the 240 mark this week....for the third time this month! Every time I've tried to lose weight, I get to 240 and my body doesn't want to go any lower. So far this attempt, each time I broke it, I went back over the next week...so frustrating! I often quit at this point, but not this time!!! MFP is my tool to break though for good! I wanted to be 230 by May 5th (my hubby's b-day) but don't think I will make my goal either.

We will get there!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    @jaelwoman - Thank you so much for the cauliflower ideas! I had seen people post about the crust and had no idea how they were making it...I actually googled it and found some CRAZY complicated recipe and decided it must not be for me, yours sounds much easier! lol

@mamabear0222 - Sometimes when we're sick we just have to lay off the extra activity until we feel better so that our bodies can rest and get healthy again. Sorry to hear about the strep so close together. Hope you feel better soon!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Christina - so sorry for the crappy day yesterday. I hate when things break, and hate it even more when I get hurt! Hope your hand is feeling better today. Love your new pic by the way...kind of pouty, fit your post! lol!! :wink:

MamaBear- hope you feel better soon, don't feel guilty because you let your body rest. It's what it needs right now. Hope you feel better soon too!

My neice didn't call me back to go with me to Zumba last night, but I went anyway. Felt soooo good! Love Zumba toning, more than the regular zumba classes! Don't burn as many calories, but those muscles sure get worked!

A recipe to share: I love this!!

Kiwi Fruit Parfait
    8 oz (1 container) Low fat Vanilla Yogurt
    1 medium Kiwi Fruit, peeled and sliced
    1 biscuit of Original Shredded Wheat
    1 tsp Maple Syrup
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In a bowl or parfait dish, layer half the yogurt, shredded wheat (crumble it apart) and kiwi (reserving one slice for garnish), then the remaining yogurt. Top with maple syrup and cinnamon and last slice of kiwi. Enjoy!

I put the ingredients in the Recipe section and got the below results.

Calories:262 Carbs:59 Fat:1 Protein: 9 Sodium: 117 Iron:6

Not sure how to attach pictures, but I'll give it a try!
    http://photos4.mfpassets.com/images/recipes/543/330/recipe_543330_24670.jpg

To attach a picture just put in front of the http address and in the back. :)

recipe_543330_24670.jpg
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies, we've had a busy Tuesday morning.. My day started with a 7am conference call and has been pretty non-MFP time since...

Today, is the first day that my hubs is trying out the eating only 2000 calories a day thing....Prayers appreciated. He's watched me up the exercise, physical activity, and quit buying/cooking junk without participating, and has sorta been in denial he needs to lose any weight... Well I persuaded him to give MFP 1 week, and I am preparing all of his meals/packing his lunch etc....

I weigh everyday, only logging on Friday and Monday... Before anyone lectures me, I know I know, but I like it when the number is lower each day, and if it's higher I know I need to tighten up... WELL for the last few days my number has been all over the board. Call me crazy- But I weigh 3x in a row, and go with whichever number I get twice (maybe time for a new scale!) Monday I was up 3 lbs Today down 4.... still not back to my "unofficial " Saturday weight...

As for recipes, I totally stold this one from another board/pal... Can't remember who, so if it's yours take credit :smile:

PB Goodies
    12 foil cupcake papers
    1 container of Light Cool Whip (the small one-- 16 oz I think)
    3 tbsp Peanut Butter (can use less/more if you want-- changes calories/etc)
    2 tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Mix Cool Whip and PB together and distribute evenly into foil cups. Drizzle top with Hershey's, freeze for 1-3 hours....(I store mine in the fridge)

Nutrition info: 73 calories 4 Fat 1 Protein 6 sugar and 22 sodium

@Naesue-- AWESOME,, That is the hurdle I'm trying to climb myself!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

MSDasha-- Congrats! Happy for you too!! :)

Loving the cauliflower idea, will definitely have to try it out!

The Kiwi parfait idea snuck in while i was typing.. Can't wait to try that one too!! :)

Christina-- OUCH to the hand thing! Hope it's better in a flash... Tip for replacing those items try Craigslist, a girlfriend of mine recently bought a kitchenaide mixer for $65!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options

Woo hoo! So happy for you. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Christina-- OUCH to the hand thing! Hope it's better in a flash... Tip for replacing those items try Craigslist, a girlfriend of mine recently bought a kitchenaide mixer for $65!

ooo Thats a good deal. I'll have to look on craigslist, I never even thought about that.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Congrat's I'll dance too!!!
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies, we've had a busy Tuesday morning.. My day started with a 7am conference call and has been pretty non-MFP time since...

Today, is the first day that my hubs is trying out the eating only 2000 calories a day thing....Prayers appreciated. He's watched me up the exercise, physical activity, and quit buying/cooking junk without participating, and has sorta been in denial he needs to lose any weight... Well I persuaded him to give MFP 1 week, and I am preparing all of his meals/packing his lunch etc....

I weigh everyday, only logging on Friday and Monday... Before anyone lectures me, I know I know, but I like it when the number is lower each day, and if it's higher I know I need to tighten up... WELL for the last few days my number has been all over the board. Call me crazy- But I weigh 3x in a row, and go with whichever number I get twice (maybe time for a new scale!) Monday I was up 3 lbs Today down 4.... still not back to my "unofficial " Saturday weight...

As for recipes, I totally stold this one from another board/pal... Can't remember who, so if it's yours take credit :smile:

PB Goodies
    12 foil cupcake papers
    1 container of Light Cool Whip (the small one-- 16 oz I think)
    3 tbsp Peanut Butter (can use less/more if you want-- changes calories/etc)
    2 tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Mix Cool Whip and PB together and distribute evenly into foil cups. Drizzle top with Hershey's, freeze for 1-3 hours....(I store mine in the fridge)

Nutrition info: 73 calories 4 Fat 1 Protein 6 sugar and 22 sodium

Good luck to your husband about eating lower calories. I bet he'll grow to love MFP... I know I did. haha.

Also, those peanut butter things sound DELICIOUS. I can't wait to try them! I loooooove peanut butter.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Well, if any of you have seen my blog, then you know I tend to post recipes a lot. :blushing: Its mostly for my own benefit because I will lose the paper I wrote the recipe on, or the website etc, and then be mad when I want to make it again. My blog is like my own recipe card holder, so if I post it there i know where it is at all times :laugh:

I love making this all the time because I like spicy food, and well this isn't horrible calorie wise if I limit it, and it totally feels like a really really "bad" food. I've actually made a few different versions of it. Sometimes I'll use regular cheese, other times I'll use cream cheese.... another idea instead of wrapping with bacon you can mix bacon bits (actual bacon not the hard salad kind) into the cream cheese and cook that way...also yummy. Most of you have probably already seen me post this, but its my favorite.

They average around this for nutrition, since it can vary depending on cheese, bacon brand etc, but the highest calorie one I've ever made was only 65, lowest was 45 so still not too bad.

54 calories, 3 carbs, 1 fiber, 4 fat, 1 sugar, 3 protein and 82 sodium per Jalopeno

img1518kf.jpg

Link to my blog with the cooking directions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/NeuroticVirgo/view/54-cal-stuffed-jalopenos-wrapped-in-bacon-82311
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options

You ROCK!!! congrats!!
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

That is awesome girl... I am right there with you... I am down to 295
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well hello everyone! I'm back from my Vegas vacation and playing catch-up at home with the laundry/chores, at work, and here! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy easter!
    My name is Claudia, I'm 39 years old. I live in Southern California with my husband, 10-year old daughter and 10-year old step son. Right now I commute to/from work 120 miles a day which is about 2 hours- on a good day. Today I had an interview with a company that is only FIVE minutes from my home, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

I did pretty well with food while on vacation, except for my last two meals there, but I know sodium killed me, plus all the alcohol= YIKES! I had also given up coffee for lent and let me tell you, it was a LONG 40 days! So I splurged and had a million calorie blended mocha with whipped cream while there. Unfortuately it wasn't as good as I hoped. The hotel we stayed at changed the Starbucks they had inside to a "vegas java", a generic starbucks, and I was a little disapointed. I made up for it this morning though, and I went to starbucks and bought myself my usual iced skinny vanilla latte, only 80 cals :smile:

2 weeks before I went on vacation I weighed in at 200!!! SOOO close to ONDerland! so I'm very very afraid that the scale will move in the wrong direction. I did workout in the hotel gym and weighed myself on their scale which said I was 40lbs lighter! WOO! I wish that were true! My goal is to weigh 150, but I think my ultimate goal is 125. I'm only 5' tall, and I think 125 is at the high end of what I should weigh.
    Thank you for having me in your group, I look forward to getting to know all of you! :heart:
  • mds2372
    mds2372 Posts: 53
    Options
    So I went to an orthopedic doctor the other day to figure out some foot pain I have been having for a while and they weighed me (mid day, fully clothed with tennis shoes on) and I was up 10 lbs since last Thursday. I haven't weighed myself since, but I don't know if I can bring myself. I am so frustrated, I can't seem to lose anything and it makes staying on track difficult.

Tuesday: Just a little something I made up a little while ago.
    Stuffed Mushrooms

8 small white mushrooms
    2 cloves garlic (chopped)
    1/8 cup Italian bread crumbs
    2.5 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoon water

Turn on broiler. Mix together everything except the mushrooms, place mushrooms on baking tray. Put about 1 tsp mixture into each mushroom, spray with cooking oil and put under broiler for 5-7 minutes.

You get delicious, very satisfying stuffed mushrooms.

That probably isn't the best way to right up a recipe, but hopefully if you want to try it, it works for you.

I am still trying to keep up with this thread and I am sorry I don't know everyone's names yet and that I can't respond to everyone, but I will do my best.

@PirateJenny - thank you! I probably look silly when dancing too, but I love doing it anyway.

@NeuroticVirgo - I love your hair color! I do have a PS2 somewhere, but I dunno where, however I am far too uncoordinated for DDR (not to mention poor, lol), my friends and I used to play it and I would literally fail!

@tamanella - sorry to hear that you are in a rutt. I hope we can both get back in the groove.

@naesue - Congrats on breaking the 300 mark!!
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I am so sorry for not posting or responding the past few days!

I am at the end of an extensive research project and it is consuming most of my time. Until it ends (first week of May) I will probably be on only every few days, after that I will be a better participant!

I don't know if anyone likes jicama, but I have a very simple and refreshing salad that I eat all the time. You can substitute cucumber if you don't care for jicama. It doesn't keep very well, the jicama (or cucumber) can get rubbery from the acid in the lime juice, but it is so low calorie that a big serving is pretty guilt free.

One medium jicama peeled and cut into bite sized chunks (or whatever size you like)
    Red Bell pepper, seeded and sliced
    Fresh chopped cilantro to taste (I like a lot, but it can be overpowering)
    Finely sliced scallion to taste
    Red Pepper flake to taste
    Fresh Lime Juice (one large should be fine)
    Small pinch or sugar (or add fresh orange pieces, I use this option most of the time)
    Small pinch of salt

Refrigerate for about 1/2 to one hour. Stir to blend flavors, adjust any seasoning and enjoy!

4 servings at the highest calorie estimate for each ingredient = one serving is 98 calories, less than one gram of fat, under 150 grams of sodium and over 10 grams of fiber. If you substitute cucumber, the calorie count is far lower.
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    So, today is whining Wednesday...not sure that I really have anything to whine over - well maybe my husband but I'm tired of whining over my husband!!! LOL
    I can let out some frustrations and a bit of a confession - I'm frustrated that I can't get on board with exercising and I'm eating FAR too little. I really can't bring myself to eat much at all. Even knowing that my body will hold on to weight instead of letting it go won't make me eat. I'm not starving myself of anything, but I'm really struggling with putting food in my mouth. I would MUCH rather eat more food and exercise more, but I also can't bring myself to kick my exercise into high gear. I want to be excited about exercising, but even swimming, which I love, doesn't get me excited. I really don't like it when I am doing it but the feeling after I accomplish it is amazing! I love that - but even that's not enough to kick me....
    So, hows that for a whine??!?!