The 17 Day Diet

Replies

• rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    I'm eating red seedless grapes, apples, oranges, pears and grapefruit
  • May I ask which fruits your eating every day? just wondering which were best?

Strawberries! They're at every roadside stand here and so dang delicious! Had red grapes last week too (well, & kiwi & honeydew as I was finishing up what was in the fridge but...) Did I mention I really :heart: strawberries! Enjoy!
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    sounds good, thanks! Thinking about giving this a try, i know i watched it initially on the doctors, wished i would have saved that show.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    I am on the 17 day diet and I love it. I have lost 9 pounds so far and I am on day 8. Im not going to lie it was hard the first few days but I really like this diet.

Great job! Congrats!
    Nice to have you with us!
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • bluespring
    sounds good, thanks! Thinking about giving this a try, i know i watched it initially on the doctors, wished i would have saved that show.

Hi ya.
    Dr. Mike is on The Doctor's all the time.
    You can also go to The Doctors tv show site. They have a lot of info there too.
    Come join us when you're ready!
    You know where we are!
    Good luck!
  • bluespring
    I'm on day 13 of the 17-Day diet Accelerate phase. I'm tagging along in this forum to compare results with the rest of you.

My first week was great -- not hungry, good weight loss -- enough to keep me motivated.

My second week was challenged by spring break and travel to Florida with my kids. Still, I did not cheat. I managed to fit in all of what I needed and eat little that I shouldn't.

For those of you with the migraines: Drink more water. You may be experiencing a detox symptom. Plus, you may be suffering some caffeine withdrawal if you are accustomed to having coffee or caffeinated soda several times per day. Migraines are a classic symptom of chemical withdrawal. It could even be related to formerly-favorite foods that are no longer allowed.

Good luck to everyone following the methodology of the 17-Day Diet. I personally am not using the recipes in the book, but have created my own plan from the criteria he provides (I have little time to cook for myself, and I typically do not like other people's recipes).

So nice of Dr. Mike to teach us a better way,

Awesome!
    Keep us posted on your results!
    Good luck!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Bump for later.
  • mmnichol
    I see the fruit list includes grapes and prunes. Do you think a small amount of raisins ( 1/2 of 1/4 cup) would be ok in my yogurt? Think I'm going to initiate this plan, I would like to lose 8 lbs by end of June.
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    I am on day 8 of cycle 2, and I have stopped loosing, I'm not really gaining either, I'm just teetering at the same weight, did I plateau? I am wondering if anyone that has been, or is on cycle 2 could give me some advice. I am going to stick it out till the end of this cycle, and if i don't go back to loosing weight, I think I'll start at cycle 1 again!!

I am so close, only 8 lbs to go!!!!!!!
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Day 12 is here of c1..... moving right along, can't drink all my water until we get back to ILL, as I don't want to have to go in the airport or the plane, so I will not drink as much today...packed my dinner, had to make a bagel think sandwich with turkey on it, not suppose to eat carbs, had no choice, couln't think of anything else to bring with me...bringing some carrots tho...
    have a good day... hope I don't retain too much water...
    Natalie
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Day 12 is here of c1..... moving right along, can't drink all my water until we get back to ILL, as I don't want to have to go in the airport or the plane, so I will not drink as much today...packed my dinner, had to make a bagel think sandwich with turkey on it, not suppose to eat carbs, had no choice, couln't think of anything else to bring with me...bringing some carrots tho...
    have a good day... hope I don't retain too much water...
    Natalie

Natalie, I made a bunch of lettuce wraps one day using turkey and tomato. Just wrapped it up in big lettuce leaves and chowed down. I probably had 8 of them and the lettuce has 15 calories vs. a bagel which has ???? plus the carbs. Just a thought for next time. They were pretty yummy!
  • jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    Hello Everyone! I am going to start on the 17 Day Diet later this week and had a question. Are you allowed to have deli meat? The book didn't really specify as far as I could see. I love Boars Head reduced sodium turkey and it makes a quick salad/meal so much easier.
  • rachel_can
    rachel_can Posts: 10 Member
    This diet sounds very intriguing. I am going away on vacation in June and I want to be at my goal before then so I can just maintain while I'm there. (Going to England and expecting to be challenged with the food available...please bust this myth if possible!!)

I am seriously considering starting this..the success stories are quite convincing..
  • mmnichol
    Was wondering is anyone interested, who's been following this for awhile, who would mind opening their food diary to give some menu ideas, no criticism allowed of course!
  • I wish you girls that are losing weight would open up your diarys so we can see them.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    I wish you girls that are losing weight would open up your diarys so we can see them.

I just opened mine - have a look if you like :)
  • For everyone who hates green tea...

I FOUND THE MOST AMAZING GREEN TEA EVER!! It tastes awesome, like juice!
    Found in the tea bag section at your grocery store..."Good Earth" Green Tea with Pomegranite and Cherry. I personally like iced tea better than hot tea...so I boil 5 cups of water...pour over 5 tea bags...steep for 10 minutes and then add 2 cups of cold water and store it in a pitcher in the fridge :D One glass + one packet of truvia = AWESOME!!

Try it!! You''ll love it.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I am also considering this.

I don't COMPLETELY hate green tea, but I love oolong - would it be so bad to substitute oolong? (For those unaware, green teas have no/little oxidation, black teas are mostly/fully oxidated, and oolong teas are in the middle.)

Also, are there any cheese-lovers doing this? How are doing without cheese? Do you get to add it back in later, like the carbs?

Thanks, everyone! :)
  • I see the fruit list includes grapes and prunes. Do you think a small amount of raisins ( 1/2 of 1/4 cup) would be ok in my yogurt? Think I'm going to initiate this plan, I would like to lose 8 lbs by end of June.

Thought I remembered reading something about how dried fruit has the sugars concentrated... (taking fish oil-supposed to help the brain :)) Don't really see how 1/8 of a cup would really through the whole diet off though. Maybe try it for a week? It is all about messing up your metabolism the first 17 days though. So that might have something to do with avoiding the dried fruit. I don't remember seeing prunes though. I'll post more after I consult the book
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    I am also considering this.

I don't COMPLETELY hate green tea, but I love oolong - would it be so bad to substitute oolong? (For those unaware, green teas have no/little oxidation, black teas are mostly/fully oxidated, and oolong teas are in the middle.)

Also, are there any cheese-lovers doing this? How are doing without cheese? Do you get to add it back in later, like the carbs?

Thanks, everyone! :)

I don't even drink the green tea most of the time, or take green tea pills. I did have a cup and a half today though. I'm still losing weight without drinking it as prescribed in the book.
This discussion has been closed.