C25K & C210K support group...

Options

Replies

• butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hi at the moment I'm on week 4 on C25K, up until this week i've been doing well and have liked my progress and really enjoyed it but week 4 is sooo hard. I'm on day 3 now and each time i've really struggled and had to push myself so much to finish each 5 minute jog to the point of feeling a bit sick, i'm dreading week 5. It feels like i'm not improving anymore. Did anyone else feel like this on week 4 and when will the 5 minute jogs get easier. Also should i go onto week 5 which will be in a couple of days or repeat week 4?

I did day two of Week 4 today. I did ok until the last 5 minutes. I really thought I was going to give up but I managed to finish. Week 4 is hard. Instead of doing one more day of week 4 and moving to week 5, I think I am going to keep repeating Week 4 until I feel ok with that last 5 minute run.

I finished Week 4 on Sat. I had more trouble all week on the first 5 minutes. I'm not sure why but maybe it was just mental. By the 2nd 5 minutes, i would just be excited to finish. I'm going to try week 5, but i will not hesitate to move back to 4 if necessary.

I'm also thinking of switching to the Cto10k if i finish Week5. The main reason for me is that the longer the runs get the more my knees hurt. (outside-road). The longer workout is also a draw. But I really really want to complete that 20 minute continuous run first :noway:
  • Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Starting today with C25K iphone app. Wish me luck. I have never been a runner but am going to be.
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Started the C25K this morning...........my first attempt ever to run............
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is hard. Instead of doing one more day of week 4 and moving to week 5, I think I am going to keep repeating Week 4 until I feel ok with that last 5 minute run.

Nothing wrong with that! Took me 12 weeks to complete, and another 2 before I was running for the full 5K distance.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Day 1 of each week for 20 minutes, like the program says, then on Day 2 & 3, I try to go for 30 minutes. THEN, if I can, I try to get in a 4th day for 20 minutes. I feel like I need more time with each level. So far, it has made advancing to the next level a 'little' easier...
  • adnama36
    adnama36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did W5R3 today. Between fighting a bit of a head cold, and the fact that the weather is much warmer today than I'm used to running in, I had a tough time with it. I did manage to run most of the 20 minutes, but I did take a couple of 1-minute walk breaks. I'm planning to repeat this run again in a few days, and see if things go any better!
  • msuzie
    msuzie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! I finished c25k the first time in October, then stopped running altogether for several months. I started over again a few weeks ago and finished w6d1 on Saturday. This time I'm running slightly faster (4.5 instead of 4.0) which is still slow, but I'm building up my endurance first, then I'll work on my speed. I've just been using the treadmill so far this time, although I ran about half of it outside last time. There are advantages and disadvantages to both - I really felt like running on a treadmill was harder last time, but we'll see how I feel once the weather settles down and I can get outside this spring. I watch movies and watch my time instead of using an app while I'm on the treadmill. I haven't signed up for a race yet. I feel like that would be good motivation to speed up, but I'm kind of a wimp about it. Anyone else have a race planned?
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am on to week two :P I was worried about it but it was ok, actually I lowered my pace to 5.5 because I was so worried... but I am going to pick up the pace again starting today.

Have a great week everyone!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    UGH! I'm having a huge mental block on getting through week 6 (of c210k) - run 3:00 walk 2:00 X 13. I did great last week - it seems silly that adding 30 seconds to running (and taking away 30 secs from walking) would make it that much harder, but I'm REALLY struggling. *pffffffttttt*

I'm not quitting, just venting. ARGH!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    C25K W1 D3 1.74 miles done got in 3.5 miles today, on treadmill. staying home with sick kid makes time for a hard workout.
  • klasicm
    klasicm Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm on W6 of the 5K program. Can't wait to move onto the 10K program
  • adnama36
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm super excited right now, and I just wanted to share...I just registered to run in my first 5k on June 19th!! I have so much work to do before then...but I can't wait! :bigsmile:
  • adnama36
    Options
    UGH! I'm having a huge mental block on getting through week 6 (of c210k) - run 3:00 walk 2:00 X 13. I did great last week - it seems silly that adding 30 seconds to running (and taking away 30 secs from walking) would make it that much harder, but I'm REALLY struggling. *pffffffttttt*

Hang in there...we're all rooting for you!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options

So much of this is mental. A lot of times what helped me to get through my runs, is knowing that I had people to come here and share with.

Keep at it, you're doing great!
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am just beginning. I started c25k on monday and will be doing day 2 tomorrow *wednesday*. I am very very sore, so I guess I will have to work through the pain.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am just beginning. I started c25k on monday and will be doing day 2 tomorrow *wednesday*. I am very very sore, so I guess I will have to work through the pain.

Don't worry - that's par for the course. I walked like an old lady for the first month! :laugh: It gets better as your body adjusts! Hang in there!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    So I got the week 2 day 2 done yesterday and I bumped the speed up to 5.7 and I found it a good bit harder. I increased the speed of the last run to 6 but I couldn't do it all the way through... had to lower it to 5.7 again. I completed 2.5 miles last night during the 30 minutes so I was overall pleased to have increased my distance travelled.

I am a little freaked out about next week's run... will I be able to run for 3 minutes???? I guess that I will have to push start to find out :P
  • Kellikat80
    Options
    Starting today with C25K iphone app. Wish me luck. I have never been a runner but am going to be.

Awesome! Good luck!!!
  • Kellikat80
    Options
    Started the C25K this morning...........my first attempt ever to run............

You will do great! I'm in the same boat. Good luck!
  • Kellikat80
    Options
    Ok, now today is w1 d2, and it is harder with sore legs. I can barely go up and down my stairs, lol. Running outside is so different than using my elliptical. I could go for 45 min and still not be this sore. I heard its because of the impact of my body hitting the pavement and on the elliptical its just smooth movements. I don't know, but its tough and I will go again on fri. Good luck to everyone, and congrats to the people who have already made it.