200+ Pushin' For Less Cushion!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Here's the chart for this past week:

Name / Starting Challenge Weight / Last Week's Weight / This week's weight (difference)

Kristina / 178.4 / 178.0 / 176.0 (-2.0)
    Victoria / 191.75 / 187.75 / 187.75 (0)
    Kendal / 216.2 / PASS / PASS
    Lacey / 208.4 / 205.6 / PASS
    Amy / 203 / 201.2 / 201.2 (0)
    Sarah / 229 / 223.2 / 221 (-2.2)
    Amber / 238 / ? / ?
    Noelle / 201 / 199 / 198 (-1.0)
    Andrea / 252.2 / 255 / 255 (0)
    Kerry / 212.2 / 204.9 / 200.3 (-4.6)
    Hailie / 261 / 261.5 / 261.5 (0)
    Eunice / 200 / ? / ?
    Angela / 305 / 296 / PASS
    Annette / 189 / 185 / PASS
    Yocum / 239.6 / 236.6 / 234.8 (-1.8)
    Ronnie / 231 / 217 / 215 (-2.0)
    Crystal / 243 / 235 / 232 (-3.0)
    Eve / 219 / 219 / ?

Lots of passes this week, but not surprising, as it was a holiday weekend. Let's get back in the zone ladies!

This week's winner? KERRY! With a massive 4.6 pound loss, and even more so, she's only 0.3 pounds away from ONEderland! *twirls*

Great job everyone!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    So, I might have had a nacho incident last night, which led me to skip the scale this morning, but I need to face the music tomorrow. Weather is looking crappy outside which does not bode well for my 6m run, because I don't do rain, but then again, I also don't do the treadmill, so this is a problem. If I don't run today, I need to do an INSANITY workout or something, cause my booty needs to move. Food should be okay today though I think. I do need to go grocery shopping, as my fridge is looking prety bare and when I don't have stuff around the house I'm more likely to go out and get food that I don't need.

Thanks for all your continued advice on the dating front. I just am so rusty... I don't know what the hell I'm doing. How long were y'all talking to guys before you went out on a date with them? I chatted with someone last night, who I was sort of underwhelmed by. Another guy I've been messaging who has some possibilities, so we'll see with him. And I've been talking to this other guy for the past 4 days or so (once/day). I'm not really feeling a "spark", but we do have a fair bit in common, and in his last message he asked me out for coffee/drink, which I was more excited about the fact that someone "asked me out" than that it was him. *shrug* I don't know. Pros: lives in Ann Arbor like myself, good job- he's a doctor, yo! Cons: not feeling a super romantic spark there in our conversations, and he's a bit older than I really was interested in. I'm 29, so I was sort of gunning for a +/- 5 year range, and he's 37, so I don't know. What do you gals think? I'm lost! haha.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Kerry, fighting is part of it all, and it's not that couples shouldn't fight, but it's how you handle them that makes all the difference. Hope things work out!

Kristina-Linkin Park is one of the many groups I like. My hubby & I both have such a wide & varied music taste that eclectic doesn't do it justice! Though he has gotten me to listen to some stuff that I normally wouldn't & vice versa, so sometimes music differences can be "exciting" and a learning experience.

Amy-if you figure out the sodium thing, let me know! Yes, I have to take my lunch to work a lot, and I'm doing some careful shopping for lower sodium stuff, but unless I just eat all fruit & veggies (which puts me WAY under my calories), I can't figure it out either!

Victoria-food definitely is the way to get men moving! LOL! And glad you mentioned the thread creating a part 2...I'm too new to know that! Thanks!

Crystal-hope that baby's getting better!

Sarah-pics are awesome! *hugs*

Thanks for the support on the weather & flooding fun! It's still not over yet! Rained last night & more is on the way! *sigh* At least 2 more days of it. :grumble:
    And my brother keeps going with the texting & complaining! I feel bad to say that I'm happy he has a Dr's appt tomorrow, and that my parents are going to talk to the Dr about getting him on disability. I know in my brain that depression can be that bad, esp when combined with bi-polar & such, but I have a hard time getting around it some days, esp when all he does is text me to call the girl that dumped him. Sorry, it's a bit stressful. :explode:
    Combined with Melodie woke up at 130 this morning & got sick all over the pack-n-play at mom's. And my mom doesn't have a washer/dryer in her apt, so my hubby gets to take it all to the laundry mat. Thank goodness he has some weekdays off! I guess it works since we all only have one more day's worth of clean clothes anyway. :happy: Plus my 6yr old had an accident in mom's bed, so add that to the laundry list. And yesterday the car died, but thankfully, it was the gas gauge going wonky & putting gas in it fixed it, but it was pouring down rain when it all happend, with some nice lightening too! Blah! :yawn:
    But on a good note, even going to Red Lobster, I managed to stay under my calories! I only ate half of my shrimp (the rest is my supper tonite) and they goofed up my order & gave me potatoe fries instead of broccoli, but since my son ordered fresh fruit & didn't want oranges, we traded, so it was all good for my calories! :drinker: OK, now I'm just rambling to avoid work! Sorry! :bigsmile:
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ya'll. I'm back! Thank you all so much for the kind words and sorry I was so funktified yesterday. Chris and I have talked through everything and moved on to the "making up" stage.... my favorite stage of a fight. :blushing: Some of our closest friends are the type of people who fight pretty regularly, but they're really good at it- listen to each other, see the others side, don't say terrible and mean things to the other person, etc. Chris and I, not so much. We get there eventually, but at first it is UGLY. So I'm happy to say its over, we're better, I feel better. Phew.

Karen, I can't believe all the crazy weather you have been dealing with... sounds pretty stressful, especially since you're not even in your own home to be able to deal with everything.

Kristina, every single one of your posts since you have ventured into online dating has cracked me up. I think it is awesome that you are doing it, and I think you just gotta go with it, and be as selfish and as picky as you want. You literally have a sea of men at your disposal right now. I TOTALLY think you should meet the Dr. for coffee. What if you meet him in person and that spark you're looking for just shows up? You gotta at least try it.

Amy, I seriously have no idea how you are going to keep sodium in check. You do so well with pretty much clean eating, and at that many calories, sodium is gonna come into play no matter what. I haven't looked at your food diary lately, so I don't know where your sodium # is at... are you just over 2500 or is it like 3500? I think if you can keep it under 3000 and then just up your water intake, you'll probably be just fine. Plus at least you know you're not eating anything with salt thrown in just to make it taste better. Its all coming naturally. That's gotta be a good thing.

Victoria, I am super excited for you that the kitties are coming around and hanging out and playing. So fun. And I agree,
    food is an all powerful God when it comes to men. It comes in handy.

Sarah, I posted on the progress post you put up, but I just wanted to say again that you look awesome and are doing awesome! Well done!!!

Crystal, I think having some sort of goal really has helped with weekend laziness for me. I REALLY want to make it through P90X without missing a day. I know so many people who started and didn't finish. So when Saturday morning rolls around and I'm inevitably a little hungover, I still manage to get my bootie out of bed and put in that hour or so of working out. Now if I could just teach myself some control over beer and food on a Friday or Saturday night, I'd be all set. We all have our struggles, right? :tongue:

Today was day 1 of month 2 of P90X, so I got to do chest/shoulders/tris/ab ripper x. CLAP PUSHUPS! ONE HANDED PUSHUPS! Yeah, I might still be on my knees, but I'm totally doing them. One day, I will not have such a giant butt and I will do all of these moves on my toes. And it will be epic. In the meantime, I was still really proud of myself. Its super rainy out here so no cardio this morning, plus I slept for about an hour longer than I normally do. It felt awesome.

My parents are coming into town this weekend, which is awesome because: 1. I love my parents. They are some of my best friends. 2. That means I will get taken out to a fancy birthday dinner. 3. Usually I get my fridge stocked by them, which it is in desparate need of.

Alright, off to do some work... ... ...
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Kristina-I think we posted together there, so YES, go for it! Kerry's right, you may find that spark in person that you can't get from a message! And age difference can be good! One of the most fun times I had dating was with a guy 13 yrs my senior. Granted, this was prior hubby, but it was still FUN! Even if he's not "the one" he could be a lot of fun to go hang out with, and you may at least find a friend!

Kerry-AWESOME on the pushups! I am seriously thinking about going that route...but I keep putting off anything more serious than Zumba til I hit Onederland I think. My joints just don't like it! Not that Zumba doesn't have me sweating w/out being totally out of breath, but still! :o)

And on a GOOD note! Bank counter offered on house...and we're going for it! So once all of the water is gone, I might be fixing up & moving into a house ON A HILL!! Woo hoo! No more island home part of the year! LOL!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kristina - girl boner, lmfao! My advice to you is to go have coffee dude if you are on the fence about him! Its only coffee..half an hour of your life. At the worst the guy is a total douche and you get to walk away knowing you got free coffee (he'd better pay) and you killed some time, which should by rights make you feel all sorts of awesomesness about yourself because you know you are WAY too good for the guy. It would me. I can admit it. Now I'm not saying all of this and telling you to go uot to be mean to anybody to feel good, even though it kindof sounds like it. I'm saying go have fun. You have to kiss some frogs and all that.
    At best, well think of the possibilties half an hour in a cofee shop holds. There are millions.
    Honestly I don't know how much of a romantical spark you are going to get from IMing someone. Have you talked to any of them on the phone yet? People can be anybody they want to be on the IM...you have to talk to them and see them to really figure them out. As far as when to go...well I think its when you feel comfortable meeting them.

I'll jump back on here in a bit to reply to everyone else....I have a conference call. Sigh.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Kristina- I typically try to enforce a 1-2 week rule in regards to meeting guys online. If I still have a raging girlboner (LMAO!!) by then, then I'm totally excited to meet him. A lot of times conversations fizzle out quickly so I think the 1-2 week rule filters those guys out. If he's in to me, he'll respect my time frame. And as far as the music thing goes, as long as he's not a weird obsessive fan of LP or any other band you can't stand, then I say you should still consider him.

Karen- congrats on the house!!!!! :bigsmile:

Kerry- you've become my motivation for no more excuses! You are kicking p90x @$$! (dang, this noob is totally showing me up! :wink: )

Victoria- I think its about food and sex for men lol

Sarah- you are doing so freaking great!

And now its time for a segment I like to call "The Brutally Honest Truth:"

I really need to clean up my eating. I'm back to the mindset I was before I started losing weight. I tell myself I'm eating "good enough" and should be losing weight but in reality, I'm eating crappy, low quality cals and processed foods.

The problem is I have no clue where to start. Replace a meal with only fruits/veggies? I don't want to be that girl who only eats salads but that feels like the only thing I can do and do right. Can yall suggest some books/cookbooks/recipes for me?

I've become reliant on lean cuisines, smart ones and bowl appetites for lunch and even though the cals are low, I know its really not all that awesome for my body.

This weight range (215-220) is where I was for YEARS before I got married (so from when I was 17-25ish) and then ballooned up to 260 so I'm wondering if my body is just comfortable at this size and thinking this is where it wants to stay. And then I wonder if thats a cop out for not losing. D@mmit! I want to lose again!

UGH. FRUSTRATED.
  • Yocum1219
    Options
    Kendall, I have that issue too! I'm trying to take my lunch to work, and "meals" are about it. I'm trying to mix it up with soups, but it's hard to find stuff I like, and keep sodium from being outrageous (as that makes me swell a bit, thus weigh more!). And I'm really picky, so I'm down to smart ones & progresso soup for most of my meals! I read what nutrition stuff I can find in Prevention Magazine & Women's Health. Their websites have a lot of the info if you don't want a subscription.

A year or two ago, I had tried the South Beach diet. I have the cookbook & everything. A lot of their recipes are pretty awesome, and easy to make. Just depends on your grocery budget, as it made mine go up quite a bit, b/c it wasn't stuff my kids really were into, so I fixed them other meals, while hubby & I ate the good stuff. :o) I lost 15 lbs, but I found out I was pregnant with my Mellie, so we started saving money where we could...and back to the crappy food I went! But the recipes are worth it!

This is easier than a new post, as nobody has posted after me in the past 20 minutes. My county is a state of emergency & giving out sandbags! Woo hoo! River is 5 ft above flood stage & expected to rise another 2 feet! My house is up enough that if it goes up pretty bad it shouldn't get in & ruin my stuff! :-P
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A quick share.. just came across a post on milk substitutes that is very informative... so thought to share:)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/226149-sour-on-milk-5-healthy-dairy-substitutes-by-jeanine-natale?page=1#posts-2988042

Hope you are all doing well.. will catch up with you soon:)
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Decided to change my weigh in from monday mornings to Sunday morning:) 1 lb loss... current weight 180.4 lbs

HAPPY EASTER ALL:heart:

Suzie

Kristina... I think you completely dropped me from the weigh ins!!!! I am sure it was just a slip.. but I reported my weigh in on Sunday instead of Monday. The thread is moving too fast.. so no sweat. :)

Suzie
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kendal - try www.foodgawker.com. It may seem like the recipes posted on there are too much for you to handle if you don't cook much, but the nice thing is many of the blogs do nearly photo by photo of how to cook/bake whatever it is. At the very least it is sure to inspire you. I have an issue with cookbooks because if each recipe doesn't have a photo I don't go for it...so I can't help with that. Except the weight watchers recipe books are great actually...super simple recipes, fairly tasty and generally super easy. Try those too?

Goodness Karen! I can't even imagine living in a place with weather like that! I guess I should be thankful the only thing we get here is eternal rain..
  • MissWoods81
    Options
    I'm soooo proud of myself I am officially lost 16lbs since my physical last month. Never thought I would lose weight now I don't want to stop. Heading to the Y in the next hour to push myself a little more!!!!\
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Holiday?! Tell me about it! Mine was sort of sad, first time being away from friends and family during this holiday since the move from west coast to east coast...and Easter is the one day that my family really goes all out, I'm talking huge extravaganza full of bbq lunch picnics with scheduled games with prizes for the winners..oh ya and my Tio (uncle) Larry makes his golden egg for the kids during the egg hunt filled with the infamous 20 dollar bill and after all of that..a huge ham and turkey feast for dinner....
    I MISSED ITTTTT.

As for me, it totally had a huge wake up call today as I stepped on the scale and saw it reading 259!!! I am a total yo yo dieter...I need to break out of this cycle and stay on track for more than 3 months at a timeeeee. I honestly can't allow myself to be sad about this because...well...IT'S MY FAULT...I wanted to be at 30 pounds lost by my birthday which is June 9, not there but happy I have at least lost. I can turn this around.

My bf and I decided that we want to adopt a dog, we have been thinking about it for the past 2 years and feel that we are ready. I am sooooo excited! We wont be able to start looking until around my birthday but it is cool to have something like that to look forward too, so right now I am doing all the research I can to get myself ready. Are any of you dog owners? Any words of advice?

Andrea
  • akasullengal
    Options

Kristina... I think you completely dropped me from the weigh ins!!!! I am sure it was just a slip.. but I reported my weigh in on Sunday instead of Monday. The thread is moving too fast.. so no sweat. :)

Suzie
    EEEP! I'm SO sorry. I definitely have your weight on my spreadsheet. Instead of cut/pasting it like I sometimes do, I was just typing it in and missed your row. I would never forget you hun! *mwah*

Andrea- I adopted a dog in January. I had been thinking about it for a long time, and adopted Emma from the humane society. Think about how much time you'll have for the dog and what sort you'd like (size, energy level, etc.). Then, even with all the research you do, you still just need to meet some dogs and see what you click with. Think about obedience classes, if your'e going to crate train, etc. Just some initial thoughts.

Kendal- if I don't cook, I get lazy and take lean cuisines and stuff to work as well.They are good in an emergency, or maybe 1-2x week, but shouldn't be the rule.... should be the exception. I look to find recipes that I make over the weekend, so I can have them either for lunch or dinner. Also make large portions, so I can freeze some in individual servings, so I always have some stuff in my freezer that I can grab if I don't make anything one week.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to do the thing where I cook on Saturday or Sunday and then eat leftovers all week or freeze it for later. What else do I have to do on the weekends? Not much!! Also, I thought about finally reading the nutritional info that came with p90x, but like I said....I THOUGHT about it and thats about as far as I've gone lol

I'm taking a page out of Kristina and Amy's book and am going to do a double workout tonight. I took lexi to the park and we went 2 miles. Its just about 8pm so I'm going to pull out my p90x too, it's cardioX night. I'm hoping I can keep this up for a couple months. I really haven't been pushing myself and I know I can do more than what I've been doing.
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't started with everyone else but my starting weight last Tuesday was 235 and my weigh in today was 230!!!! My weigh ins with my consultant are on Tuesdays so that's the only time I can give you my weight.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    my legs are jelly. I'm not sure I can stand long enough for a shower tonight. lol
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Pushin for less Cushion woooo!!! This challenge ends May 8th..42 days.

Goals:
    1. Log all food and be a bit lofty with cals so I don't underestimate.
    2. Get in 63 miles of cardio...treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc. That works out to 1.5 miles per day.
    3. Get minimum 500 calorie deficit overall per day.
    4. Lose 1 lbs per week.

sweet.. i may need a reminder that the new challenge starts May 9th.. i plan on starting that week for summer since ill be done with finals that week!!
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!!!!! long time no chat lol

well my finals are the week of May 9th... and that week will start my no pop again and almost no fast food.. unless i can get a salad or something.. going to school has really done a number on my work out routine.. i know i could suck it up and still go .. but i would be really tired plus have homework to do when im tired. etc.. and take care of my family.. so i have put it on the back burner for a bit.. and im super excited.. my work out lady is doing insanity.... so thats what ill be walking into when i get back lol

i hope every one had a wonderful easter!! we did.. the kids did an egg hunt.. and we had a wonderful mean and time with family

i saw on here where someone is running a 5k i believe in Evansville IN.... i am from around that area!!! i miss home sometimes.. so say hello to SW Indiana for me :)

hello to any new people ... and hello to all the "veterns"

oh something wonderful happened the other day.. i was giving blood for the red cross.. and i was asked my age.. well i just turned 30 this month... and i had several people say that i dont look 30 .. they even said early 20s.. i was like uh Really?! how wonderful.. so this getting healthy is really paying off.. i hope to look 10 yrs younger in mt 40s-50s-60s etc..

i posted this on the old thread.. man you can tell i havent been checking in for a while lol