200+ Pushin' For Less Cushion!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Monday check-in cal burned is off since the Bugg ran out of Juice partway though the day (*sighs*)... I registered 2229 burned and it spent at least an hour off me charging in the evening. Consumed 2627... I had another lazy day with no formal exercise...I think I'm still recovering from the 10 mile run. I will do something today....
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Not only am I lazy (still in bed messing with iPhone) but a just bought a "Little Black Dress" in size L.. Fitting into it is my next goal. Then DH will have to take me out for a night on the town. I'm a little freaked since it appears the dress most be worn sans brazeer. I haven't tried my strapless bras on since I started this journey. I can't wait for it to get here.

Fitted Ruched Sexy Black Strapless Evening Mini Dress on Amazon if you want to check it out. I'll let you know how it fits next week and what my plan is to get into it.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Turns out my mower isn't broken, it just had bad gas in it and that's why I could hardly ever get it to start and stay on! I had to put new gas in it yesterday and it worked like it was brand new! I WAS SO EXCITED!!!! It was the first time mowing the yard all year and I swear, I could sell Lexi's poop as some kind of super fertilizer cause that section of the yard was so tall and thick.

On top of mowing the yard, I also did my P90X Core last night. I did everything except the sphenix and prison cell push ups. I also have problems trying to do the side hip raise cause I can't figure out how to position my feet/knees to keep my legs straight. I work out barefoot so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Stats for Monday: 2853 calories burned/ 1811 calories eaten/ 1042 deficit.

Victoria: I checked out your dress on Amazon - Va, Va, VOOM!! Nice! You could probably wear a strapless bra with it if you aren't comfortable with free-balling.

Annette: I like your pic.

Ronnie: I like that you give us some Welsh in your posts!

Suzie: I think upping your calories is probably a good idea.

Lacey: That recipe looked delicious. I hope your shins feel better.

Angela: I joined MFP in February of 2010 (I started at 240 pounds) but I didn't really start "trying" until I moved here to Germany in April 2010. I've lost 39 pounds in about a year. I realize that is a pretty slow pace but I've gone from a size 18/20 and XXL to 14 and L. I feel pretty close to halfway there and I can "see" myself meeting my goal by the end of the year.

Andrea: I love hiking. I hope you can do more of it.

Kristina: I'm glad your promotion finally went through. That's a HUGE pay bump!!

Kerry: AWESOME loss this week!! You are rocking it!

I ordered Insanity Asylum today!! I've got a month left on this second round of Insanity before I can start it but I'm pretty psyched. It looks crazy-hard! (I DO realize that it's sick that I look forward to workouts based on how difficult they appear) Have a great day ladies!
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Crystal: Being open and honest is so couragous, and such a huge step in itself. Just use the crappy situation and turn all effort and energy in to pushing forward and stcking it to him :smile: and now i read about the personal trainer so you're well on youre way!

Ronnie - HAHA, I think you can read minds. :P Obviously, I started this and wanted to reach my goals before this happened, but it definitely adds motivation to see him in a few months and flaunt it! (He has no visitation/custody rights so I can see him whenever I choose, which right now would be not at all, lol. Which gives me time to work this off!) I'm stoked for this personal trainer. I also found out last night that my brother's personal trainer is willing to do "under the table" work so when my paid 12 sessions are up I can go to him for $20 a session if I need an extra oomph. :smile:

I'm also trying new things and putting myself out there more. It's a great start to figuring out "me" given I've spent the last year or so in a confused state of depression feeling like I don't know who I am. I'm excited for this new chapter in my life.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow on the weight loss! Great job everyone! I feel as if I might have hit a sore spot, but then again, it's only the first week of no weight change, so could just be I had a good run! Though that did motivate me to exercise last night! And, as I figured, being back at work, the snacking has begun, but I kept it to a reasonable amount & I stayed under my calories, but didn't have to struggle to get enough in to make up for my exercising either! Thanks again to everybody for your wonderful advice!

Angela-I just joined MFP at the end of March, but I started my journey on March 1st! My starting weight was 259.4 and I'm down to 239.6. Just watching the calories & making healthier choices!

I've never been able to lose weight! If I have, it's been 5-10 lbs, then right back on it goes! I'm excited & motivated! My goal is 200, then to start C25K! I have bad knees & ankles, so I want some of the stress off of them first. My over all goal is 170. For someone 5'6" that still seems overweight, but I was a size 12 at that weight at 19, and I think that's pretty healthy.

6157482.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I started MFP in October 2009 at 260. I'm now 216. I started by working out 30 min on the elliptical on my lunch break. Eventually that wasn't enough so I started going to the gym after work and working out for an hour. Then I added zumba once a week (thats as much as my gym offered it in the evening). I did that for a LONG time. I've attempted c25k, but hate treadmills so its hard for me to pace myself. I can't ever seem to get past week 3 without major knee pain. Now I'm slowly working on P90X. I haven't been super strict on myself on holding to the schedule. I've skipped weeks but I'm still getting nice results. In the first "month" I lost 1.5" from my waist and hips (and from other places as well, but those were my biggest numbers). I was super excited about that since I only lost 1 pound.

The key for me was to externalize the weight loss. I will still be *ME* no matter what size my body is. I need to find the right fuel for my body to carry *ME* around so that I can physically do all the things I want to do without limitations or modifications.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Back to posting my numbers!
    1434 eaten / 155 exercise calories / 79 OVER

Okay, not the best way to start, but I wasn't over by a lot, and it's a decent start to hopping back on the bandwagon. I didn't end up INSANITY-ing it yesterday. I had a mondo headache the afternoon through the evening. I think it was cause I was staring at a computer screen all day working on budgets perhaps. *shrugs* I did get out a nice long walk with Emma though. I didn't eat poorly-- just ended up being more calories than I thought. Hrm.

Faced the music and stepped on the scale this morning: 180.0. Ouch. Granted, at least a pound of it is TOM weight, but it's still a wake-up call of what not being super diligent about exercise and calories will do to you. Back to it! I want a see a 170something on the scale tomorrow morning and not see a 180 again. Small setback, but

Plan for today: 4 mile run, insanity dvd, eating should be on point. I've got some leftover red lentil thai chili I made and had frozen and got ingredients to make a red curry dish from the same site, which I will probably make tomorrow. Work shouldn't be TOO horrid today. I'm pretty well caught up on things (*knocks on wood*), but now I'm waiting on a response from a person for something that needs to be done pretty much asap, and I HATE waiting on other's responses, because it puts me behind and makes me look bad.

Amy- once you get INSANITY asylum, let me know how it is. I might "graduate" to it after I finish this round of the regular one.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Well I've been in this group for over a year now I think? And have lost nothing..but its my own fault. I talk the talk but don't walk the walk. If I have learned anything in the past year it is truly about consistency and not giving up or giving in when life gets in the way. This year I feel has been a little different for me. I've had to take a hard look at myself and say step up or give it up and live to be happy how you are, and I don't want that. While I've not lost much weight my body shape has changed and I've slimmed down almost two sizes because while I let Life get in the way a few times, I didn't let it go on for than a few weeks. Also this bodymedia fit is really helping me get going and I like to feel that thing on my arm or leg and know I need to get moving!!

On that note. I need to start working more, OT or what have you...I have way too much on my plate, so I've decided to stay an extra half hour a day. That means my work outs will have to be shortened up, but I am not going to let the fact that Life is happening stop me from going to the gym and tracking food. I'm still holding out at 206 and I want to be under that by the end of the week. So my work outs might only be 1/2 hour or 45 minutes, but I figure I will just do some HIIT training until I have more time and see how that treats me.

I'd love to respond to everyone but I can't....take care!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Everyone has been posting machines! So fun! Congrats on the losses everyone!!!

Lacey, happy one year anniversary! :flowerforyou: I think its good that you are taking this as a time to look at what the year has brought you and what you have to learn for the future. It seems like based on your posts on here that you are doing really great with food but have a hard time fitting exercise into your daily routine. Maybe that's the "x" factor for you? You are doing amazing and every little change is better for your body!

Kristina, I'm impressed that you got on the scale... I have had no desire to get on mine after the weekend, especially considering my loss last week was so good. I'm banking on it being a fluke. So I think its awesome that you manned up and got on there so you know what you have to do to move foward. Most of all though, CONGRATULATIONS on the promo at work! Its so awesome that you are now getting paid for what you've already been doing. :drinker:

Kendall, I like what you said about "externalizing weight loss." Every now and then I feel like maybe this should make me feel different about who I am, and that freaks me out. Because I still want to be me. So I think that's a good way to look at it. And hooray for the lawn mower not being broken!

Yocum, I think that's awesome that you have set a goal for yourself even if that goal isn't what MFP or anyone else says... I think its best to be realisitic about what will make you happy and what you can live with.

Crystal, yay for the personal trainer! That will be SO helpful! My roomie in college/best friend was a kinesiology major in school and now is a personal trainer and I have learned so much from her! Proper form really makes all the difference!

Amy, I love that you are fearless when it comes to workouts! I was SO scared to start P90X, and I think you have been a bit of an inspiration to me for things likes that... I end up thinking "if Amy can do it, I bet I could do it too." So thanks for that. I don't think getting excited about a really hard workout is a sickness, btw. I kinda feel like if I'm gonna commit an hour to workout out, I might as well get the biggest bang for my buck possible.

Victoria, I love your little black dress goal! That is AWESOME. And you are going to be out on the town in that before you know it!

Annette, nice profile pic! Having a running buddy will be really nice. Someone to hold you accountable and push you!

Ronnie, I love how supportive and involved you have become in this group! And I like your little Welsh tidbits too!

Suzie, I think upping your cals to 1400 will be good. I would imagine your body will need some recovery time from yoga... its always the most strenuous on my shoulders.

Andrea, I think we have all had the Friday too much food thing happen, so don't sweat it. I love hiking! Its such an easy way to get in some exercise and it just feels so good to be out there in the world. I agree that low calorie drink options would be good! I really love vodka cranberries, so I've started buying the Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry juice, which is awesome.

Angela, I joined MFP in January of 2011, towards the end of the month. I had reached a point where I couldn't buy pants at any of my favorite places to shop anymore and was starting to venture into plus sized clothing stores. Then work made us do hidden health screenings to be able to keep our discount on insurance, and I found out that at 27 I have high blood pressure and high cholestoral. I weighed 240 pounds. That was pretty much my breaking point. I haven't worn smaller than a size 10 since I was in 9th grade, and for a long time I was a 12/14, and when I started here I was an 18. I'm 5'9 and change, so ideally for me to be considered a healthy body weight I need to be at about 160, but to be honest I don't know what my overall goal is. I know that I have found a way to do this that I think I can actually live with permanently, and I think that is what matters. I have reached a point with working out where I enjoy it and actually crave it. I still have loads of improvements to make when it comes to food, especially when the weekend rolls around, but I also don't want to ever limit myself in a way that makes this not fun. Currently I'm wearing my 16s with my eyes on my 14s - I can get them on but they're a bit too snug still (muffin top is NOT cool). I think it would feel incredible to put on a size 8. But we'll see. In June I will get retested at work for blood pressure/cholestoral/etc, and I'm hoping that I will find out I have fixed those things without needing meds. I'm just happy to be here and happy to have this amazing support group. :happy:

Quick edit b/c I forgot to post my cals from yesterday: 1611 consumed/431 burned/20 left.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Popping on here real quick...numbers for yesterday: 2962 burned (on calf all day)/2332 ate/630 deficit. Even if I take off 200ish for overestimation potential, I've got a decent deficit. Gotta hit the gym tonight, even if its only for 1/2 hour of HIIT.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I just got a call from Whitney (the paralegal). On March 24th, Joey and I had a hearing to settle the divorce. The paperwork had the wrong date as the separation date so the judge said he wouldn't grant the divorce. Joey apparently flipped out on the judge and got KICKED OUT OF COURT. Normally in this situation, the judge realizes it was a clerical error and will continue the case another month so amendments with the correct info can be filed. The judge completed DISMISSED OUR DIVORCE (probably because Joey was a total a $ $ ). So now I have nothing. There is nothing in court to say Joey and I are getting a divorce, we have to start from scratch.

Buddy (my attorney) is so furious at Joey right now so he wants to make Joey wait. We aren't going to do anything for a couple weeks and see if Joey makes the first move.

I could go ahead and file a case here in Forsyth County, but thats basically starting over. In a normal case, Buddy would charge $500 plus filing fees ($175). Whitney said she's not sure he would charge me that since we're already in process. But if nothing else, I think I would definitely have to pay the $175 filing fee.

I'm so furious I'm shaking. I want this man out of my life and all he keeps doing is effing everything up!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    So sorry Kendal... My heart goes out to you...

I just got back from a 5 mile run. It's so nice and sunny here all I can do is smile. I love spring. (I think I say that every season. I've got to go get prepped for my 6 o'clock conference call.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Oh crap. - Bobs Yoga may be harder than P90X!!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Yeay time to respond finally!!

Victoria - wow really Bobs yoga is harder?!?! WOW!! THat dress is awesome and I bet you are going to look like a knock out in it!! I want pics.

Kendal - there isn't any way your lawyer can get the divorce reinstated?? I know money is tight with you but even if you have to pay all that freaking money all over again, at least YOU have control of the proceedings instead of Joey right? I feel like that is what I am reading but maybe I am wrong. I am so sorry girl!

Kristina - you aren't too far off from your lowest weight! I know you can get there again.

Yocum - just keep a super close watch on your weight loss results and low calorie intake. You are doing great girl! If you see another week of no weight loss, you might consider eating a couple hundred more calories and see how that helps!

Crystal - yeah on the personal trainer! I had one about six years ago and I LOVED it. It showed me how hard and far I can push myself.

Amy - thats rad you ordered Asylum!!

Annette - YEAY on the pic upload! I'm also a sabatoger after about 6 weeks..the key as you and I are learning is to not let that few days turn into months turn into forgetting about it.

Ronnie - I have some Mizuno running shoes. I think it really depends on how your legs and feet take to exercising on if you need to go to a running store and have them fit you or not. I went for years not having to and then all of a sudden it was either get some good shoes or stop working out.

Suzie - you CAN do this. It is all about making sure you're eating enough and eating the right kinds of foods and moving. I think you are on a good path of figuring it all out.

I think I covered everyone woohoo!

No working out again tonight for me. I came home, ate, and then did some carpet cleaning. Not too much and definitely did NOT get enough exercise in, as told by my less than 5k steps. But I am 180 cals deficit right now and I have a few hours till midnight. Tomorrow, Friday and possibly after my counciling session on Thursday I am working out and also plan to do it over the weekend too! The good thing is that now that I've increased my calories I am staying pretty well on point with the food situation so that is good.. I am hoping that despite the fact that I haven't worked out as much this week that I will still see some sort of loss. EIther way I know I am (finally) moving in the right direction with everything.
  • Rhianwen84
    Rhianwen84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Gooooood Morning all,

Im in for a day of rain (perfect time to whip open the new workout dvd) so i will be doing some 'me' posting later no doubt....hope everyone is well and HAZAR we're half way to the weekend (The other half is having his first one off in like a month)!!

Annette: Loving the pic, my grandmother in law hated robins (she was a little crazy) and used to flip them off when they were in the garden...there is of course no actual reason for this other than they were apparently evil. Every time i see one it makes me laugh.

Victoria: The dress idea is awesome! I’ve seen a lovely dress in Cardiff but it wouldn’t fit me for a while yet, I was too scared to buy it incase i didn’t do very well. Maybe i should re consider and use it as motivation.

Kendal: A mower is one less expense, and my partner and i are thinking of doing the garden this weekend (its like a jungle out there, ok maybe not but its a mess). I’m so sorry about what’s going on with your divorce, thinking of you and i cant imagine how frustrating it must be.

Amy: The new insanity dvd sounds scary, i hope its a lot of fun and a bum kicker. What exactly does insanity involve? I dont think im ready for it yet but i've worked out how to order from Amazon USA (had to change my address from Council Bluffs IA to here...challenge in itself).

Crystal: Ha ha! I think so...and thats great news on the fitness instructor. It can cost a lot to get into a fitness reigime. Im trying to keep it as low cost as possible. I have one dvd, i set of womens weights and i walk and thats enough to get me started. Also about putting yourself out there, i find that hard too. I have a 14 week old son and its hard not to feel isolated at times. Kids keep you so busy that you forget about me time. That’s why i love walking and hiking...baby is usually asleep and i get time to appreciate my surroundings.

Yocum: You’re goal should be exactly that...yours! If you get to 170 and you feel good and you feel fitter then thats all that matters. Im new to the group (been here 3 weeks) and i find it very inspirational and motivational...it’s really encouraged me to do more and look at this journey realisticly.

Kristina: I hope you’re headache clears and you don’t have to wait too long for those responses. Plus at least you stepped on the scale and like you said minor minor setback.

Kerry: Thank you, i hope im not being too forward. Now i’ve learned a bit i feel more able to get involved in the diet side. I was a probation officer (specialising in cognitive behaviour therapy) so im kinda trained to help people to change...it makes you really chatty but i cant take my own advice and when it comes to dieting i have been useless. I really hope in June, when you get tested for the insurance again that everything is fine that would be such a huge boost. I agree on not knowing on what the final goal should be. I set mine in the high end of a healthy bmi but i may get there and want to keep going or i may want to stop just before if im feeling content and healthy.

Lacey: Awesome with keeping track on food and i really hope you’ll show a loss. You were carpet cleaning so you were moving around. If only there was more time in the day eh!! P.S Thank you for trainer advice, a sister store of my partners apparently fit them. I will check it out.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Happy hump day!!! Tues check-in 2858 burned and 2270 consumed. Exercise 5 mile run - I picked the pace up to 13:30... One more short run before my race. Can I go back to bed??? I really don't want to work today.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    After the fury of yesterday afternoon came sadness. I just can't seem to catch a break. I went home and went to bed. Around 6:45 my mom rang my doorbell (I had emailed her and a few others about what happened) and we sat and talked for a few minutes. After that, I let it go. There is nothing I can do about it. Joey and I can stay married till one of us wants to get remarried and I don't care. Its not like I was going to change my name or anything. The only thing it will effect is filing our taxes next year if we don't get divorced by 12/31/2011.

So I worked out last night (Cardio X). I decided to pull out the scale this morning to get a reality check on my current situation. 218.8 (+2.2 from last time I weighed). I'm not sure I give it much concern since TOM will be here tomorrow (maybe today....maybe Friday....). I might weigh in again next week to get a better idea.

After working out, I got a call from Taylor (ex boyfriend, broke up a little over a month ago). I had also sent him the email about Joey. We talked for about 30 minutes and it brought up some emotions. I think he's still confused about why I broke up with him. After the call, I figured I should tell him the truth so I sent him a text. (He treated me great but he's controlling with kids and animals. I think he'd be a mean, strict, hard a $ $ dad and I couldn't picture marrying and having kids with him.) I haven't gotten a response.

So yeah....I ended up crying last night. I miss Taylor. He was good to me, even if he has issues with authority and control. He never once tried to control me.

Then again, this all may just be because of TOM.

Being a girl is so confusing.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Kendall, I am so sorry that you are dealing with all that you are right now. My heart goes out to you and I wish there was something I could do to help. I don't have any real words of advice except to stay strong and make sure you are putting yourself first, especially right now. You gotta do what's best for you. We are all hear to listen whenever you need us.

I stepped on the scale this morning. It said 208. 208?!?! :explode: Stupid. Its gotta be a combo of bad eating over the weekend, water retention in my muscles, and way too much sodium. So much for feeling awesome about that 204 from Friday. I'm just feeling a little pissed because I have been busting my butt.... no days off from P90X, really pushing myself during the workouts, plus running/walking on the strength days. Any advice you guys can give would be super welcome... even if its just to tell me not to freak out. This is the first time in a while that the scale hasn't been on my side, and I'm not worried that I'm gonna fall off the wagon, I'm worried that I'm going to not eat enough because I just want that 204 back. Who am I kidding... I wanted the damn scale to say 203 or something. I wanted progress from Friday. :sad: Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ok, I'm done ranting. I feel pretty ridiculous for being so frustrated about this, especially considering it could be so much worse. GRR.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday: 2895 cals burned/ 2018 cals eaten/ 877 deficit

Kendal: I am soooo sorry you are having such a tough time. I will be the first person to say that I don't know nothin' about nothin' but I do have to tell you what it's like to be married to a hard @ss type when it comes to parenting. The Hubbs is a 3rd generation military guy so he has um...a bit of a strict side - to say the least. Of course, I didn't know that side was there when we were dating as we were both single, military types with single, military-type friends who didn't have kids or pets. I discovered what type of parent he was AFTER Gabriel showed up on the scene. At first, it was rough. I am not the most lovable and sweet mom-type but I also know better than to freak out when your 2 year old dumps and entire box of Cheerios on the ground (which Gabe totally did). It was hard for The Hubbs to NOT be able to control the situation (he isn't a controlling person in that he wants to control people but he doesn't like chaos and kids and pets are totally chaotic). It took a long time for him to chill the crap out. He hasn't completely lightened up when it comes to discipline and chaos but he definitely deals with it better than he did. And you know what??? His sense of order and discipline balances out my rather chaotic and wild style of parenting (I have been known to allow - and even participate in- roller blading indoors and have even used Gabe blowing bubbles as a means for cleaning my kitchen floor). It works for us. Most of the time. We do not always see eye-to-eye on everything but I don't think any 2 people can possibly agree on everything. So, I guess what I'm saying, is maybe you shouldn't give up on Taylor if the only thing "wrong" with him is that he's a bit strict with kids and pets.

Victoria: You are gonna do so great at your race!!! How much harder is Bob's Yoga??

Ronnie: Insanity is interval training. You do exercises like squats, jumping jacks, etc for varying intervals and by then end you feel like you want to die. It's awesome!!! I think it's hysterical that your grandmother flipped off robins!

Lacey: Maybe taking a break from exercise (even though not really intentional) will help your shins heal up??

Kerry: That is EXACTLY how I feel about working out - if I'm gonna change my clothes and get all sweaty, it better damned well be worth it!!

Kristina: I get a headache if I stare at a computer/ book/ my kindle for too long. I hope yours went away!

I did my dog walk and Insanity Plyo workout. We were supposed to bike ride this evening but it's all rainy and cold so that's not gonna happen. I guess it's ok though as my abs and chest are KILLING me from Kettleworx the other day. Yay! for being sore!!!!