Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Oh BOY! So I couldnt help but test out my new HRM today... so I did a second round of Core cardio and balance ( I know, kind of counterproductive of 'recovery') but what they heck... I couldnt believe that my calorie burn was 610!!! :D I have been way underestimating my burn. I am so excited about this! I feel so much more confident about my eating now that i KNOW what i burn. i mean, it was a cheap HRM from walmart, and i will eventually want to get a better one, but hey, its a start -- and it was all i could talk my hubby into investing in. ;)

i LOVE INSANITY!!! :D:D:D:D:D

610 WOW I gotta get me one of these widgets your all call HRMs. LOL
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Awesome job skolls!

Week 2 down for me, did pure cardio and cardio abs today. For some of those ab workouts where you have to lift your legs in c sit position, I'm not feelin it in my abs I'm feelin it in my hips. I don't know if my form isn't right or what, husband said it looked like I had the form they had so idk.

I did cardio abs yesterday, My stomach was BURNING. I did feel it in my legs as well. My abs were so swollen after this workout I looked like I gained 10lbs in my belly. Feeling pretty good today though.
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    First day of Insanity complete revision (58 reps on switchkicks vice 116):blushing:
    Fit test results:
    Switch Kicks: 58
    Power Jacks: 49
    Power Knees: 83
    Power Jumps: 33
    Global Jumps: 8
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 26
    Low Plank: 42
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    First day of Insanity complete revision (58 reps on switchkicks vice 116):blushing:
    Fit test results:
    Switch Kicks: 58
    Power Jacks: 49
    Power Knees: 83
    Power Jumps: 33
    Global Jumps: 8
    Suicide Jumps: 15
    Push-up Jacks: 26
    Low Plank: 42

LOL
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Skolls you are hilarious.

Just finished day 2 of recovery week. I actually worked a little harder today than I did yesterday. I have got to be honest, I'm so scared of next week. Like I want to hide in my closet with a flashlight kind of scared. LOL
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Oh BOY! So I couldnt help but test out my new HRM today... so I did a second round of Core cardio and balance ( I know, kind of counterproductive of 'recovery') but what they heck... I couldnt believe that my calorie burn was 610!!! :D I have been way underestimating my burn. I am so excited about this! I feel so much more confident about my eating now that i KNOW what i burn. i mean, it was a cheap HRM from walmart, and i will eventually want to get a better one, but hey, its a start -- and it was all i could talk my hubby into investing in. ;)

I AGREE! I had been WAY underestimating my burn until I got my timex HRM. I love it! I thought around 400 was what I burned doing Power and Resistance---uhhh try 694! :) Its a good feeling!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Oh and I never posted my fit test results so here are mine: (for test #2)

Switch Kicks: 92 (I count each kick as one, not 2 as 1)
    Power Jacks: 58
    High Knee: 100
    Power Jumps: 41
    Globe Jumps: 10
    Suicide Jumps: 17
    Push-up Jacks: 28
    Oblique: 61

Every time I beat (or even come close) to Tanya or (Josh?)'s number, I get so excited. They are "machines" hahha. I also added at least 5-10 each from test 1 to test 2. I can't wait for the third one!!
  • freedomplease
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I did my Fit Test yesterday.

Switch Kicks ... 61
    Power Jacks ... 44
    Power Knees ... 81
    Power Jumps ... 24
    Globe Jumps ... 5
    Push-up Jacks ... 10
    Low Plank Oblique ... 23

Today I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit and went for a run/walk for 5.5 miles with my running group. I'm exhausted...
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    I started Insanity yesterday.
    I don't have my stats on my fit test with me at work but I'll update later.

I was up this morning at 5am doing pylo cardio...and holy smokes! Feels good though

Okay.....my day 1 Fit Test results from yesterday

Switch jacks 67
    Power Jacks 51
    Power knees 71
    Power Jumps 24
    Globe jumps 8
    Suicide jacks 7
    Push up jacks 8
    Lower plank 9
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So I did the fit test & nearly died yesterday. Day 2, I feel like im taking too many breaks, therefore, not getting my full exercise. I just get tired. & out of breath so fast.
  • angelicazaldivar
    angelicazaldivar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    not to worry! i think most of us -- if not ALL of us felt the SAME way!!! I barely made it through the WARM up of the first fit test. I am on recovery week now, and while I still take breaks, I am ROCKING it. Got a HRM, and if you dont have one already, i STRONGLY suggest u get one, because it helps me to know that even though I am takin breaks, I really am working to my max! I got just a cheap $30 one from walmart, but hey -- it works!

Best of luck in your INSANE journey! it WILL get easier, I PROMISE! my first week i didnt even wanna climb outta bed cuz i was SO sore! But after week 1 my muscles were MUCH better, now they only hurt DURING workout. :)

Angelica
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    So I did the fit test & nearly died yesterday. Day 2, I feel like im taking too many breaks, therefore, not getting my full exercise. I just get tired. & out of breath so fast.

I completely understand. The first time I tried to do INSANITY I was in the BEST shape of my life...and on day 1-the first fit test- I THREW UP. I pushed myself so hard that I literally ran to the bathroom and vomited. So, you're not alone. I mean that was when I was running 5 miles a day and it STILL killed me! Just stick with it. When I first started I had to take SO many breaks just to be able to breathe. I also had to refill (and I still do) my water glass at least 4/5 times just while doing the exercises. Even the warm ups get my heart rate up to the 190's! It is a really, really intense workout. I suggest just keep pushing through, know your limits, and take AS MANY BREAKS as you need to! Just pause it and then come back when you can do some more. At least your are attempting to do it. So many people just give up after one day but the more you do, the better you get. And if you feel like you finish your first month and still are having a lot of trouble, do month one again. I feel like everyday is just like the first day, but it isn't. You will notice that you take less breaks or that you push harder to keep up with the people in the video without even realizing it, because its all about your own rate. You can do it and not fully jump each time, or not touch the floor all the way, there are shortcuts everywhere. But after doing it for awhile, you will find yourself trying to do each workout better than Shaun T himself.

:) Hope this helped some!
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

dont be too hard on yourself. I nearly puked during my fit test. I PROMISE next week will be so much easier on you.

I'm on week 3 and admittedly was a lazy *kitten* during my workout last night. My body is just so damn tired. I'm eating 1500 calories a day. I think I may be underestimating my burn and not eating enough. Not sure.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Recovery Week is a wrap. 3 more days and it's on to Month 2....:sad:

I was reading some of the posts before and I'd like to mirror what everyone else said. Just do you. Push yourself, yes, but don't think that just because THEY are jumping 10ft in the air you have to as well. Or just because they grab a swig of water and then jump right back in that you have to in the beginning. Even now I look at the tv screen and tell Shaun T he can suck it as I lay on the floor willing myself to get up. LOL Just keep pushing through it and make mini goals. In the beginning I had to say "Ok, I'm going to go all the way through _________ (insert exercise)" Then it changed to "I'm going to make it through 2 _________ (insert exercise here)" Now I'm to the point where I will just say, especially on Pure Cardio, "I'm going to go through 10 minutes w/o stopping"--unless there's a water break of course :wink:
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 and I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I will be doing it right after work.

I am an aerobics instructor, I'm trying to find the right balance between my workouts and what I do teaching. I must say....2 days and it's kicking my butt. I'm definately outside of my confort zone which is a god thing.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 and I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I will be doing it right after work.

I am an aerobics instructor, I'm trying to find the right balance between my workouts and what I do teaching. I must say....2 days and it's kicking my butt. I'm definately outside of my confort zone which is a god thing.

Yikes! Now I am really scared:noway: I am also on day 3 and will be doing my workout after work. I was already sore yesterday from the fit test and then this morning I am even more sore. I am getting around just very slowly. I think tonights workout will be extremely tough since I am sore. Mostly my back which makes everything difficult.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

Yikes! Now I am really scared:noway: I am also on day 3 and will be doing my workout after work. I was already sore yesterday from the fit test and then this morning I am even more sore. I am getting around just very slowly. I think tonights workout will be extremely tough since I am sore. Mostly my back which makes everything difficult.

You will find once you warm up you will feel a lot better after tonights exercise.
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down and i'm missing my legs :sad: . a little sore but otherwise feeling good day three should be interesting.
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

LOL I bet we bought the same exact one. Good advice from Skolls a bit further back in the thread about subtracting BMR or something from your HRM number....might want to check it out. Great burn!

Great job doing Insanity! I have been loving it. I do not mean to be a downer at ALL, but my Polar FT4 HRM says I only burn a little over 300 calories each time I do Core Cardio and Balance. I am not saying yours isn't correct, it just sounds high to me (or maybe mine is low? hoping!) For reference, I am about 5'5", 142 lbs. My friend is doing Insanity with me and she bought the same HRM I have, is the same approx. height and weight as me, and her reading is consistently close to mine. Not sure, just something to be aware of. Of course we all have different bodies and our bodies do burn calories differently. Keep up your good work and best of luck!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    So first of all, great job on those that are just starting. I know you're sore and you may feel like you just can't do it, but stick with it. The pause button is an amazing tool lol it's perfectly fine to take breaks. For those just starting the first week that are feeling like you've been hit by a bus, I promise you it will go away. My first week I had to lean on the sink to help me sit down to pee I was hurting so bad lol but the 2nd week that was all gone.

So did my pure cardio and cardio abs today, and I just have to say that being able to get through these with less and less breaks, being able to do more reps, is greater satisfaction to me than the number on the scale because it shows me that my body is getting stronger and changing. I didn't hit the pause button once during pure cardio and my longest break didn't exceed 20 seconds (cardio abs was a different story lol). 3 more days left in week 3 :)