Friday October 10
    Lunch
    Twix - Finger, 2 finger
    Ocado - Honey Roast Ham, 2 slice(s)

Sunday October 12
    Snacks
    Monster - Energy Absolutely Zero Uk
    Waitrose - British Breaded Ham, 3 slice

Ham on it's own? no bread, salad or accompaniments? looks very much like bad logging
  • TweedAddict
    TweedAddict Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Woodspoon wrote: »
    Friday October 10
    Lunch
    Twix - Finger, 2 finger

Sunday October 12
    Snacks

Ham on it's own? no bread, salad or accompaniments? looks very much like bad logging

Genuine day. Love eating ham on its own, and sharing it with the dogs.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's as accurate as I can get if haven't cooked the food myself. There are 2 cases of that in my diary anyway, so not like it's every meal. It still doesn't make sense even with that being wrong

Rachal .. go on this MFP page and calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the estimated number of calories you need at your present age, weight and height to pretty much lay in bed all day and do nothing. ....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

.... That would, under normal conditions, be the least amount of calories you eat in a day. That does not count the additional calories you need to be active and those active calories should be above you BMR calories. ... more or less. ....(I don't want to start a whole bunch of people charging after me for saying this )
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I totally get your frustration.
    I am 5foot 4, weight 176 when i signed up for mfp. 8 weeks later i am 13 stone.
    I log EVERTHING. On a 1350 cal diet.
    Cant exercise due to mobilty... I know how annoying it is and i bet some days you feel like going crazy.
    I do hope you figure out the problem and if so can you let me know.
    Thanks. good luck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You got to go see a doctor. Although I do also doubt the validity of some entries, like today (half a cup of potatoes? one chicken breast?), but I'm guessing you were eating out or something?

But yeah chicken 4 wraps at only 590 calories total... VERY unlikely. Ham and cheese panini at 470, unlikely too, considering bread is often 300 calories, cheese 130, then you have to add the butter... I'm also curious about what kind of sausage is only 110 calories (from Wednesday) and where I can find that magic sausage (regular sausages are closer to 190 calories).

So yeah... I doubt your entries are correct. You could be eating way more than you think, even if you seem to barely eat some other days.
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How does one eat 1.98 meat balls?
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yikes....I can understand your frustration, but you have to understand that these people are giving you good advise. When we look at your diary and you have "1 mug of tea w/ skim milk)...is that a recipe that you entered? that you control the exact quantity of? while yes I understand that skim milk doesn't really carry a lot of cals with it if the person who cited that uses 1 tablespoon and you use 3...there will be a difference in the cals. Now that is very marginal difference, but what they are trying to explain is those marginal difference, or the lax approach to logging (believe me I do the same, but I have been losing with out weighing) you say that you weigh everything, but also that you are relying on prepackaged foods for their weights, unfortunately those values can be incorrect also. So in fact you are guestimating portions if your not weighing everything. people on here are not trying to judge you or hurt your feelings, they are being truthful in telling you that you are [il]likely[/i] consuming more cals then you realize. If you are a person who has very little to lose and have been given a finite amount of calories for the day, being as accurate as possible becomes more critical then someone like me who still has loads of weight to lose. I currently lose with guestimating but when I hone in on goal weight I'm sure that will change. From what I understand youtube has some great videos in reference to proper weighing of food, you may want to check some of those out too. Best Luck!!
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    21million wrote: »
    How does one eat 1.98 meat balls?
    I get screwy numbers like that when I weigh....if the portion says its 2oz but the portion I ate as slightly smaller, when you punch in the ounces it will spit back odd numbers like such. Not sure that's what happened here, but she did say that she weighs things (at times) so that would be my guess
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Friday October 10
    Lunch
    Twix - Finger, 2 finger

Sunday October 12
    Snacks

Just more for the safety of your dogs, you shouldn't feed them processed or cured pork like bacon and ham. Not only is the fat content high but it's also full of sodium. Their little bodies find it harder to process. This is widely known knowledge.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    If I eat 1200 cals I put on weight about 1-2kg per week.
    Doubt it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    If I eat 1200 cals I put on weight about 1-2kg per week.
    Doubt it.

There lots of user error going on. Gain 2 pounds per week on a 1200 cal diet.

• chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    for those saying inaccurate logging... it would have to be really extremely inaccurate for someone with her stats to be eating so much overestimated that she gains that much per week. not losing maybe, but even overestimating doesnt explain that much gain on a 1200 calorie diet. even if oversitimated by 400 calories she would probably at worst maintain. if what she says is the truth about actually gaining that. but i dont see this post as a question of why am i gaining, to me it looks more like the question is "am i justified eating a very low calorie diet?"

to me the whole thing screams pre-eating disorder or eating disorder, which is why i suggest going to a doctor with your concerns. because you are not gaining weight on a 1200 calorie diet, either you are sick, your scale is broken, or you are not eating 1200 calories, and not just undersetimating but say, binging thousands of calories a week. i guarantee you if you go to a doctor and say "i am eating 500 calories a day to lose weight" if they are a good doctor they will not agree.

i suggest you rethink your approach to weight loss, and do some research about how the body processes what you eat and gains and burns fat. and how much you should be eating.

the best way to lose weight is to arm yourself with information.

• josul75
    josul75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You got to go see a doctor. Although I do also doubt the validity of some entries, like today (half a cup of potatoes? one chicken breast?), but I'm guessing you were eating out or something?

But yeah chicken 4 wraps at only 590 calories total... VERY unlikely. Ham and cheese panini at 470, unlikely too, considering bread is often 300 calories, cheese 130, then you have to add the butter... I'm also curious about what kind of sausage is only 110 calories (from Wednesday) and where I can find that magic sausage (regular sausages are closer to 190 calories).

So yeah... I doubt your entries are correct. You could be eating way more than you think, even if you seem to barely eat some other days.

There are loads of different types of bread and sausages on the market. 2 slices of bread usually average out at about 200 calories (mfp and the product details on packaging confirm this). The bread I eat is an Irish slimming brand which are only 60 calories a slice. Yes, a panini would be more like 250 calories unbuttered, but sliced bread is less than that.

I have frozen sausages from Aldi which are 110 calories each (as stated on the pack itself) and there are low fat, gluten free ones from Tesco which are only 45 calories each (they are thin though!).

OP, looking at your diary, your eating habits are rather erratic. Some days you overeat and other days you really undereat. Try to mantain a healthy balance of meals throughout the day and try to avoid the empty snacky stuff as much as you can. You can limit yourself to 1200 calories a day and still enjoy good, filling food. I'm on 1200 calories and it's easier than you think, once you get used to how much things weigh and you log EVRYTHING that goes into your mouth (things like spices, condiments and sauces count too!). After a while, it becomes habit and you'll find your new eating plan second nature. There's always room for treats here and there, but they should be supplements to your daily meals, not meals themselves.

Good luck :)

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    It takes approximately 800 calories for a female adult just to keep her organs functioning....think about that. And candy isn't a meal.

It's time to seek professional help.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    josul75 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

There are loads of different types of bread and sausages on the market. 2 slices of bread usually average out at about 200 calories (mfp and the product details on packaging confirm this). The bread I eat is an Irish slimming brand which are only 60 calories a slice. Yes, a panini would be more like 250 calories unbuttered, but sliced bread is less than that.

I have frozen sausages from Aldi which are 110 calories each (as stated on the pack itself) and there are low fat, gluten free ones from Tesco which are only 45 calories each (they are thin though!).

OP, looking at your diary, your eating habits are rather erratic. Some days you overeat and other days you really undereat. Try to mantain a healthy balance of meals throughout the day and try to avoid the empty snacky stuff as much as you can. You can limit yourself to 1200 calories a day and still enjoy good, filling food. I'm on 1200 calories and it's easier than you think, once you get used to how much things weigh and you log EVRYTHING that goes into your mouth (things like spices, condiments and sauces count too!). After a while, it becomes habit and you'll find your new eating plan second nature. There's always room for treats here and there, but they should be supplements to your daily meals, not meals themselves.

Good luck :)

But she's clearly using generic entries for those things, and picking the lowest calories entries for them... not using brands, not weighing etc.

Once I individually added up what was in a ham and cheese panini I got from a restaurant and it came out close to 900 calories... I mean obviously I can make myself one for 300 calories or less at home, but then I would think she would have entered it properly.

Assuming OP is a woman, I didn't check.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Friday October 10
    Lunch
    Twix - Finger, 2 finger

Sunday October 12
    Snacks

Just more for the safety of your dogs, you shouldn't feed them processed or cured pork like bacon and ham. Not only is the fat content high but it's also full of sodium. Their little bodies find it harder to process. This is widely known knowledge.
    A little ham isn't going to hurt a dog. That is even more widely known.

OP- I bet you can find your old password. Log out and try to log back in with your original user name and hit "Forgot your password or username" and fill out the form.
  • alowndes
    Options
    If your eating just two candy bars a day here and there your going to gain weight like crazy your body is going to go into starvation mode and store all the fat your taking in. If your eating one meal and a snack your starving your body and anything you eat you will store as fat.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Op, I somewhat understand being in a similar situation but then my circumstances could be much different than yours! 1st, Im 4'2 and Im about 100lbs overweight. I am also an amputee which makes it slightly more difficult to not only exercise efficiently but also to lose weight. As you can see, Ive been on here since late March and Ive lost 20lbs. Surely, you can Not be as or any more sedentary as someone in my position! I have found that I can do chair exercises and once I am able to get myself up from the floor I'll be attempting floor exercises (right now its easier getting down than getting back up)! I dont swim because #1, the school pool is only open in the summer & #2 Its usually used for the the local swim team(s) and when its family fun night. Although I am Not perfect and no, I don't log every lick or scent of a food :lol:, I do make as much of healthy choice as possible in my food selections and I do portion my foods out.
    This is the hot dog that I eat: Louis Rich - Premium Hot Dog 90 cals (no bun, same goes for my burger patties but any & all veggies are encourage and permitted).
    Hillshire farm naturals - Black Forest ham 17 cals in 1 slice
    I eat 35 cal bread
    To make plain air popped pop corn put a couple Tbsp kernels in a brown bag, fold down a few times and pop in your microwave! 1 cup is only like 15 cals :relieved:
    Sweet Potato Pop Chips are like 52 cals for 10 chips...portion some out and just take the time to really enjoy them.
    Make some sugar free jello and if that's not enough, add a Tbsp of fat free cool whip for an additional 8 cals.
    Sugar free fudgsicles are only 40 cals (for 1)!
    Find a low cal cheese stick and take the time to string it...it'll last longer!
    Hope this helps :yum: