Ebola is freaking me out!!

Options

Replies

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    BAD news people, everybody dies :'( Sad news very few people really live :o GOOD news YOU are alive in this moment and always will be ;)

Thank you :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Unless you get some perspective then you are going to spend a lot of your life in a state of being freaked out.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    Well Happy Tuesday to all of you too, sheesh!

I can't help it, I freak about these things. I will keep my freaky thoughts to myself from now on. :p
    No one is saying you shouldn't freak. They are just giving you a rational context to perhaps alleviate your fear.

I'm saying you shouldn't freak out! Unless you touch or ingest the blood, semen or other bodily fluids of an Ebola-infected person, you're not going to get it. Chill out.

I'll do my best to chill. :|
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    54941484.jpg

this
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I think they found out that bird flu didn't freak us out enough...swine flu didn't freak us out enough...anthrax didn't scare us enough...and now it's Ebola. Next it'll be the black plague...now THAT *kitten* is scary!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    I think they found out that bird flu didn't freak us out enough...swine flu didn't freak us out enough...anthrax didn't scare us enough...and now it's Ebola. Next it'll be the black plague...now THAT *kitten* is scary!

Nah, that shiz is like the clap - used to be terrifying, now it's fixed with a decent dose of antibiotics :wink:

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Nah, that shiz is like the clap - used to be terrifying, now it's fixed with a decent dose of antibiotics :wink:

HAHAHA! Actually Leprosy is the same way.

I do agree that it's fear mongering...there hasn't been a legit epidemic in the US of any of these kinds of diseases...and no pandemics since what-the Spanish Flu?
    But the Media broadcasts it to scare people and to keep people watching...just silly.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options

Hate to tell ya this but the organism that causes plague is endemic in the southwestern part of the US, there are approximately 10-15 reported cases per year.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    She's got ebola fever
    She likes to boogie down
    She's got ebola fever
    I think it's going around

http://youtu.be/YHKCHvpYq_8

• sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    Did yo uknow that frear is not of God. Our God is bigger than any illness that can come over our bodies so make sure you keep praying and keeping your eyes on him and not the things that can ruin our lives.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of irritated that we are sending troops to Africa to aid the fight against Ebola. I have no problem with the various Health Organizations sending people, but those people are volunteers. I don't think our troops should be sent unless they are 100% volunteering. A second Dallas nurse has just been diagnosed. If the supposed experts haven't yet got a handle on prevention, let's stop allowing these people into the United States when they knowingly have the disease. They should quarantine them over there before letting them leave the country.

It's like all these idiots that leave the country and enter some war-torn or politically devisive country, get jailed and then want to be bailed out because they are American citizens. Why are we wasting our resources to bail people out from making bad decisions?
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ebola is tragic and I understand some fear however there are many other ways to die that are much more likely. Ebola has killed around 4000 people worldwide (most of them in Africa).

Here's a few numbers for US deaths:
    -Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including an estimated 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure
    (CDC website)
    -40,000 deaths from breast cancer (cancer.org)
    -30,000-40,000 deaths from auto accident each year (various sites)
    -3 women in the US die each day as a result of domestic abuse (Montana Legal Services Association)
    -4 to 5 children die each day as a result of child abuse (childhelp.org)

Don't forget the 12,000 a year from guns.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    You have a MUCH HIGHER chance of dying from an accident (car, pedestrian, freak accident) than you would from Ebola contraction. That is unless you decide to visit the quarantine, break in and hang out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I'd be more freaked out by a positive pregnancy test.

indeed.

I think the words "I'd rather have cancer than be pregnant" have come out of my mouth.

I'm so not worried.

not touching peoples fecal matter- blood or swapping spit with anyone but my BF- so- I think I'm good. I refuse to worry- I seriously just don't have time for that.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    54941484.jpg

I don't think Ron Burgundy ever spoke ghetto

• CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You have a MUCH HIGHER chance of dying from an accident (car, pedestrian, freak accident) than you would from Ebola contraction. That is unless you decide to visit the quarantine, break in and hang out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

QFT
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm kind of irritated that we are sending troops to Africa to aid the fight against Ebola. I have no problem with the various Health Organizations sending people, but those people are volunteers. I don't think our troops should be sent unless they are 100% volunteering. A second Dallas nurse has just been diagnosed. If the supposed experts haven't yet got a handle on prevention, let's stop allowing these people into the United States when they knowingly have the disease. They should quarantine them over there before letting them leave the country.

It's like all these idiots that leave the country and enter some war-torn or politically devisive country, get jailed and then want to be bailed out because they are American citizens. Why are we wasting our resources to bail people out from making bad decisions?

Arent all of our troops already volunteering .. to go .. where they're ordered to go ..
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Why??? Are you planning to go to Africa and nurse infected patients? For any of us normal, regular citizens there isn't any reason to be concerned. It's not the flu, you can't get it just by being near someone who's infected. You have to have contact with bodily fluids. And besides do you have a lot of people in your life that have been galavanting around Africa that would concern your contact with them? This is why I hate the media. They do nothing but spread irrational fears.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ripfit138 wrote: »
    And before Ebola it was Swine Flu. And before that, Bird Flu. Soon you'll see a new "breakthrough drug" that prevents the spread of Ebola, once everyone is good and scared. Our drug manufacturer saviors will make it available - and watch the money roll in.

Actually, they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since before this recent outbreak. I'm not sure how close they are to distributing it though.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I love attention! But only good attention. I was just reading about the nurse that contracted it and no one knows how since she apparently followed protocol.

Are you positive protocol was followed? This is just like the head of the CDC saying measures to prevent ebola spreading via airlines will work (hello? no they didn't!). Are you certain everyone was properly trained to follow protocol? You can follow the procedures all you want, but if you are not properly trained, you are still going to make mistakes.

This thread is ridiculous. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than catching ebola from a snickers bar. I think I will open a bag of M&Ms and live dangerously. Maybe that green one will be the one that kills me.