What's the story behind your profile pic?

Options

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    My current one is in honor of people who can't mind their own business and feel the need to nose into others.

...not that I am bitter.

EXACTLY!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Purely out of bored, conceited bastardism...

hahaha Love it!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I picked this one because my hubby hates his picture taken, so I don't have very many. This is one of the best ones of us together.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    You like what you see?!?! Yea that's right! I wanted to show off my best ASSets!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I took mine on New Year's Day (this year) after I put the MFP app on my phone. I was feeling horrible, nothing fit, I was 175+ pounds (officially obese), and felt like I couldn't move around in my own skin. So it's sort-of my "before" photo, reminding me that I don't want to feel that way again. 20 pounds down!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Mine is a picture of my favorite cartoon character when I was a kid, Wile E Coyote. You can see he is holding up a sign asking for help with a awestruck expression on his face with a hint of defeat and sadness. Reminds me how I felt looking into a mirror and seeing what I became. A fat overweight shell of what I used to be. Stripped of my self esteem and pride. No longer wanting anyone that knew me from my past even seeing me. Too lazy to get off my butt and change instead reduced to holding a sign asking for help and someone else doing it for me. Except no one else can do it for me and I don't want to be the person broken asking for help. So it's a picture of what I no longer want to be.

Awwww. I love the meaning you put into your pic and just wanted to say that you will reach your goals you will get back to where you want to be! Keep up the fight!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    At an office party.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You like what you see?!?! Yea that's right! I wanted to show off my best ASSets!

Lol @JanerZzz I love that pic!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Very funny ! :) made me laugh this morning and I needed it.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    My current one is in honor of people who can't mind their own business and feel the need to nose into others.

...not that I am bitter.

x2

X3...but with legs
    X4

eek! forum gangs! run for the hills!

Mine is to remind me not to wear ties around blenders as i got one caught in one once.....wasn't pretty - berry juice stains!!!!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Mine is the most recent pic of me taken when ready for a night out with ppl from work - thats me at 292.5lbs the day before i started my journey - have quote a bit of make up on there - have banned all photos of me until I have lost a considerable amount of weight too :o)
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't want anyone to know who I am...........lol!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Purely out of bored, conceited bastardism...

Don't forget "douche baggism":bigsmile:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    On a hike last Sunday. I wanted Red Rocks in the background but it's hard to see because the weather was crap.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a black op.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken after I got my hair done, a reward to myself for losing 15 pounds so far!! Wanted to show it off :-)
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are out at our favorite bar back in Michigan, Shakespeare's Pub. It was his last day of classes before graduation and we went out with some of his friends to celebrate! I believe it was also Karaoke night.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are out at our favorite bar back in Michigan, Shakespeare's Pub. It was his last day of classes before graduation and we went out with some of his friends to celebrate! I believe it was also Karaoke night.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken last May after I cut 10 inches of my hair off!

I'm only responding to this thread because Sweetheart did and not too long ago my profile picture intrigued her enough to spark what has now become another great MFP friendship.

The story I'd like to tell...and the one I told her...is that this picture was taken as I was being eaten by a huge man-eating shark. I could have died. Seriously. The truth, however, is that my family and I were spending a weekend in Port Aransas, Texas with some very dear friends of ours and the photo opportunity just presented itself. It then became my profile picture on Facebook and MFP.
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's such a sweet picture! Honestly I chose mine when I had no idea there was a community to go along with the app I downloaded to count calories. So there's why I chose it and now it kind of embarasses me, but I don't know anyone here so it really doesn't matter I guess.

But for why I took it and what it reminds me of.....pretty relevant to why I am counting calories:

My husband and I are having real problems and I sent him that pic to tell him I missed his kiss. He didn't even respond. (I realize there could be tons of reasons for that but...) Each time I see that picture it reminds me that I want him to want me and I have to put some effort into preventing the blowup in my weight that is inevitable if I'm not paying attention to what I eat.

Wow...that almost made me cry. I'm having problems in my relationship as well, so I guess that's why it hit close to home.