Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh dear! Didn't have a successful weekend really. =/ Went out for dads birthday on the Friday and went over my calories. I thought Bruschetta followed by a Salmon Pasta would be ok. No cream involved. But what I didn't take into consideration is the olive oil. It apparently is a silent thief of your calories! And then Saturday I was lazy and we ordered a curry. I didn't even bother logging that because I know for a fact it will be HORRENDOUS! So my October challenge is in decline I’m afraid. But bizarrely I weighed myself out of curiosity on Saturday and I had lost a further 2 lbs! Now… I’m going to put 1lb at least on fluctuations, because 2lbs in 3 days is just crazy! Sunday was a bit mad. Started cooking at about 3 (we normally have a late lunch on a Sunday because it is a big meal so I can use 2 meals worth of calories and not feel hungry at bedtime. :) ), however, at about 4, just as I was finishing plating up, the partner comes downstairs saying he has to go on a call out. So rather than sitting in an empty house on my own eating dinner I decided to go with him. Dinner didn’t happen until 7! I was so hungry but because it was late I didn’t eat much of it and ended up 400 calories under. So I like to think this balanced out the weekend. :)

@tlh0407 – That cake looks amazing! My mum used to decorate cakes… until she had us. Then things started going missing, and hand and finger prints started appearing in the cakes, so she retired from that hobby. :s
    @Morgori – Fortunately I am quite a tidy person when it comes to digital filing. I think that’s why I’m ok with being admin. So all that is on my desktop needs to be on my desktop :) I however know quite a few people who could do with this advice…
    @NK1112 – Congratulations on the weight loss! That is over a stone, you must be so proud of yourself! I think I will probably cry with happiness when I reach that milestone. It always does good to take a step back and look at the big picture every now and then. I think that is why so many people insist we take pictures of ourselves as a before and after. I personally like to take measurements. I’m not quite ready to take photo evidence of my size yet. I have found the template attached, it makes it a bit more enjoyable, and I’ll probably do it once a month. I’m yet to see the first months difference.

October Challenge: 16/20

947jjffo2df4.jpg
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Staying within calories today, but weigh in tomorrow and measureing on Tuesday. Looking forward toseeing what pans out.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good afternoon, all!

Family returned to UT yesterday, after missing flight, then flying to Atlanta before getting another to Salt Lake City. Home finally at midnight! Daughter had to be up at 5:30 to teach a class and kids had school, poor things.

October Challenge to date:
    15/19 under daily calorie goal of 1350.
    15/19 days of cardio
    Weight loss this week: 2 lbs. (How it's possible with the junk at the State Fair and eating out with visitors, I do not know, but I'm not looking that gift horse in the mouth! :o

RobinsEgg/Ellen: Congrats on walking! You are very smart for setting little, achievable goals for yourself. It won't be long before you're back on track.

Laurie: We have Seasons 52 here in Plano. I love all the healthy options and variety. Didn't know you had an artistic streak. Like the painting.

Tracy: CAKE IS ADORABLE! Who would want to eat it though? That's art, too!

Welcome all newbies! If it weren't for all the members of this thread who've encouraged me (and my diet buddy), I shudder to imagine where I'd be today. Keep on checking in. We're all pulling for you.

GrammyWhammy=Marsha
    <3

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday my friends. Well I am really happy with how my first real week back turned out. I was under or close to calories every day but Sunday and I got in some form of workout every day. Sunday was my b-day and I had a nice quiet day with my family. I watched a show I had started on netflix most of the morning as my kids came alive and came out to join me. In the afternoon we went to run some errands and pick out my new phone and get the b-day present my husband said to pick up. Well we might have ended up at the humane society to look at the animals ( I like to do this every so often) and they might have been having a big adoption event this last weekend I was unaware of. This might have led to me not getting the bike I was supposed to for my b-day. I might have adopted to gorgeous little 7 week old kittens. I have been letting the thought of a new cat simmer in the back of my mind for a couple of months now and I just couldnt resist. We werent able to take them home yet as they still had to be fixed but we will get them by Wednesday of this week. So after that I ended up going kitten shopping and of course treats for the doggies and then out to dinner with my kids. It was all in all a very nice b-day.I actually didnt even really kill the calorie bank yesterday I was only over around 350 so could have been alot worse. My Hubby said when he called and found out about the kittens that I was a silly silly woman but he still loves me :) Oh yeah we have named them already. They are brother and sister and since we had a greek god thing going with puppy Zeus we went for Ares and Athena for the kittens. I Wanted Apollo and Artemis since they are twins in greek mythology but my daughter wasnt fond of Artemis so we compromised. Well I need to get off my butt and walk the doggies. Have a great day everyone and I will cya later :)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    UNR=University of Nevada, Reno
  • chulisGonzalez
    chulisGonzalez Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! I'm fairly new myself, but this thread has helped A LOT! Feel free to add me, the more the merrier.

Had a lot of catching up to do! This weekend was okay, Saturday night we had a get together and surprisingly I didn't eat all that much! Sunday we made "tamales" and come on, how could I resist just eating 1 or 2. I ate more than I would've liked but they were so delicious!

*Monday check-in: Yesterday was probably one of the best days I could've had. Before going to bed my husband says "You looked thinner today" Totally made my day! :D<3 That comment is the one that has made me realize that it's all worth it. It gave me the motivation to keep on going and keep doing what I'm doing. I know at times I don't log everything perfectly or exercise like a maniac, but the changes that I've made have been working and it's awesome.

*My exercise goals haven't been on track, but at least I'm walking 2 miles most days of the week

*So I'm feeling a bit emotional right now and I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread, especially @RobinsEgg that took the time to make this thread and keep everyone together. The advice and support is more than I expected and you all are just amazing people! As I've said before, I don't know how I went so long without you guys! Still have a long way to go but I'm sure I'll reach my goal sooner or later.

Have a great day everyone!
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LOL Thanks for clarifying that Tom...I was close ;)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407 - Tracy it is a good thing that cake is in ND. I want to eat all of it.

@Lois_1989 - Thanks for the picture, It gave me a real belly laugh

AFM - I need to rant a little, please bear with.
    I hate being fat
    I hate not being able to eat anything I want
    I hate how hard marriage can be
    I hate having to do paperwork for my business
    OK Thanks to all.
    I am not as fat as I was. I took a good look at myself in the mirror today. I look like I took off a layer of bubble wrap.
    I can eat what I want, just not all of it.
    I am fortunate that this man has put up with me for 36 years, and still can say he loves me. I am not an easy person to live with.
    I am fortunate that business is booming.

Thanks for listening.
    Lori

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Short check in. On my way to the hospital with dad. We think he has another kidney infection. It is going to be a long night. Prayers needed.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie—the painting is gorgeous! I love Seasons 52, and they have some really yummy, healthy menu choices. Oh my—just read the post about your dad—hoping for a good prognosis and a little sleep for you. :|

@soosun—glad the hub’s recovery is going well.

@niki—hooray for 15 lbs gone!! :D

@tracy—that cake is awesome!! Also, I love that you put limits on the number of sports your kids can participate in—kids need limits, and I see quite a few parents who let, or sometimes even encourage them, to bite off more than they can chew. And I know parents feel a lot of pressure to let their kids do “everything” b/c society seems to glorify the multi-sport, multi-activity kids. And yes, I know teachers who assign far too much HW b/c they forget that the kids have 5-7 other classes. I’m not trying to play a blame-game—there are a lot of factors at play. I just feel bad when I have a 16 or 17 year old student who gets hospitalized for stress/anxiety (what we used to call a “nervous breakdown” in the old days), or who turn to cutting, drugs, etc. to deal with all of the stress. It’s something I see more and more of each year—very sad.

@tom and amy—glad to hear you are in agreement about the beard. ;)

@lois—when I first started MFP, I was eating at 1200-1400 calories/day (plus any exercise calories), and I found that when I had a really high calorie day—say 2000-2200 net—I would see a big drop right afterward. I think that extra bump in calories kicks your metabolism back into high gear—kind of like throwing a log on the fire. I’m a firm believer that it’s a good idea to throw in a high-cal day once a month or so when we are eating at a large deficit on a consistent basis. LOVE the pic of the poster!!

@marsha—congrats on the 2lb loss—see my note above to lois.

@tammy—aww! Can’t wait to see pics of the new kitties. I agree with your daughter—athena is my favorite greek goddess, and since both she and ares are the war gods, they still go together though they aren’t twins.

@chulis—that’s great that your husband is noticing and giving you support—I agree, those comments really fuel my motivation as well.

@lori—that’s what we’re here for. I know sometimes it’s tough, but I love that you turned your rant into some positive thoughts about yourself and your life. I love my husband to death, but sometimes if we’re arguing or he’s just getting on my nerves (as you know happens after years together), I try to remind myself of the same thing you said. Funny, tonight we were watching TV and this commercial came on (I don’t’ remember what for—maybe eharmony?) and it’s a woman on a blind date and the guy is a ventriloquist who starts kissing his female dummy. I just turned to my DH and said, “And that’s why I’ll never leave you, Honey.” We both had a good laugh. :p

@robin—love the edit to the 1st post. Great that you are ready to start driving a bit and walking around a little more.

@fera—OMG I’m with you about the political ads!! I’m so sick of them and I’m only in one market. I can’t imagine being in 3!!

Welcome newlings!!!

Sunday Share:
    I missed this yesterday, so I’ll do a quick intro for all of the new folks. I’m Karen, a HS English teacher from Chicago. I’m married with one fur-kid, my 90 lb lap dog, gunner. He’s my walking buddy, and occasionally joins me for a run around the neighborhood; though he’s closing in on 9 years old, and as a big boy, probably done with any longer runs. I think next summer we will be transitioning to just walking again, and I will have to run alone.

I started MFP in march of 2011 and joined robin’s original thread in July 2011 shortly after I started running. Love this group as it has kept me on track throughout this process. I’ve also made some great friends—some who I’ve even had the pleasure of meeting in person.

Monday Check-in:
    Well I went back and logged my Saturday intake and it was quite a bit over. Overall though, it’s been a pretty good month and I see my weight dropping back down to the mid-180s.

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/66 AP essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--HIKING in LG
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon—rest day
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day

October Challenge:
    Days under calories = 15/20
    Days >100g of protein = 9/20
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Neither of the kids was feeling very good today. Keith stayed home from school because he had coughed all night. He didn't cough much and spent most of the day on 'Reading Egg', a website that he learned about at school. I think Anya was just tired. She took an early nap and was right back to her old self.
    It is the semi-annual hospital auxiliary pie sale, so I made pie shells today and an apple pie for the family. I will finish up the 4 coconut cream pies tomorrow. That piece of apple pie pushed my calories today, but thanks to a good long walk, I did come in under calories for the day.
    Congratulations on the great losses. I'm still looking for one!
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind and encouraging words. It really shouldn't have to be this hard should it!

Kaye, such good news for your hubby, so pleased for you both.

Tlh, good to see you back too! Sounds very interesting in your area politically speaking, good luck with getting people to read actual documents and think of the consequences for themselves, unfortunately most people are sheep when it comes to politics.

Alison, are you from England? I'm heading over there next year with my Mum 75 yrs to see faily and favorite places. Can't wait! Not sure about pudding for breaky, lol

Soosun, this is definitely the right place for support and encouragement, good on you for facing up to your demons!

JNettie, a baby! So excited for you, congrats! Hope the maternity leave pans out for you.

AFM I'm struggling with this thread, not appearing on my page the way it used to. I see Skinny has posted something, i will go back and try to work it out.

Niki, keep up the good work, sometimes it seems to take time for it to reflect on the scales.

• NaomiGibbins
    Options
    Robin, hope you continue to mend. One day at a time, a song i heard diana trask sing thht i often sing to myself, such wonderful lyrics, and you'll get there.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just a super quick check-in to say that I am staying with my friends in the country -- trying not to overeat (difficult!) and I haven't forgotten you all. Back in London on Wednesday.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Morning everyone! I hope we are all ok and well today. I fell out of bed this morning feeling very sleepy :sleeping: , it’s an early day today because I am swimming at lunch time on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I was considering switching it up to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but I may do that in November I’ll just get the swimming routine down first before increasing. I remembered last night that I have to be very good this week because the NFL is coming to London this weekend again and there will be beer and food galore :drinker: ! The Detroit Lions are over and they are my partner’s favorite team so I’m going to have to really rein him in from spending too much money on merchandise. That and I ‘The Pack Horse’ will be carrying it all which I want to avoid.

SO Tuesdays Goals: Um I know, I should really have one, but apart from ‘The Big Goal’ it’s really just carrying on as I am.

@jtconst – I’m glad you had a happy birthday! Can’t wait to see pictures of the kittens!! How adorable! And I love the names, I had a friend who had a Siamese cat called Zeus and he was God. Like most cats really.
    @chulisGonzalez – I’m so happy for you! Positive comments from the people you love, are the best ones. :+1:
    @cblue315 – I’m glad you like the picture, I thought it might make the stressful task of measuring up a bit more enjoyable, anyone is welcome to use it, I have it in my diary. It’s ok to have a rant, everyone needs one from time to time, and it’s good that you saw the positive side to it and recognise there are improvements. I know it’s a bit cliché but I always try to remember that there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you in the world. Difficult to accept at the time, I know. You have a rant whenever you like!
    @Lauriek70 – My thoughts are with you and your dad, I hope everything is ok.
    @skinnyjeanzbound – I will find out tomorrow and it is weigh in day Wednesday. I like your theory, sounds very plausible! Have you read that thread about the ‘Whoosh’?? I’m curious to see if that happens and it sounds like it is on the same sort of lines.
    @grandmakaye44 – I hope the kids are feeling better today, and I’m sure your loss will come soon! Weight loss that is! I re-read that and thought I should correct myself before it gets taken the wrong way. :worried:
    @NaomiFilcock – Hello! Not sure I’ve spoken to you before. I always think the things in life you really want are hard to get, if it was easy you may not appreciate or stay there for very long. Plus when you get there imagine how amazing it will feel! :wink:

October Challenge 17/20
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @Laurie - praying for your dad. Have your heard anything? The ER hours are so long... I thinks is mandatory to observe a patient for 3 hours in ER before discharging them or moving them to a room. Did that happen with your dad?
    - @Congrats to everyone who's reported a loss of weight in the past few days. I've read the @Whoosh thread and its an interesting train of thought, to say the least. I've noticed the phenomenon in myself as well. ie. no weight loss then a magic overnight drop of 3 lbs. Like you expect to see a lump of fat on the sheets after you get up! :o !
    So many of you are quite the philosophers and I can see the effort put forth in your posts. I get so inspired by your comments. <3
    AFM - yesterday I kept myself moving and I did drive my car around a few blocks in the neighborhood. I'm so glad because it was beautiful outside and because we finally had the perfect fall weather, the trees and shrubs had become their magnificent color changes - gosh I drove thru such eye candy it was awesome. Reds, oranges, golds, russets, oh my!
    I also potted up some Ivy for my kitchen from my deck and so glad I got that done before it was too late. I've had that ivy for many years and I love its cheery note in the winter. I start cutting of it in February that are fun to watch in the dead of winter. Also brought in my Christmas Cactus with is already budding so I have to rename it a Halloween Cactus!

Oh, @Skinnyjeans and other @Zombielovers, I was told about a Smart-phone app called "Zombies,Run!" for Android etc. which has great reviews - it is a running program which starts you off on a mission to get to safety - as the zombies are all around you. And you get rewards and the story is quite deeply developed and grows with you day by day.
  • NaomiGibbins
    Options
    Tuesday goals - i think for me this has to just be getting my calories under goal, taking goal seriously and taking real note of what goes in. Off to log today, and try to fill in other days this week.

Because i missed Sunday share some of you won't know I'm an Aussie. Have put in a pic my DH took in our backyard on the weekend for you. Enjoy our Kookaburras.
  • NaomiGibbins
    Options
  • NaomiGibbins
    Options
    @skinny/Karen - my Kookaburra made me think of you and your class' poetry and an old Australian bush ryhm...

Kookaburra sits in the old Gum tree,
    merry merry king of the bush is he,
    laugh Kookaburra laugh Kookaburra,
    gay your life must be.

Or there is the school kid version...

Kookaburra sits on the electric wire (ie electric fence)
    Jumping up and down with his pants on fire
    Laugh Kookaburra laugh Kookaburra,
    Gay your life must be.
  • corofinlass
    corofinlass Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    93lbs left to go :-)