• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Bump- like this idea ! Thanks!
    Mix in a little light cool whip, sweetener of choice, cinnamon, and a few raisins. Tastes like a rice pudding.
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this was already said because I didn't want to read through everything but I really like slices of tomatoes with basil in my cottage cheese.
  • cxa786
    cxa786 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a 1/2 cup: Mix a tbsp of Nutella and a tbsp of peanut butter together and heat it up in the microwave for a bit. Then add the cottage cheese and mix them together. An amazing and delicious combo :)
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    mix with spaghetti sauce and use to make stuffed zuchinni
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Spread a little apple butter or pumpkin butter on toast. I add a little stevia and cinnamon to my cottage cheese. Put it on top and broil it a little. Warm and melted yumminess.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with salad! I make sure to get a little cottage cheese, raisins, some kind of sweet dressing like Catalina, salad veggies & something crunchy like croutons or chow mien noodles or sunflower seeds!
  • seajay500
    Options
    4 slices whole grain lasagna no cook
    1cup cottage cheese
    1 cup mushrooms
    1/2 cup diced onions
    1 tomatoe chopped
    1lb organic beef 90% +
    Parsley, oregano, basil spices
    1 egg
    1 tbls breadcrumbs
    1/2 jar of organic tomatoe sauce (trader joes good)
    1/2 cup low cal mozarella
    Cook hamburger
    In large bowl put all ingredients except sauce and mix

Put a little of the sauce at bottom of small narrow glass baking dish
    Put on top of pasta. Add a little sauce. Ad the other two lasagna noodles and top with remainder of sauce
    Bake covered at 325 45 minutes.

This pretty low cal. If you must have some pasta occasionally this satisfies the crave. You can also use ground turkey.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know it's strange but.... I like to mix marmite in to mine ^-^
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump :) Great tips guys!
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Options
    A little crumbled bacon on top or mixed in
  • fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like sliced pepperoncini in mine. I tend to prefer savory over sweet and stumbled upon this combination a couple of years ago.
  • schwastl
    Options
    Alton Brown turned me on to putting salted roasted almonds in. Delicious!
  • ladystorm282001
    ladystorm282001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first time my aunt made this I thought it sounded so gross but finally tried it and it was pretty good. Cottage Cheese, tuna, tomatoes diced, green onions, mix it together and yum. :)
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    diced tomato, cucumber, and avocado with salt and pepper. SO FRESH AND DELISH!
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little dash of salt makes it taste similar to french onion dip.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese but honestly some of these are a little too creative for me.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    bump
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Get some fromunda cheese, mix well with some heavy whipping cream. Spread it evenly over a cauliflower based pie crust. Top with a steaming hot blumpkin. Pairs well with a nice Port.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    ready for the BEST COTTAGE CHEESE OF YOUR LIFE

hahaha.

cut apple into small chunks. microwave for ~1 minute.
    mix into cottage cheese (as much as desired)
    add cinnamon, stevia/splenda, a touch of vanilla, and if you want to get crazy then add brown sugar and raisins..

put this in the fridge overnight.....the next day, you will have an apple cheese danish. it's so freakin amazing.

I tried this and it was really yummy! I used cottage cheese with pineapple so I didn't add any sweetner, and I also added a few chopped pecans and some cinnamon.

fzq5y2w8a513.jpg