Replies

• magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Pineapple chunks for me
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love cottage cheese with scrambled eggs. I buy 30% lower sodium cottage cheese by Breakstone.
  • msncush
    msncush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    add sugar free jello of whatever flavor you like, add the jello to yogurt, too
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    call me crazy but i love franks red hot sauce and fresh ground peeper in my cottage cheese...
  • sing809
    sing809 Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have been making Protein Pancakes almost every morning for breakfast. 1 cup oats, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup egg whites, 1 tsp cinnamon (opt), 1 tsp vanilla (opt), stevia to taste( opt). I put it in my vitamix until smooth, and the texture comes out just like regular pancakes. I put 1/2 cup of blueberries in the microwave with a bit of stevia to use instead of syrup, or make chicken breakfast sausages and wrap them around them for pig in a blanket.

I used this pancake recipe as a foundation for Double Chocolate Protein Muffins. I am still experimenting, but I made these the other night. They were a little too fluffy from all the egg, but not too bad. ( This made 22 muffins, 90 calories each and 8 grams of protein) They would probably taste even better with a couple tbsp of oil or peanut butter, and maybe a bit less egg white.

2.00 cup(s), Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 1% milkfat
    2.00 cup(s), Rolled Oats
    2.00 cup(s), Eggs - White only, raw
    1.00 tsp(s), Vanilla extract
    20.00 g, Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    3.00 scoop(24.5 g), Whey Protein Powder
    210.00 pieces (15g), Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
    Stevia
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I blend it with eggs then mix through veggies/herbs and bake - makes a tasty no pastry quiche
  • Kriptikk
    Kriptikk Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sweet:
    Cinnamon and stevia
    Cinnamon, cocoa powder and strawberries
    Cocoa powder and stevia
    Cocoa powder, peanut butter and stevia
    Blueberries and honey
    Walnuts and honey

Savory:
    Chilli sauce, spring onion, salt and cumin
    Salt and Pepper
    Tomato Ketchup, pepper, red onion,
    Spring onion, italian herb seasoning,
    Parsley, black pepper, salt, red onions
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (I use non fat), 100 gms non fat greek yogurt - any flavour, 1/3rd cup granola, and 3 tbsps non fat cool whip. 310 calories, almost 30 gms protien. I eat this EVERY day. Delish, nutrish and satisfying!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of Polaner SF + Fiber apricot jam to one of those Breakstone single serve. It's an easy way for me to get some extra fiber in and it's yummy.
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Low sugar grape jelly...yum...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese in the summer. An alternative is ricotta cheese, which is richer tasting and low cal is just a good.
  • caroleknc
    Options
    I love it in my oatmeal. I add one of the Breakstone 2% containers and it is yummy. Sometimes I put it in the microwave to heat it a little since the cottage cheese cools the oatmeal.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and splenda, put it in my pancake mix with oats, vanilla, egg whites, baking powder, and cinnamon. protein powder, sf jello mixes, make ice cream. My absolute favorite is mixing it in with my protein shakes. 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 c of almond milk, 2 tbsp of sf cheesecake pudding mix, !/2 frozen fruit, kale and chia seeds. Blend it up and its just like a milkshake.
  • thefitzner
    thefitzner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These are such great ideas!
  • Torryy
    Torryy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put some cottage cheese in a blender and make it the consistency of sour cream, add a little dry ranch seasoning and it's a great veggie dip. Plus you can add a little fat free milk to that mixture and its a low cal, high protein dressing for salads.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow so many ideas but i cant get away from liking it plain with saltine crackers.
  • lindabozwell
    lindabozwell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This one may already be in this list. Each morning I toast one slice of 16 grain bread @110 calories, then add cottage cheese, 2 or 3 tbs. Sprinkle with sweetener of choice and cinnamon. That's my breakfast and I love it. It reminds me of a cheese danish.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Either with sunflower seeds, or salsa. Both a total yum!