The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    I started taking ONE potassium pill 500 mg, took the first one today, will see if that helps...
    I am no where near the required 3500 mg per day of potassium, I did notice that while tracking my food on MFP.
    Natalie
  • soon2bmrsc
    Options
    BUMP!
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    just ordered the book & i am going to give this a try. If I could get down to 130lbs (a healthy BMI) I would be less worried about the pre hypertension I had last fall at 150lbs. If it works I want to pass it on to my mom too. She has been trying so hard- good diet a lot of exercise for over a year and hasn't lost more then 2 pounds. I have been doing turbo fire with good results- I love it and I am a bit worried there won't be enough cals in phase 1 for me to keep doing it. I can not stop the turbo fire or i am afraid i will not pick it back up again after this first phase. I guess we will see. Good luck all!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I read this diet isn't suitable for diabetes ... is it suitable for people with insulin resistence?

Actually my mom is a diabetic and her sugar went from a daily reading of 200 and was at 120 today...Hope that helps

Yes it does help thanks alot! =) great news for mum!!! =)
  • forgiven4life
    Options

There are going to be times where you want to cheat, but I can tell you for the most part, eating clean will diminish your cravings significantly. I really do love healthy food and I have enjoyed eating this way immensly. I really could see myself eating this way for life. The book really does transform your thinking about food and eating. Don't be intimidated, really! You CAN do it! You have a lot of people here for support as well.

Thank you! I like eating healthy too. Bad food has something in it to where it makes you want to eat more bad food. it's hard to get back on track once you're off. how long have you been on the diet and how much have you lost?

I'm nearing the end of my first 17 days and I have lost almost 6 lbs. Which I actually think is great considering I have had 4 cheat days (couldn't resist the Easter candy!). If I had stayed completely on the diet, I probably would have lost more. But before the 17 DD, it would have taken me 2 mths or more to lose 6 lbs. I kept teetering back and forth. I still have a few days left on C1 and am hoping I can stay completely on it and lose a couple of more lbs.
  • kpark
    kpark Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    OK people, the Breakstone liveactive cottage cheese is VERY GOOD! our walmart has the big containers but i bought the single servings just to check it out first. YUM! It's not runny at all, very thick and tasty! I may have to still get the single servings because i would want to eat more than I'm supposed to! I like yogurt but it's a nice break from that.
  • grabbit97
    Options
    I am on day 16 of the c1 one part of this journey. I think, (think) that I lost another lb, total for the 15 days is now 7, not sure, but am very happy, would like to lose ONE more, before I am done tomorrow with c1.. and on to the next part of the journey.

I have had some numbness in my fingers and cramps in my legs, wondered if it was a potassium defiency so I went to the store and bought some potassium pills… see if that helps..

Natalie
  • carasimpson87
    Options
    I am new to this website what is the 17-day diet and where do i find this information at for it... I am very interested in it also...
  • grabbit97
    Options
    I am new to this website what is the 17-day diet and where do i find this information at for it... I am very interested in it also...

You can buy the book at amazon.com, or download it for your kindle at the same place.
    I am on day 16 of c1, and have lost 7 lbs (haven't weighed), but I am 60+ and it has worked like a charm.
    Natalie
  • Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    :happy: Hi all

I am on C1 D7 and as of this morning I am down 6 pounds. I am so excited, this really encourages me to press forward. I went grocery shopping for the new week and pick up a few more veggies to snack on during the work week. I am truley hoping that during my next 7 days I see a 6 to 10 pound lost.

Good luck to the other 17DD participants...:happy:
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Congrats Ladyap28 - you will see a big loss at the end!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi all

I am on C1 D7 and as of this morning I am down 6 pounds. I am so excited, this really encourages me to press forward. I went grocery shopping for the new week and pick up a few more veggies to snack on during the work week. I am truley hoping that during my next 7 days I see a 6 to 10 pound lost.

Good luck to the other 17DD participants...:happy:

Awesome! You go girl!
    Keep us posted on your success!
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • raksha
    raksha Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi All!

I am on C1D3 and am down 2 lbs!!! The first day I had a headsche in the afternoon, and was craving crabs- I didn't give in!! By day 2 I I wasn't craving anything sweet/craby in the afternoon (my hardest time) and I didn't feel hungry. I have been excercising about 30 minutes a day on the elliptical machine. Excited to see the progress after just two days!! :happy:

R
    p.s. my NSV-went to the movies this weekend and didn't eat any junk (i :heart: popcorn) took some veggies (jicama is my new frerind, yum!!!).
  • naedeeny
    naedeeny Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello all!!

Today is my first day on this diet. I decided to give it a try after reading through so many positive reviews within this thread.

Good luck :)
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 17 of C1 and can't wait to start C2 tomorrow! I lost 7 pounds on this cycle - I would've preferred 10 but apparently I'm not eating enough so I am making a point to get my cals to 1200 net per day and hopefully I will see some more losses soon. I did have one little cheat last night with a couple drinks and some exotic vegetable chips. But overall, really easy to stick to. I'm happy I made it!
  • bluespring
    Options
    Hi All!

I am on C1D3 and am down 2 lbs!!! The first day I had a headsche in the afternoon, and was craving crabs- I didn't give in!! By day 2 I I wasn't craving anything sweet/craby in the afternoon (my hardest time) and I didn't feel hungry. I have been excercising about 30 minutes a day on the elliptical machine. Excited to see the progress after just two days!! :happy:

R
    p.s. my NSV-went to the movies this weekend and didn't eat any junk (i :heart: popcorn) took some veggies (jicama is my new frerind, yum!!!).

Awesome for the first few days!
    Good job at the movies too.
    This lifestyle change will be challenging...but you can do it!
    Good luck!
  • bluespring
    Options
    I am on Day 17 of C1 and can't wait to start C2 tomorrow! I lost 7 pounds on this cycle - I would've preferred 10 but apparently I'm not eating enough so I am making a point to get my cals to 1200 net per day and hopefully I will see some more losses soon. I did have one little cheat last night with a couple drinks and some exotic vegetable chips. But overall, really easy to stick to. I'm happy I made it!

Awesome!
    Great job!
    Good luck with C2.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Does anyone know about the green tea? hot? cold? does it matter? sweetened? unsweetened? Anyone not drink it? I am not a fan but will drink it I have to? :bigsmile: Thank you! starting today! :tongue:
  • jcastro84
    jcastro84 Posts: 4
    Options
    Diannerv. I just drink the lipton mixed berry and citrus diet green tea. I am not sure if that is what you are "supposed" to have but my husband and I are doing it together and he wont drink any other kind. I started on Monday and have already lost 7 pounds. I started the diet only looking to help me loose 10 pounds or so and it was worked wonderfully!! Hope that helps.