The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just got home from a my 12 hour bar shift... Working my *kitten* off is a good calorie burn. I just want to say goodnight and that I'm always happy to see the official night shift thread in full effect!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Checking in!!!!
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just got home from a my 12 hour bar shift... Working my *kitten* off is a good calorie burn. I just want to say goodnight and that I'm always happy to see the official night shift thread in full effect!

Bartending is a great exercise! Get your rest in!

• harlequin0318
    Options
    ZooksBrah wrote: »
    my car's washers are broke

I'm going to die i bet

Like the wipers themselves or the wiper fluid sprayers orrrr?

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

I'm going to die i bet

The sprayers are broke and dont shoot out enough fluid to clean my windshield lol
  • harlequin0318
    Options

I'm going to die i bet

The sprayers are broke and dont shoot out enough fluid to clean my windshield lol

Dude, those are easy to fix - assuming that they are just clogged. Pop em out and soak in CLR...or just buy new ones...or die :|

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Starting my shift. 7.5 hrs to go. It's just 1 to 2 peeps on the night crew in a large 3 story building I work at. Hearing things go bump in the night can be a bit nerve-wracking, especially on the weekends when it's super quiet. Heard some pretty scary sounds earlier tonight. The Keurig coffee machine made some weird, dying-like noises. :open_mouth: It's still functioning...for now.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Snack attack time!!
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    or you can literally run CLR through the system, but I'm not sure whether that will ruin the lines in the long run
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    or you can literally run CLR through the system, but I'm not sure whether that will ruin the lines in the long run

the actual hose is messed up.

I have no choice but death... lol i'll have to manage with the teeny tiny bit i get out of them i guess
  • harlequin0318
    Options

the actual hose is messed up.

I have no choice but death... lol i'll have to manage with the teeny tiny bit i get out of them i guess

That or fill a spray bottle with rain X and spray your windshield while driving down the icy roads. I wish you luck lol
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    i'll be living on the edge
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    i'll be living on the edge

Best of luck to ya with it, but, Zooks, man, you have that song in my head now. (yeah...it's super easy for me to get an earworm...*sigh*)

It's off to the fax and then another department with me, my girl's labs were just sent. That's my que. See you all in a few.
  • hot4fitness2
    hot4fitness2 Posts: 528 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ok one of my traumatic brain injury patients was able to call a taxi to take him from Nebraska to Iowa. He gave the taxi driver the address from my business card. And.... guess what came to the hospital to pick up my patient... LOL Not a happy cab driver that's for sure. Gotta love the night shift on the TBI unit!
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Starting my shift. 7.5 hrs to go. It's just 1 to 2 peeps on the night crew in a large 3 story building I work at. Hearing things go bump in the night can be a bit nerve-wracking, especially on the weekends when it's super quiet. Heard some pretty scary sounds earlier tonight. The Keurig coffee machine made some weird, dying-like noises. :open_mouth: It's still functioning...for now.

That's one seriously understaffed building for an overnight. Secuuuuurityyyy
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

My last job was like that. We had 6 floors with only 2 of us working. There were times when I ran down the hallway to get to the next lit area because I was so freaked out. There had been reports of mental health clients being in the building for who knows what reason after hours.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Still here.. Swearing that I'll go eat soon, but I'm too lazy to.
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    Checking in! Had burger king today - totally blew my calories for the day, but it was soooo good.
  • SubZeroDude
    Options
    I messed up friday, shouldve slept more and now I'm absolutely needing energy drinks
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    yup, im way tired, only slept 6 hours, and i want to sleep 12 lol