Karina_isela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. I will eat a little bit when I go to the Mexican Restaurant
    2. Stay Positive.
    3. Stay Active.
  • smjones02
    Options
    Wow! Joan6630! I so needed this today! Today is the day I decided to take control of food as it's taking control of me!! I do so well at the gym but I've nothing to show due to the binge eating out of comfort and emotional unhappiness.... Your way of thinking allows you to take baby steps.. I too have a goal in mind for Xmas and I'm hoping it's not too late.. I just need to minus the sugary rubbish I consume after the healthy things I do have! If I do this I will surely reach my goal! Today I have logged my food and feel good I've managed day 1! Onwards and upwards I hope!! X
  • Jezebellahh
    Options
    1. I will volunteer to walk my dog.
    2. I will drink eight cups of water.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is what I need.

Just For Today:
    I will drink 8 - 8 oz glasses of water
    I will log all food and will keep my nutitional values in check
    I will log at least 6000 steps
    Just For Today
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    smjones02 wrote: »
    Wow! Joan6630! I so needed this today! Today is the day I decided to take control of food as it's taking control of me!! I do so well at the gym but I've nothing to show due to the binge eating out of comfort and emotional unhappiness.... Your way of thinking allows you to take baby steps.. I too have a goal in mind for Xmas and I'm hoping it's not too late.. I just need to minus the sugary rubbish I consume after the healthy things I do have! If I do this I will surely reach my goal! Today I have logged my food and feel good I've managed day 1! Onwards and upwards I hope!! X

Great job on day 1! I am like that also - I can do so well the entire day, only to eat too much in the evening. I have to take this one day at a time - and look at only the positives! So glad you joined us. We can do this - one day at a time!
  • Monkieboo2014
    Monkieboo2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love it! Working on some reasonable just for today goals. Great idea.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Todays JFT list (Sat 11/15)
    1. I will drink water instead of stress eating -- DONE :smile: :smile:
    2. Even though it is cold outside, I will either do 20 minutes on the ellipitical, OR I will go for a brisk, but cold walk' --DONE :smile: :smile:
    3. I will plan my meals for the week before heading to the groc store -- DONE :smile: :smile:

I made it through the nite with no POPCORN!!

SO JFT (Sunday, 11/16)

1. No matter how cold, I am going to go on a walk - minumum of 30 minutes
    2. Prepare the meals I had planned for tomorrow, and stick with my plan
    3. If I decide to have popcorn, limit it to ONE cup
    4. Chew gum

Good luck all you guys! And hopefully everyone can stay warm. We are suppose to get more snow, and below average temps again! So I will have to really bundle up for my walk, but, I am going to do it!

You doing amazing, Joan! I love your popcorn goal,YOU CAN DO this! When we go to the movies hubby wants to get a bucket full of popcorn! I eat MOST of it! My little grandson loves popcorn too and can make his own, lol. He's ONLY four so it runs in the family!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    11/15

1. JFT - Morning run :):)
    2. JFT - Get my bathrooms done that I didn't do today! :)
    3. JFT - I will bake for the week healthy! :):)
    11/16

1. JFT - Get a walk in plus my protein shake
    2. Go through my pictures! This might take me a couple months, lol.
    3. Remember the scale is evil, I won't throw it out the window, lol, NO big deal!!! :\:\
    4. Eat lunch at home!!!! (We have a lot of errands to get done)

Today, I baked a recipe a friend gave to me finally! Healthy cookies, yes! Plus one bathroom is done and even started on the kitchen! Well, since we won't be in Las Vegas next Thanksgiving, we are going out with a bunch of friends, yikes! Boy, do I need to plan this, lol.

I kept busy all day with organizing so NOT nibbling wasn't hard! Tomorrow is a new day so we'll see! I love this group, reading everyone's posts keep me going, thanks!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    SO JFT (Sunday, 11/16)

1. No matter how cold, I am going to go on a walk - minumum of 30 minutes -- DONE :smile: :smile:
    2. Prepare the meals I had planned for tomorrow, and stick with my plan -- DONE :smile: :smile:
    3. If I decide to have popcorn, limit it to ONE cup - Well -- I did have 2 cups. :(
    4. Chew gum - Forgot to do this!! Have to work harder on doing this one!

JFT - Monday, 11/17
    I got my walk in yesterday, even though it was very cold. But tomorrow's high is suppose to be 20 degrees, with windchills in the teens, so I probably won't get my walking in.

1. My ellipitical is in a unheated patio room, but I am going to try and dress warm, and get in a Minimum of 10 minutes.
    2. Remember to CHEW GUM instead of eating
    3. Work harder at getting in my water.

My biggest problem is the evening. Hubby wants popcorn. I think it has become a bad habit with us. And he does not like the microwave stuff, or I would just make him a small bag. I am going to have to muster up more willpower, and drink tons of water!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    11/15

1. JFT - Morning run :):)
    2. JFT - Get my bathrooms done that I didn't do today! :)
    3. JFT - I will bake for the week healthy! :):)
    11/16

1. JFT - Get a walk in plus my protein shake
    2. Go through my pictures! This might take me a couple months, lol.
    3. Remember the scale is evil, I won't throw it out the window, lol, NO big deal!!! :\:\
    4. Eat lunch at home!!!! (We have a lot of errands to get done)

Today, I baked a recipe a friend gave to me finally! Healthy cookies, yes! Plus one bathroom is done and even started on the kitchen! Well, since we won't be in Las Vegas next Thanksgiving, we are going out with a bunch of friends, yikes! Boy, do I need to plan this, lol.

I kept busy all day with organizing so NOT nibbling wasn't hard! Tomorrow is a new day so we'll see! I love this group, reading everyone's posts keep me going, thanks!

You do so great!! You are inspiring me to keep going! When are you moving? Sounds like a lot of work, but also will be fun. I've lived in the same house for 38 years, so the thought of moving would scare me - we have way too much stuff!
    Good luck on all the packing. Thanks for being such a inspiration to all of us!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and it's a great idea! I cut sugar and white flour from my diet on Aug 8th, and as a result, I've been feeling so much more in control of my eating. I'm tempted occasionally, of course, so
    Just for today:
    I won't allow myself to think, "just this once won't matter."
    I will drink 9 cups of water
    I will practice gratitude

Thanks Joan, and good luck to you with the hubby and the popcorn. The aroma of freshly popped corn is hard to ignore. Could you talk him into every other night? That way, you share in the discomfort 50/50. Maybe he would enjoy a different snack that isn't so tempting to you.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, Joan! For whatever reason, this is really working for me. After the first day of meeting my three JFT goals, I was surprised at how easy it was. Only three little things and only for one day. The next day I thought I could do it again and I did. I feel much more hopeful now.

Today I'm going to add one more thing that I can do just this one day. I'm going to extend my elliptical session to 45 minutes.
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i wrote mine in differant tread i guess two day in row but atleast i no .
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Thanks for this, Joan! For whatever reason, this is really working for me. After the first day of meeting my three JFT goals, I was surprised at how easy it was. Only three little things and only for one day. The next day I thought I could do it again and I did. I feel much more hopeful now.

Today I'm going to add one more thing that I can do just this one day. I'm going to extend my elliptical session to 45 minutes.

Wow - 45 minutes would be great! My ellipitical is in our unheated patio room - it is 25 degrees out there! But this afternoon when the sun is shining, and hopefully warming it up some, I am going to get out there. I usually set my goal for 10 minutes, and end up doing 20. So - since you are shooting for 45 minutes, I am going to try and do 30 minutes - JUST FOR TODAY!
    - Great job you are doing!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT - Monday, 11/17
    1. My ellipitical is in a unheated patio room, but I am going to try and dress warm, and get in a Minimum of 10 minutes. To Match Ithames0810 - I am going to try and do 30 minutes!
    2. Remember to CHEW GUM instead of eating
    3. Work harder at getting in my water.

So far today, I have drank 6 glasses of water!! YAH!
  • kpiepmeier
    kpiepmeier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind if I join in! We use this concept in my job (Safety) - Zero Incidents Today! Great idea to use it for my weight loss as well!

JFT - I will not be intimidated or worry about what other people think when I work out. I will just do my best and take it one day at a time.
    JFT - I will stick to my diet and NO SNACKS!
    JFT - I will keep a POSITIVE outlook!

Thanks!
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    JFT - I will not let the number on the scale bother me.
    JFT - i will beat my best time on the elliptical
    JFT - I will not sit on the couch the whole night - even though the temp outside is -12 with the windchill :(
  • sunshineta44
    sunshineta44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So how did you guys do on your Just today! I did pretty good. I got my exercise in - what I wanted to do was 10 min on the ellipitical each morning. This morning I did 20, plus 10 on my exercise bike. I wrote everything down. And for me, the biggest thing was no popcorn or snack tonite. I went for a walk after dinner, which helped some. But I am SO hungry - but I know it is just a habit. I drank a lot of water, and still hungry, so I cleaned and cleaned! The bathroom drawers really needed cleaning and organizing, so around 9pm, which I could have died for some popcorn, that is what I did. And you know what - I really don't feel nearly as hungry. I still feel hungry, but, I know I had enough food for today, so I am going to try and ignore that hunger - because I know it is just a habit that I am determined to break.

So I am posting my goals for tomorrow for Just One Day - Wednesday, Oct 16.
    1. I will once again get up, and try to do at least 10 minutes on the ellipitical. If I can do more, great, but I will plan for at least 10 minutes before starting work.
    2. I am really going to work harder on my water - just for today. This is something I really struggle with a lot. So for one day, I am going to work on drinking minimum of 8 glasses. One of you guys wrote that, and that is something I really need to work on.
    3. I am going to log all my food, and once again, NO POPCORN or snack before bed. I know it is not hunger - because I eat enough during the day. It is just a habit, which in time, I am hoping to break. I know there will still be times when I want popcorn at nite, and will have it, but just for today - no snacks.

I hope you guys all had great days. Think of how great we will all feel by Christmas, and hopefully by then, these will become habits that we won't even have to think about to do! And -- we will look and feel great!!

• sunshineta44
    sunshineta44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope I am posting this correctly just for today I found this blog and I hope it does me justice I have logged in all my food on a fitness calendar on the computer and I'm trying to do the same thing like everyone else and drop some pounds before Christmas about 50 pounds I'd like to lose in total I don't do much exercise anymore been weeks but I was getting into a three mile run every other day and 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical in the garage I want to keep this going I need to lose weight so I need encouragement will be helpfulI currently weigh 207 and was under 200 for about 2 months and screwed up so I'm trying to get back under that number 2...first time I joined somrthig like this
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just for today- I will take my dog on a walk around the block.
    Just for today- I will not eat too many turkey tacos.

:)