Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• LaurenJB2014
    LaurenJB2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Update: I have no idea where the pot luck was even situated at. Also, I enjoyed a nice long walk afer work.

Thank you again for this idea.

• LaurenJB2014
    LaurenJB2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup definitely mean to post that last one! Oops.

But LOVE this thread.

Bit late for today but going to start this tomorrow!
  • Letsdothis1984
    Letsdothis1984 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I like to "snack" in the evening so what I started doing is eating fiber cereal. Not the sugary kind, the bran psyllium buds. I add some cinnamon and eat it with a hot cup of tea and it takes away my desire to eat bad in the evening. You could always give that a try on those days you really need to "snack" and great job at taking it one day at a time!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Just for today, I will eat no carbs.
    Just for today, I will work in exercise.

Have a good day everyone. It's only one day....
  • roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will not beat myself up for falling off the wagon eating my kids halloween candy because that was just for today and now I am done! I enjoyed it....but now I am done....moving on! :)

• ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    As a binge eater, just for today I will do my ego state therapy.
  • losingrae
    Options
    roksfarm wrote: »
    Just for today:
    I will not beat myself up for falling off the wagon eating my kids halloween candy because that was just for today and now I am done! I enjoyed it....but now I am done....moving on! :)

GOOD one!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,026 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I love this idea! I WILL post my list the night BEFORE and go BACK that night to see how everyone's done!

Just for Today (Tues 11/4)

1. Will wake up early for my run!
    2. If I NEED to snack at night it will be fruit!
    3. I WILL take one day at a time FORGET these last couple of weeks! I CAN do this!

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

David Frost

• cowboymouth1
    Options
    JFT I will log everything I eat.
    JFT I will do my toning and cardio workouts and log them as well.
    JFT I will accomplish (at least)1 task that I have been avoiding.
    JFT I will stay mindful and live in the moment, not worrying about tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    I had been in Michigan visiting grandkids, and fell totally off the wagon. Way too much halloween candy, McDonalds, Pizza, etc. I was hoping the candy would be gone at my house when I got home, but hubby and daughter saved me some. Wasn't that nice of them - NOT!!

SO.. just for today
    I will not beat myself up for overeating.
    I will start each day fresh, and not look back, only look forward at the 20 lbs I have lost so far
    I will log everything I eat
    I will do minimum of 10 minutes on my ellipitical
  • losingrae
    Options
    Just for today, I will think I am spectacular and be social and inviting when I meet new people, instead of hiding like a mouse. :)
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this thread!! I have been off the wagon for about 3 months now. And I am dying to get back on!

Just for today, upon returning from work I will NOT convince myself that I am too tired to go for a run and can start again tomorrow.

Just for today I will not have a SINGLE piece of leftover Halloween candy. (It was snowing here in Chicago and I only had ONE trick or treater and 4 bags of candy!)

Just for today I will not "forget" (I really don't forget I just remember late at night and am too lazy to get up and do it) to make my lunch for tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    So happy so many are joining us in this thread. I really need to get back doing this. I was going to make another suggestion. While we post our "Just for today" list, do you guys think if we all posted how we did the day before? So we are accountable doing the things we listed?
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will log everything that goes in my mouth.
  • losingrae
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So happy so many are joining us in this thread. I really need to get back doing this. I was going to make another suggestion. While we post our "Just for today" list, do you guys think if we all posted how we did the day before? So we are accountable doing the things we listed?

I like it. Hopefully will keep people coming back. I like reading what everyone is working on.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I love this idea! I WILL post my list the night BEFORE and go BACK that night to see how everyone's done!

Just for Today (Tues 11/4)

1. Will wake up early for my run!
    2. If I NEED to snack at night it will be fruit!
    3. I WILL take one day at a time FORGET these last couple of weeks! I CAN do this!

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

David Frost

Yay, for me!! I was able to get my run in! It takes a lot for me to get up early for my run! Once I'm up AND OUT it feels awesome! The tempts been down in the upper 40's so it does wake me up, lol.

• bmalone62
    bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Love this, and would love to do this everyday! :smile:

1. Just for today, I will do 30-45 minutes of exercise (one of my Turbofire videos).
    2. Just for today, I will prepare a healthy lunch to take to work tomorrow.
    3. Just for today, I will drink a minimum of 100 ounces of water (currently at 40).

Thanks for the idea about Water!! I need to add this onto my list as well. I always forget to drink my water - probably what leads to overeating at nighttime!

• bmalone62
    bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Since it's 9 pm here and I had a good day today my just for today is for tomorrow. Just for today I will walk 10,000 steps and drink at least 48 oz of water (trying to build up to 64).
  • Kathryn78Rockdale
    Options
    This is great, thank you for posting it.
    I have 20lbs to loose, but want to loose 8-10lbs by Christmas. I too have a sugar addiction, and once I start eating it I can not stop. I also make lots of excuses about exercise. So my Just For Today will be
    - Walk for 30 mins
    - Eat only 2 biscuits
    - Do 20 squats using the squat rack and 20 chest press, pushing 7.5-10lbs.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today
    11/5
    1.Do 15 mins of Gazelle!
    2. Do NOT buy ice cream, when I go grocery shopping!
    3. Make HEALTHY food choices! ( NO CANDY)
    4. Start going through my closet to get rid of things that DON'T fit!

@Joan, I love the idea of posting the day before so we could accountable for doing the things we listed. How old are your grand babies? My little man LOVES ice cream so when I move near him, I might be trouble, lol.

@Kathryn, I want to lose 10 pounds by Christmas too. We can do this!!!!