Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love this idea..just for today I will drink 16oz.of water. Just for today I will walk 4 flights of stairs.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    JFT i will not eat sweets
    JFT I will not hate my body
    JFT I will beat my best time on the elliptical.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    what a brilliant idea, i'm now about to get ready for bed but i'm in for tomorrow :)
  • Karen64Lynn
    Karen64Lynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! Just for today I will drink more water and get up more often at work to just move!
  • cjstaylor
    Options
    All these goals inspire me! I love this idea. Here are mine:

Just for today, I will get a full 8 hours of sleep.
    Just for today, I will bring my lunch to work instead of eating out.
    Just for today, I will walk instead of taking the bus.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    So glad this got restarted - I just figured there was no one wanting to participate. I have had a week of really bad eating, so I really need to be reminded that if I can do this, just one day, that I can succeed. So after eating too many pumpkin creme candies, ice cream, not logging my food, I am going to start fresh tomorrow. I have about 15-20 more lbs I really want to lose. So thank you the ones that restarted this thread. So very happy to hear of others goals - it helps me to stay focused as well.

So ... just for tomorrow ...

1. I am going to log EVERYTHING that I eat. No matter what it is, how little, etc. Every little bite counts.
    2. I am going to get up in the morning again, and start my day with at least 10 minutes on the ellipitical or exercise bike. I know I have to make this become a habit to do everyday. When I do start my day out this way, I tend to eat better as well. So 10 minutes - even running in place, anything before I take a shower and go to work.
    3. I am going to work extra hard at drinking my water. I have such a hard time with drinking water, so I am going to put 3 of my large glasses filled with water in the refrigerator to be sure I get my 8 glasses drank.
    4. I am not going to look back at my failures this week. Tomorrow is a new day.
    5. Tomorrow morning, I am going to look again at my promises, just for today, and never give up.

• Jubee13
    Jubee13 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater, too. I was having a really hard day, wanting to forget this whole thing and binge, when I saw this thread. I knew I could get through that one day, and I did! I didn't go over my calories and didn't binge! It has helped me so much! When I don't feel like working out, I have been thinking, "I'll do it this one day." So simple, yet so profound!
    So...
    Just for today I will track my calories and stay under my goal.
    Just for today I will focus on eating healthy foods.
  • nogreenthumb
    Options
    Just for today I will be mindful of my money and not spend on silly items
    Just for today I will start working out
    Just for today I will try harder
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I posted my list last nite, but to remind myself that I NEED to do this ... just for today...

I am going to record Everything I eat, and write it down.
    2. When I want to grab ice cream or other stuff, I will drink a glass of water, wait 10 minutes, and remind myself if I am really hungry, or if this is just a craving. Because for me, 1 ice cream leads to an additional 500-1000 calorie binge.
    3. I will only look forward, and not let the past week stop my efforts.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just for today ..
    I will not have a rockstar energy drink
    I will workout twice (already completed my AM cardio)
    I will think positively about myself.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just for today....
    I will get in more steps toward my daily goal.
    I will drink 4 (22oz) glasses of water.
    I will prepare healthy food in advance.
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just for today...
    I will go outside for my walk/run as the sun is shining!
    I will drink 3 full water bottles.
  • cleanathlete
    Options
    This is epic!
    Just for today, I will eat mindfully
    Just for today, I will run and not grow weary
    Just for today, I will log my intake & output
    Just for today, I will listen to Christmas music to uplift my spirits
  • glorifybody14
    glorifybody14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One day at a time-
    Start with the little picture and I will receive the BIG picture!
  • rockstrong
    rockstrong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I seriously need motivation. Haven't logged my intake since July and I've let myself go, gaining instead of losing weight. I'm a sugar addict and late night binger. Thanks for this blog!

Just for today I will not consume sweets.
    Just for today I will increase my exercise time.
    Just for today I will menu plan for the weekend. :)

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. I will live within my calories
    2. Refocus on the reasons as to why I want to stay motivated
    3. Look back on the day and feel that I moved in a positive direction mentally and physically
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will log what I eat. (back to basics)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I had a terrible week last week, so I need to really focus on one day at a time. I got into Halloween candy, which just lead to a week of unhealthy eating. My weight is up almost 3 lbs

So... just for today...
    1. Log every bite that I put into my mouth - including the Klondkike bar I just ate for breakfast!
    2. No matter how tired I am tonite, do at least 10 minutes on the ellipitical, or since it is a beautiful day, 60 minute walk.
    3. drink at least my 8 glasses of water.
    4. when I want to grab candy or ice cream, drink 2 large glasses of water first, and wait 10 minutes!

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I struggled all of last week, because I didn't even have the desire to log or care what I ate. This morning, I am back on it. I am tired of the on/off that happens to me constantly, but I guess as long as I return to being back on, I'm still fighting the good fight.

Just for today, I will not eat carbs.
    Just for today, I will log what I eat.

Today is a new day, and a new week. Everyone come back and join me!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    :)

Is this a group or just a thread! Whatever it is, I like it! I'm not going to post anything, but I will keep these words in my mind!