Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, Joan! For whatever reason, this is really working for me. After the first day of meeting my three JFT goals, I was surprised at how easy it was. Only three little things and only for one day. The next day I thought I could do it again and I did. I feel much more hopeful now.

Today I'm going to add one more thing that I can do just this one day. I'm going to extend my elliptical session to 45 minutes.

Wow - 45 minutes would be great! My ellipitical is in our unheated patio room - it is 25 degrees out there! But this afternoon when the sun is shining, and hopefully warming it up some, I am going to get out there. I usually set my goal for 10 minutes, and end up doing 20. So - since you are shooting for 45 minutes, I am going to try and do 30 minutes - JUST FOR TODAY!
    - Great job you are doing!

How on earth do you work out in a 25 degree patio room? You should get double calorie burns for that. Too bad it doesn't work that way. Now that I think about it, maybe you do burn more when you exercise while freezing. You know, shivering and stuff?

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I hope I am posting this correctly just for today I found this blog and I hope it does me justice I have logged in all my food on a fitness calendar on the computer and I'm trying to do the same thing like everyone else and drop some pounds before Christmas about 50 pounds I'd like to lose in total I don't do much exercise anymore been weeks but I was getting into a three mile run every other day and 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical in the garage I want to keep this going I need to lose weight so I need encouragement will be helpfulI currently weigh 207 and was under 200 for about 2 months and screwed up so I'm trying to get back under that number 2...first time I joined somrthig like this

I have 50 pounds to lose, too. It seems like a monumental project when you look at that number or at the length of time it may take, but don't get ahead of yourself or dwell on past disappointments. You only have to worry about what you will do today. You've got this.

• DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will make sure I am within my calorie goals. Just for today I will make sure I get some exercise. Just for today I will not be a couch potato!... (much)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,015 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    11/16

1. JFT - Get a walk in plus my protein shake Yes :):D
    2. Go through my pictures! This might take me a couple months, lol. No :'(:'(
    3. Remember the scale is evil, I won't throw it out the window, lol, NO big deal!!! :\:\
    4. Eat lunch at home!!!! (We have a lot of errands to get done) No :'(:'(

Today was extremely hard to stay focus, I manage to even though we went out for lunch, I managed to eat some what healthy at McDonalds, yay! Plus tonight hubby was snacking chips/cake! I did have a couple of Pringles but if. I would of had more, I would of been in trouble, lol.

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I met my water goal today! Since the weather is cooler, I seem to be avoiding water, but making the "JFT" commitment helped. Tomorrow I'm pledging:
    JFT I will drink 9 + cups of water.
    JFT I will weigh or measure every bite. No guessing!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    • I will do Day 2 of BeFit in 90
    • I will do 30 minutes of cardio after BeFit
    • I will cook my dinner
    • I will have fruit for dessert
  • LovingLifeLivingHealthy
    Options
    JFT I will not buy any junk food while shopping.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. I will remember to drink my water! It's also hard for me since the weathers cooler!
    2. I will remember to take my protein drink!
    3. I will keep MOVING throughout the day!
  • floralfriday
    floralfriday Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will stay within my calorie goal.
    Just for today I will NOT go rummaging in the cupboards after dinner. I will take a tea up to bed, instead :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    JFT - Yesterday
    1. My ellipitical is in a unheated patio room, but I am going to try and dress warm, and get in a Minimum of 10 minutes. :smiley: DONE! I walked 45 minutes outside,and did 15 minutes on the ellipitical.
    2. Remember to CHEW GUM instead of eating :smiley: DONE! Did this most of the day, and it worked. But its evening when I struggle
    3. Work harder at getting in my water. :smiley: Drank more water yesterday, but I need to work on this more

so

JFT
    1. Work harder at drinking water
    2. Chew gum - IN THE EVENING. This is when I seem to eat, and ruin my entire day. So I have to figure out things to keep busy enough not to snack
    3. It is 16 degrees out today. SO I am going to try and find a online exercise video to do instead of going outside
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been MIA. A little disheartened, but I'm gonna stick to it...

JFT - I will stick to my calorie goals.
    JFT - I will do a walk after dinner
    JFT - My self worth will not be determined by the scale.

Carry on, my friends.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    JFT - i will stick to my calorie goal.
    JFT - i will not be mad at myself
    JFT - i will enjoy my night with my husband & kids, since i woke up early and worked out.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    11/18
    Just for today!
    1. I will make time for my walk!
    2. I will make time for myself to night!
    3. I will get lots of healthy snacks when shopping today!

Yesterday, was a success yes, yes, yes! On the way home last night hubby wanted to GET KFC! We did for him, ONLY, he keep saying are you sure, almost but no! YES YES The scale showed it this more, yay!!!! I'm a pound away from my maintenance. It's my HIGH end but at least the scale is going the RIGHT way!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    8p13x08yd4j5.jpg
    I hope I am posting this correctly just for today I found this blog and I hope it does me justice I have logged in all my food on a fitness calendar on the computer and I'm trying to do the same thing like everyone else and drop some pounds before Christmas about 50 pounds I'd like to lose in total I don't do much exercise anymore been weeks but I was getting into a three mile run every other day and 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical in the garage I want to keep this going I need to lose weight so I need encouragement will be helpfulI currently weigh 207 and was under 200 for about 2 months and screwed up so I'm trying to get back under that number 2...first time I joined somrthig like this

I have 50 pounds to lose, too. It seems like a monumental project when you look at that number or at the length of time it may take, but don't get ahead of yourself or dwell on past disappointments. You only have to worry about what you will do today. You've got this.

We can do,this take day by day AND one pound at a time!!!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    GrammaJackie - thanks for all the quotes! I really needed that today. I did really good yesterday, until evening. Hubby was gone, and I got into the ice cream - 2 large bowls! And, with it being 16 degrees outside, no exercise. I sewed instead, but did not do my exercise videos like I had wanted to.

So am a slump. Good thing the scale has not gone up since Halloween, but I gained back about 4 lbs at Halloween, and those 4 lbs are still there. I am only 15 lbs away from my highest goal weight, so I need to keep going.

SO
    JFT

1. I will drink more water
    2. I am going to try and fix dinner later in the evening. We eat around 5-5:30, but both hubby and I stay up very late - midnight or after. So I am thinking maybe we are eating too early. So tonite, I am going to try and hold off dinner until at least 6pm
    3. Chew gum!
    4. Not let the winter blues keep me from reaching my goal
  • kpiepmeier
    kpiepmeier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looks like this page switched? i would love to join!

JFT - I will keep within my calorie range
    JFT - I will complete my workout tonight with as much as I can put into it (not just run through)
    JFT - No snacks!

Thanks!
    Kim
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT
    1 stay within my calories
    2. drink more water
    3. think positive
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    just for today i wont focus just on food ,
    just for to day i will get things done .
    just for today stick to calorie goal .
  • threemonthjourney
    Options
    just for today:

1. i will log everything i eat down and stick to my calorie goal.
    2. i will not eat during and after work.
    3. i will get home from work and go to bed, or read a book and then go to bed!
  • kpiepmeier
    kpiepmeier Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    JFT - I will stick to my calorie goal
    JFT - I will not let the stress of the day get to me and enjoy all these crazy moments for what they are - such a blessing!
    JFT - I will do a random act of kindness - because that always makes me feel good and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything!