Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge! :)

Options

Replies

• mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to this site but I love HP and hope to reach my first mini-goal around that time so why not!
    I haven't really posted, not much of a poster in message boards anyway, but I'll try.

CW: 219
    GW: 208 (25% of total pounds to lose)

Melanie
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    I like the idea of the 4 houses; but speaking from experience of tracking a challenge - don't make it too complicated for Uno to track. This is a large group and will take a lot of Uno's time just to track each week's weight loss.

My suggestion - based on the initial list of people; Uno should evenly split the group into the 4 houses. As people drop out/jump in, Uno just tries to keep the 4 houses evenly balanced. It's all for fun...so we shouldn't get too critical. I believe weight loss should equate to points earned for each house; nothing more. Again, this will be a lot for Uno to track.

I'm OK with being in any house. Let the house-challenge smack talk begin!! :smokin: :wink: :laugh:

Yeah I know itll be a lot to track.. hopefully splitting it up so that someone else is in charge of recording for each house will make it easier.. lol we dont expect uno to trac all four houses.. in the end hopefully it'll make it easier
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Sounds good... Maybe I will just post everyone this week and we can just take each 20-25 and make that a house... :) I will post everyone's weights tomorrow afternoon and we can see what we have.. :)
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Could we have a thread for each house? That would make it not only easier for the heads of households but less confusing for the rest of us as well. Then maybe at the weekly weigh in's the HoH's could all post their teams progress and individual weigh loss for their members here into the main HP challenge thread? It would result in everyone taking part in 2 threads instead of one (this main thread, and their household thread) but it would be a lot less confusing as to who are team mates are etc.

This may be what was intended anyway, but if not, it's an idea.

Or/and if everyone was willing, adding our houses to our signatures would also make identifying team mates easy enough.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the houses. I vote for keeping the points simple either pounds loss or percentage.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    uno.. sounds awesome.. you make the list and we can go from there.. fat percentage would probably be most accurate and i agree with what people are saying to keep it simple.. just weight loss percentage..

and once everyone is in a house we can set up individual threads i'm sure
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it's not too late to join the challenge :)

Starting Weight: 154 lbs
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs
  • LMPRF97
    LMPRF97 Posts: 97
    Options
    Yes just what i was looking for! Thanks
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Can i be in Griffindor?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    im a harry potter fan now at target! had to check this thread out to see what it was all about! very excited for the final movie!! good luck everyone
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    lol
  • Raeray89
    Raeray89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge, major excitement for HP!

SW (1st May): 146
    GW: 130
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i just switched on my computer, came here and seen all the planning! a huge smile split my face seeing that people were interested :happy:

ok, i suppose that the whole points thing that i suggested is a bit complicated. weight lost is the best way to track it, its the reason we're all here after all!! if we wanted to add in something else, it could be related to the weekly challenges, and so theres only one other particular thing to count in a week other than weight?

im totes up for being head of house and tracking points for it. i agree that putting your house in your sig is the best way to differentiate between everyone, as someone else mentioned! im happy being any house, but if i thought about where i fit best, id say Hufflepuff.

so to choose who is in what house, i found this handy tool online called the Team Maker. you put in names and team titles and the tool randomly distributes people to each team title. we dont have to use it tho - if someone really wants to be in a particular house, then thats ok.
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Ok, so the plan for now is to have everyone weigh in here this week, I will track and post everyones weights here this week and spit people randomly into groups and then we can talk about if we need to set up separate threads for each house. :)
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Ok, first HP Post of the Day!

DID YOU KNOW ?
    when rupert grint heard of a fan who had cancer, he asked his mother to drive him to the boy's house, and he willingly spent a day with him, playing around and talking with him.
    :smile:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    SW: 290
    GW: 275 (hopefully lower, but trying to be realistic)

Good luck everyone!
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hii ... ! I'm in too , looking fwo to Reductio :))) ... great idea :)
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join in - I just happened to see this post.

CW: 387.4
    GW: 355 (trying to be realistic, though I'm hoping for much lower.)
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join in - I just happened to see this post.

CW: 387.4
    GW: 355 (trying to be realistic, though I'm hoping for much lower.)

Thanks for joining! Everyone, just remember that this is about 10.5 weeks long..the healthy amount of weight to lose per week is about 1-2 lbs so the max your goal really should be is minus about 21 lbs...you can make it whatever you want but just make sure it really is realistic so you dont lose too quickly or get disappointed if you dont make it... losing 10-20 lbs in 2.5 months would be awesome! :)

Good luck everyone!!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this too. I did not let myself see it when it came out because I DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO WAIT for the last one. So it will be a all day thing in this house. and it is two weeks before the wedding im in (on the beach) and I have a sexy bridesmade dress I have to fit into.