I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Sonic I would eat a Super Sonic Cheddar Pepper Burger (May those rest in peace...best burger Sonic ever had!!) with a large order of chili cheese tots with ranch and a route 44 Diet (LOL) Vanilla Coke....and most times I would get a cherry cream slush for dessert...just thinking about all of that makes me want to vomit now. :p
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I used to get 200g of sliced salami from the deli, get a tub of cream cheese and spread each slice of salami with a thick layer of cream cheese and layer them together until they were about 8cm thick, then cut it into wedges and eat it.

Toasted foccacia with salami, pastrami, ham, provelone, cheddar, feta, olives, sundried tomato and pesto.

A whole deepfried round of camembert in tempura batter, with cranberry sauce.

A lot of what I used to eat, I still do - I just can't believe how MUCH I used to eat of it.
  • frostedpoptart
    frostedpoptart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    jade2112 wrote: »
    I used to just slice cheese, put it on a plate, microwave it and eat it with a fork. Like, several times a week.

That is pretty bad.

Really? I do that and I weigh 100 lbs.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    Last year I used to drink this "Dare Iced coffee" milk drink multiple times a week AND not exercising. One 500ml bottle has about 450 calories I think....
    I haven't touched them in a year, still miss good iced coffees though :(
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I used to make a modern dinner sized plate filled with chips and shredded cheddar every day for an after school snack. And if I got down to some chips that didn't have cheese on them, you bet I got the cheese back out, poured some over the remaining chips, and microwaved them again. And I would usually have some chips and salsa while my nachos were cooking in the microwave.

I think the worst thing I can think of though was a time when I went to lunch with my mom (and had a cheeseburger and fries), and then about an hour later one of my friends texted me and asked if I wanted to grab lunch at a Mexican restaurant. So I went, and got myself a nice wet burrito with chips and salsa on the side, even though I was still stuffed from lunch #1. I'm pretty sure I had dinner that night too. Just the sheer amount of food I used to eat blows my mind.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints- those girl scout cookies. As many as were in the house. Never had more than two boxes in the house at a time, so I don't know how many I COULD have eaten. It's easier to have the self-control by not buying them than the self control to not eat them once they're in the house.

As a kid, I ate condiment sandwiches- mustard, horse radish, and mayo between two pieces of squishy white bread. I still love mayonnaise, but only the homemade kind.
  • eat_hike_b33r
    eat_hike_b33r Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Reading this made me want chips and ice cream... mmmm... island farms moosetracks icecream....
    I used to live next to a 24hour grocery store and any time I wanted chips or icecream I would walk over and at midnight-3am the store would be full of people in sweats/PJs buying icecream, chips, discount bakery cakes/cookies/pies etc...

Good thing I moved.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options

That sounds so delicious.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have never really been a big late night snacker but when I think back to my 20's if I was hanging out with friends/boyfriend/ex husband either drinking or smoking something and everyone decided to cook/bake/get takeout, I would always eat an entire dinner portion or 4-5 cookies or whatever. It was like in my mind it didn't matter that I was basically tacking on 1,000 more calories to the day.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

That sounds so delicious.

It's pretty amazing - I still make it on special occasions, but now I share ;)
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    salsa and sour cream mixed together as a dip, spread on a tortilla, add a bit of cheese and microwave for 20 secs or so
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thick layers of Cheez-Whiz on 3-4 slices of white toast. My husband used to call me crazy when I'd make that for breakfast. In retrospect, perhaps he was right.

Also, copious amounts of ice cream--like 8 large scoops at a time. Every night. I'd snuggle my then-newborn baby, watch TLC or Food Network, and just gorge on ice cream. One morning it appeared that my little guy had somehow gotten poop onto his forehead overnight. Nope. Just chocolate ice cream from mommy's little binge.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    samacooper wrote: »
    Entire bags of milano cookies, or half a package of oreos in one sitting.

Oh yeah...Mint Milano cookies. ENTIRE.BAG. :)

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Mostly I'm just in awe of how many calories I used to eat in one day. The sheer volume of food. I couldn't eat that much food now. You never really realize how much you are packing away until you start to track it. I personally was like, "Good Lord, woman. Pig much?"[/quote]

That's why MFP is so helpful. We get so used to eating huge portions that we forget what appropriate eating really looks like!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I find that whenever I revisit old favorites they are too sweet/fatty/salty for me nowadays. Potato chips taste like cardboard, ice cream makes me sick to my stomach, hot dogs taste like the way garbage smells...
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Cheese Doodles (the orange kind; I could finish an entire family sized bag in a couple of hours), scrambled eggs with like five slices of Kraft cheese, ketchup, tacos from Taco Bell, Lunchables, Chef Boyardee ravioli.

And I'm not in disbelief because these things are "unhealthy", but my tastes have changed and these foods do not appeal to me at all. And now that I know how many calories are in these foods, it's actually really surprising to me how skinny I was.
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    A plate of nachos covered with chili and cheese topped with sour cream and jalapeno pepper.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    A plate of nachos covered with chili and cheese topped with sour cream and jalapeno pepper.

That was dinner one night last week :D
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A typical dinner shared with my boyfriend would be: 1 whole frozen vegetable lasagna, 4 cups broccoli, and 1 tub of ice cream. That means for dinner I would be consuming over 2,000 calories in one meal, not including whatever we had to drink or any snacks we had later. I remember still feeling hungry even after eating that much. I'm not sure if I was still hungry because I wanted more salt, more sugar, or if I was just not getting enough nutrients.
  • alexnaumanmusic
    alexnaumanmusic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sooooo many pizzas just to myself. at least a couple times a week. :(
    sometimes for breakfast i'd go and get two NY style asiago cheese bagels with extra cream cheese from the bagel shop and eat them both to myself. i'm sure that was probably over 2000 calories just to start the day!!! so much shame.
    i'm glad that that is in the past