Scared because dieting and gaining weight. Is it a tumour?

Options

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Relax. It would take years for a tumor to grow 7 pounds not 2 weeks. I'm guessing its the sodium making you retain water. Drink more to flush it out and relax it will even out.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247.jpg?itok=ASxDDxjy
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think I grew a tumor checking out her profile - oh wait, it's... not... a... tumor... :p
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Incredible! Hours later and still she hasn't acknowledged that seeing a doctor if she thinks she has a tumour is a sensible thing to do.

She also hasn't the basic good manners to answer people who tried to help. Delightful. Perhaps if she's only developed this attitude recently we can assume rudeness weighs 7 pounds.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Weight is funny. I shed 18lbs in early 2013 over the course of about six weeks while documenting a grand total running deficit of about 2000-3000 calories.

Water is funny too. I'm about ten pounds heavier right now than I've been all year and I presume as soon as I start eating more prudently, most of that ten is gone-zo. Long story short, I wouldn't sweat a few pounds, especially with excess sodium intake.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Hours later and still she hasn't acknowledged that seeing a doctor if she thinks she has a tumour is a sensible thing to do.

She also hasn't the basic good manners to answer people who tried to help. Delightful. Perhaps if she's only developed this attitude recently we can assume rudeness weighs 7 pounds.
    Perhaps, just perhaps, she's off running errands, cooking breakfast for a kid...something not about MFP.
    Or perhaps she's just abandoned the thread. I would have.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    it is not a tumor it is trollitius….

OP - stop posting and you will be cured of this syndrome….

This board has such an odd use of the word troll.

so in your expert opinion, it is a serious thread then…?
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

200.gif
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Perhaps, just perhaps, she's off running errands, cooking breakfast for a kid...something not about MFP.

Maybe even the doctor
  • ndj1979
    Options
    On a serious note - most doctors will tell you if you drastic weight loss - five pounds or more - over X time period that you should immediately come see them as this can be a sign of cancer…typically weight gain is not associated with cancer…

My oncologist was more concerned with weight loss, even when I told him that I was dieting and trying to lose weight...

this is coming from a lymphoma survivor….
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Is this binary? Serious or troll? Wow. Then the entire board is full of trolls.

fwiw, yes, I think she posted this sincerely, out of vanity and fear.
  • ndj1979
    Options

well I disagree …but who knows..

I mean if you really thought you had a tumor would you really post on MFP??????
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options

Are you new to the internet? :p I've seen weirder.

If you were a troll would you create an account, log for weeks, then ask a question that in NO WAY riles up the boards, just gets a few folks being nice, and a lot of folks mocking you? Pretty bad trolling.

Again, I may be using "internet troll" in a way that's old school, and not how MFP uses it. Mods have said that all the gifs and unhelpful mocking are "trolling", so perhaps I am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

nope

http://snafam.blogspot.com/2007/02/personalities-of-message-boards.html
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options

If you were a troll would you create an account, log for weeks, then ask a question that in NO WAY riles up the boards, just gets a few folks being nice, and a lot of folks mocking you? Pretty bad trolling.

Again, I may be using "internet troll" in a way that's old school, and not how MFP uses it. Mods have said that all the gifs and unhelpful mocking are "trolling", so perhaps I am.

nope

Agreed FWIW.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    For fun NDJ1979: http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/troller.htm
    even with that, no.
    It's a fun page though. The roster is pretty spot on.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Maybe even the doctor
    indeed
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

nope

Agreed FWIW.
    Thanks. Granted if this was a functional msg board, we could look at her posting history... which, alas, we can't. WORST change they ever made, imho.

But thanks.

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Acne. heh heh. Didn't know that one. #flamewarriors
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

nope

Agreed FWIW.
    Thanks. Granted if this was a functional msg board, we could look at her posting history... which, alas, we can't. WORST change they ever made, imho.

But thanks.

But you can. Use the search feature and then use the drop down arrow. Search by author.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

nope

Agreed FWIW.

But thanks.

But you can. Use the search feature and then use the drop down arrow. Search by author.

True. There is that. Thanks for the reminder.

And from that, I see someone who's been posting for months, who stopped SMOKING. No trolling. Just desperation.
    She posted basically the same thing 2 years ago, minus the tumor.