35 pounds gone in 2 months

Replies

• Lareessa
    Lareessa Posts: 11 Member
    Bravo. You've done an awesome job and you look great. Quite motivating for all of us.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member

adowe wrote: »
    Hope2036 wrote: »
    I read that you did the Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping. All the programs look like calorie burners and body changers. Which one did you do? Good for you...take control now and you will succeed. Combining the calorie reduction and extreme exercise has made the difference in such a short time frame. Keep it up.

I am doing Farrell's. I'm about to finish up week 8 out of 10. I am following the diet exactly as suggested with tweaks from my coach and it is working better than anything I've ever tried before. I also am toning and building muscle faster than I've ever done before because of the 6 days a week workouts. I'm just blown away at how well FXB works!

You can't build muscle with a caloric deficit.
    It is very difficult to build muscle at the best of times.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Well tell that to my new muscles that weren't there before.

They were there before.

They just hid under that soft layer of fat.

You've lost 35 pounds, most of which was probably the soft layer of fat.

Making it "appear" that you have gained muscle.

You can't build muscle with a caloric deficit, and it is very difficult to build muscle at the best of times. Science.

You do realize I'm not in a calorie deficit. I'm fueling my body 6 times a day so I am definitely building muscle.

If you are losing weight you are in a deficit.

Since you seem to have to be right on this subject let me ask you this: How then do bodybuilders bulk up before a competition while shedding fat to get their body fat as lean as possible? According to your science they wouldn't be able to gain any muscle while losing body fat percentage.
  • glamgrljess22
    glamgrljess22 Posts: 37 Member
    WOW you look amazing.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    I read that you did the Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping. All the programs look like calorie burners and body changers. Which one did you do? Good for you...take control now and you will succeed. Combining the calorie reduction and extreme exercise has made the difference in such a short time frame. Keep it up.

I am doing Farrell's. I'm about to finish up week 8 out of 10. I am following the diet exactly as suggested with tweaks from my coach and it is working better than anything I've ever tried before. I also am toning and building muscle faster than I've ever done before because of the 6 days a week workouts. I'm just blown away at how well FXB works!

They were there before.

You can't build muscle with a caloric deficit, and it is very difficult to build muscle at the best of times. Science.

You do realize I'm not in a calorie deficit. I'm fueling my body 6 times a day so I am definitely building muscle.

Since you seem to have to be right on this subject let me ask you this: How then do bodybuilders bulk up before a competition while shedding fat to get their body fat as lean as possible? According to your science they wouldn't be able to gain any muscle while losing body fat percentage.

If a body builder is "shedding fat" before a competition they are eating a deficit.

By losing bodyfat ones muscles look/appear larger and more prominent.

Science isn't just mine....It's for everyone.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

They were there before.

They eat clen, tren hard, test their limits, anavar give up.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member

They were there before.

Oh dear.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

They were there before.

Bodybuilders spend years building the muscle before taking the stage. They often go through bulk and cut cycles. Professionals and some competitive amateurs not in natural competitions take large amounts of illegal steroids, which does enable them to burn fat while building muscle.

As a competitive bodybuilder I can say that I have spent a lot of time trying to build and I shed the fat fairly slowly to try to keep my muscle. I lose about 2-4 pounds of muscle towards the end when I have very little fat to lose.

So, your perception of what natural bodybuilders do is wrong. The muscles simply appear larger because they show better with no fat over them. They don't "bulk up" before a competition while shedding fat, they shed the fat and work hard to try to keep their muscle.
  • LolBroScience

They were there before.

On a more serious note... bodybuilders "bulk up" in their off season. When it comes to contest prep they enter into a caloric deficit to "lean out" and reach low levels of body fat.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

They were there before.

They eat clen, tren hard, test their limits, anavar give up.

*To clarify his point: Clen, Tren, Test and Anavar are all steroids that people use in bodybuilding.
  • danielle122281
    danielle122281 Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome! That is an impressive transformation.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    .[/quote]

[/quote]

If you are not at a deficit, how did you lose weight then ? Especially 35 pounds ?

• AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    You look awesome! :) It's only been 40 days and I have lost 14 lbs and feel so much better mentally and physically. Congrats!
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    You are awesome! Keep up the good work, obviously your hard work is paying off. <3
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    usmcmp wrote: »

They were there before.

Bodybuilders spend years building the muscle before taking the stage. They often go through bulk and cut cycles. Professionals and some competitive amateurs not in natural competitions take large amounts of illegal steroids, which does enable them to burn fat while building muscle.

As a competitive bodybuilder I can say that I have spent a lot of time trying to build and I shed the fat fairly slowly to try to keep my muscle. I lose about 2-4 pounds of muscle towards the end when I have very little fat to lose.

So, your perception of what natural bodybuilders do is wrong. The muscles simply appear larger because they show better with no fat over them. They don't "bulk up" before a competition while shedding fat, they shed the fat and work hard to try to keep their muscle.

Right I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm not challenging body builders. I'm asking if you all believe you can't do both at the same time. Or do you stop building muscle when you lose fat and stop losing fat when you build muscle.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    And also what is your definition of building muscle? Because if my arms and legs and abs, etc are getting really strong and solid from working out 6 times a week are you saying that I'm not building muscle? How do I get stronger and firmer and toner without building up any muscle?
  • LolBroScience
    And also what is your definition of building muscle? Because if my arms and legs and abs, etc are getting really strong and solid from working out 6 times a week are you saying that I'm not building muscle? How do I get stronger and firmer and toner without building up any muscle?

Increase neuromuscular efficiency and decrease body fat.
  • LolBroScience
    edited December 2014
    usmcmp wrote: »

They were there before.

Right I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm not challenging body builders. I'm asking if you all believe you can't do both at the same time. Or do you stop building muscle when you lose fat and stop losing fat when you build muscle.

You can to a very small degree, but very specific conditions must be met (which you more than likely aren't meeting given the information you provided) and it is FAR from optimal.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    First off: I have a hard time believing that you lost 35lbs in only 2 months.
    Secondly: The "After" picture looks more like a 60 - 75 lb loss.
    I must say you look wonderful, so however you did it - good job!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Great job!!!
  • LolBroScience
    Good job nonetheless.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!