30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• ziplipz
    Options
    Finished day 10 level 2! I never got this far before and I'm determined to finish this baby. I already have ripped in 30 to do next and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Good job! Level 3 was the funnest level I thought. Enjoy it!

This morning was the 1st day of Ripped in 30. It was easy compared to level 3 of 30DS, but still a good work out.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I took a couple days off -- in the process of renovating my bathroom and carried 17 40lb boxes of tiles from my car up two flights of stairs to my bathroom Saturday -- still sore! Back at it tomorrow...Day 17!
  • RandomA1
    RandomA1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred a few days ago (have done 3 days of Level 1 so far). I've started and stopped this program so much in the past but I want to finish this time! It's tough on my knees so I plan on doing it for 2-3 days and then taking a day off. I also do a modified version of a jumping jack because that movement is the one that bothers my knees the most. Hopefully soon I'll get to the point of being able to do the workout all the way through without breaks. However, I AM proud of myself that I've been able cut down on the frequency and length of my breaks. Now I might stop 5 times for 2-5 seconds each whereas it was much worse on day 1 and especially when I started this workout previous times.
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    valissa wrote: »
    I just started level 1 yesterday. Day 2- sore already.

I am usually most sore not on the day next to the workout, but one more day after... Day 3 of Shred was terrible! :)

Day 3 is always my worst day!
  • Kierstyn001
    Kierstyn001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I'm joining in randomly. My first post! But I just completed day 4 of level one and it went pretty well. Im so excited because I was able to get through my least favorite strength circuit without pausing. Day 3 was so terrible for me I was ready to give up but I'm glad I pushed through today.
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Whew! Did day one level 3 last night and just - wow. I hope that after a few times I can feel like I'm not dying! This is huge for me because I've started 30DS so many times and only ever got to level two. I alternate with elliptical every other day so this has been since October, but I still made it to three. Here's hoping I can finish this before the New Year!
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Following this thread so I can do the same!
  • 47to27
    47to27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I noticed 30DS was super tough on my knees on days 3 and 4 of level 1. I tend to have a tiny issue anyway with my right knee, age and not injury methinks, so I just modified a bit when it came to the parts that bothered me. After day 4 or 5, though, no more knee issues, even with my funky right knee. I think it just takes our bodies a bit to get used to what we're doing with it, especially when we've been neglecting it to a certain extent.
  • chereedoggett
    chereedoggett Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS. Last night was my first night and I did get tough. I will be completing it. I plan on doing it for 5 days a week maybe 6. It depends on how I feel.
  • joycemfp8
    joycemfp8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did it for a month or so in the beginning of this year, but then I quit... decided to start again today, so just finished my first session! :) My plan for now is to exercise around 3 times a week, using JM's shred or something else like a bodyfit class or so. Not so much to lose weight, just to tone up a bit :)
  • ziplipz
    Options
    Did anyone else move on to Ripped In 30 when me?

I finally picked up a heart rate monitor. I've been way undervaluing my calorie burn! With the warm up and cool down I burn about 365 calories in level 1 of Ripped in 30.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    is this a good program from a REALLY out of shape beginner? i've tried level 1 before but i was at least 50 lbs lighter at the time. i have decent knees but my lower back is shot.
  • LeelooX2014
    edited December 2014
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    is this a good program from a REALLY out of shape beginner? i've tried level 1 before but i was at least 50 lbs lighter at the time. i have decent knees but my lower back is shot.

You can do it! Just modify what moves you need to. You WILL be sore, but don't let it stop you. Just give it your all. I couldn't squat to sit on the toilet or go down stairs for the first week, but now I'm at level 3 and so damn proud to make it this far. I have not done any level without modifications for me or stopping to catch my breath a few times. Or for heavens sake, drink a sip of water! I just have to! Oh and my lower back is pretty much permanently shot and I really think this is helping me get some of that flexibility back.
  • LeelooX2014
    Options
    ziplipz wrote: »

I finally picked up a heart rate monitor. I've been way undervaluing my calorie burn! With the warm up and cool down I burn about 365 calories in level 1 of Ripped in 30.

I'm aiming to, but I do elliptical every other day with 30DS so it's taking me forever to finish it. I'll do day 3 level 3 today. I hoping to finish by New Years and maybe I'll take a break from the elliptical for ripped. I've been wanting a heart rate monitor so bad. What did you end up getting?

• welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have started 30 day shred again completed it 3 times and really enjoy it.I have done the ripped in 30 and did not like it half as much as the shred.
  • LeelooX2014
    Options
    Day 3 Level 3 done!
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day off today as had to get my 7 mile walk in day 2 tomorrow:)
  • ziplipz
    Options
    ziplipz wrote: »

I'm aiming to, but I do elliptical every other day with 30DS so it's taking me forever to finish it. I'll do day 3 level 3 today. I hoping to finish by New Years and maybe I'll take a break from the elliptical for ripped. I've been wanting a heart rate monitor so bad. What did you end up getting?

I ended up picking up a "Jarv" Heart Rate Monitor. I found it on Amazon for 30 bucks. I've been happy with it so far. It synchs up to your cell phone via bluetooh.
  • stepgonz
    stepgonz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love all JM videos. I have completed her 30 day shred 5 times and have completed the 12 week body revolution program twice.
  • RandomA1
    RandomA1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    RandomA1 wrote: »
    I just started 30 Day Shred a few days ago (have done 3 days of Level 1 so far). I've started and stopped this program so much in the past but I want to finish this time! It's tough on my knees so I plan on doing it for 2-3 days and then taking a day off. I also do a modified version of a jumping jack because that movement is the one that bothers my knees the most. Hopefully soon I'll get to the point of being able to do the workout all the way through without breaks. However, I AM proud of myself that I've been able cut down on the frequency and length of my breaks. Now I might stop 5 times for 2-5 seconds each whereas it was much worse on day 1 and especially when I started this workout previous times.

I completed Day 3 of Level 2 yesterday and this is the farthest I've made it before. Since I've started and stopped the program so much in the past, by Day 8 of Level 1, I was getting tired of it and losing motivation. I decided to just bump up to Level 2 early instead. Based on what people have said, I was really scared about Level 2 (especially since some said it was harder than Level 3!). It's hard but I've been managing much better than I ever expected.

I do the workout every other day and then rest in-between (due to the fact that the workouts bother my right knee, even with modifications, due to an old injury). I really need to kick things into gear with my healthy eating and in addition, I'll probably start adding some other exercise on the days I don't do 30DS. It's been slow but I'm just proud that I've stuck with it these past 3 weeks and that exercising is starting to become a habit. I even miss it a little on my days off lol.

I just discovered that I had bought JM's Kickboxing FastFix about a year ago so I might put that in the rotation.