• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    sheepotato wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    except I'm not paying 80$ for a pair of True Religion.

nope nope nope- I get angry for paying 25$ for a pair from Target!

Thrift stores and ebay. I bought a pair of a citizens of humanity jeans for $20 at a thrift store 2 months ago. (Though I also pay $80 at nordstrom rack on occasion)

Consider this, how good does your butt look in the $25 pair at Target vs. the True Religion?

Doesn't your butt deserve the very best?

Doesn't it, Jo?

$80 is crazy when there are places online that will make jeans to your exact measurements for less than that. I think the last time I had some made they were $60 but they made my butt look awesome.

Sometimes $80 makes sense.

And custom jeans are great - as long as you know exactly what makes your butt look good and find a place that can do it. Many people do not know these subtleties and can't communicate them.

For example: the pocket - is it high? Is it low? Is the pocket small? Is it large? What is the angle of said pocket? These are some of the subtleties in the cut that make a butt go from looking ok to fabulous.

I don't think this is picked up by most folks when they go out shopping. They may not pick up on why their butt looks amazing in a pair of jeans- but they know it's somehow because of a magical pair of jeans, that while $80 - will make them feel as if they have a super butt.

For those that are hyper aware of cut - that means I can buy a $20 pair of jeans with confidence at a thrift store without trying it on because I know it will look good. But for some of my friends? $80 is worth it because it means they didn't buy 4 pairs that they felt 'meh' about when they go out.

That is a good point if you don't really know what works for your figure then finding the right cut for you might seem worth it at any price point. I used to find a pair that fit well in my hips and get them taken in at the waist, otherwise when I sat down people could see right down them in the back. I found that it was way more expensive to do that with pricer pairs (because I would factor in the alteration price with the purchase price.) Stretchy jeans and a belt seems to work but they are not very flattering and always start sagging by the end of the day.

I am sure if I found an off the rack pair that fit me properly I would consider them magical too.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    This thread could have been magic
    image removed by staff

I like how the rule that was quoted and bolded specifically states "close up" pics, yet all of the pics I posted were specifically full body shots (and not a violation of the rules) but were removed anyway. As an owner and moderator on several forums, when you post rules, you have to follow those rules as they are written. Personal preference has no place in moderating.

I read through this entire thread. I don't know why. My only takeaway was that, once again, the moral MFP police prevail. Sad, really. Like others have mentioned, glutes are a muscle. This is a fitness site. Heaven forbid there be a picture that happens to show a fit muscle group, especially if used to make a point. I better go change the parental controls on my TV to prevent my daughter from watching gymnastics, track and field, dance, ice skating, swimming, tennis, or crossfit games. Don't want her to accidentally get motivated to be an awesome and strong woman. Off to find some snowboarding to watch. The michelin man outfits sound about right. Just gotta make sure not to let her look them up online.
  • jissellc
    jissellc Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, I've always had a larger rear end. My weight accumulates in my upper thighs and bum. Since I've started C25K, I've noticed my bum has less cellulite, but is more firm and less round, just wide as usual...
    I've heard mixed stories from people about squats and whether it improves your butt. Some one said it made their butt flatter and others it made larger. I did the squat challenge for a month and it just made it less "fatty" and more firm, not really bigger.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    For those with instagram and want a bigger bum.. #teama$$bear with Ss instead of dollar signs. It will take you to a lady who knows about butt gains.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    I really have nothing to say anymore. From the people who are being genuine jerks to me, to the immature posts, this thread answered no questions and it's just dumb now. I thought about starting up on MFP again but I have no interest after this.
    GOOD! Because we have no interest in your nude, sexually explicit and vulgar photos!

Haha. This is too funny.

Also, LoryBear, the thread answered exactly what you needed to get some *kitten* gains and then went off on an entertaining tangent once the said advice was not accepted.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This just seems like a good place to post these booty pants. Made for athletic donk.

tumblr_nc0ln11G2p1rqlia6o1_500.jpg

Felt like this thread needed more booty.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    tigersword wrote: »
    This thread could have been magic
    image removed by staff

I like how the rule that was quoted and bolded specifically states "close up" pics, yet all of the pics I posted were specifically full body shots (and not a violation of the rules) but were removed anyway. As an owner and moderator on several forums, when you post rules, you have to follow those rules as they are written. Personal preference has no place in moderating.

I read through this entire thread. I don't know why. My only takeaway was that, once again, the moral MFP police prevail. Sad, really. Like others have mentioned, glutes are a muscle. This is a fitness site. Heaven forbid there be a picture that happens to show a fit muscle group, especially if used to make a point. I better go change the parental controls on my TV to prevent my daughter from watching gymnastics, track and field, dance, ice skating, swimming, tennis, or crossfit games. Don't want her to accidentally get motivated to be an awesome and strong woman. Off to find some snowboarding to watch. The michelin man outfits sound about right. Just gotta make sure not to let her look them up online.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    except I'm not paying 80$ for a pair of True Religion.

nope nope nope- I get angry for paying 25$ for a pair from Target!

Thrift stores and ebay. I bought a pair of a citizens of humanity jeans for $20 at a thrift store 2 months ago. (Though I also pay $80 at nordstrom rack on occasion)

Consider this, how good does your butt look in the $25 pair at Target vs. the True Religion?

Doesn't your butt deserve the very best?

Doesn't it, Jo?

$80 is crazy when there are places online that will make jeans to your exact measurements for less than that. I think the last time I had some made they were $60 but they made my butt look awesome.

I get Joe's, Seven, True Religion, and Humanity... all from Goodwill for under $5 a pair. When I go to Plato's Closet, I usually find them from $15-$20. Love living in a college town.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    This just seems like a good place to post these booty pants. Made for athletic donk.

tumblr_nc0ln11G2p1rqlia6o1_500.jpg

Felt like this thread needed more booty.

Yay! I got to see them before they were deleted.

Oh, and nice athletic booty.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Aemely wrote: »
    ehuschka wrote: »
    Can't really afford to shop anywhere but Old Navy and Costco (unfortunately my Costco jeans ripped within 2 days, my thighs be damned)

Old Navy Sweetheart are decent for curvy shapes (and cheap). There's also thrift stores that have hand-me-down fancy jeans. ;)

The Flirt works best for me - I have mile-wide hips and the Sweetheart ones for some reason look like mom jeans on me.

they don't work for me either- I've got 40-42" depending and the Flirt works- the sweetheart's look like rubbish.

Also- I can wear their rockstar skinny jeans for some reason- not sure why- there is some belt/gap waist issues- but I have good belts- so I find I can wear them to work without feeling like a sloppy mess. So roll with it.

I had someone tell me once

"those thighs tell no lies"

not sure what that means- but it was a thing- and now it's a standing joke in my house. LOL

PS_ rocking my wiggle dress at work- it's way to asstastic for the office- but since it's the holiday party- and I have a sweater on- I give no facks
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Who needs school when there are threads like this one. You have it all in here.

Oh and Jo, thanks for your scribbles once again. Heart.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    For those with instagram and want a bigger bum.. #teama$$bear with Ss instead of dollar signs. It will take you to a lady who knows about butt gains.
    I don't understand instagram, can you translate ^ to english?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

37677171.jpg
  • dbmata
    Options
    I hate you kenny.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

If you type the hashtag in the instagram search engine it will take you to photos of people who used that hashtag for their photos. The chick who uses said hashtag is in the business of growing behinds in the gym.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

37677171.jpg

Haha
  • dbmata
    Options
    y i gotta login? argh.