What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I rinse and soak them over night, then cook them with a large can of crushed tomatoes, a large carton of low-sodium veggie, beef or chicken broth (this last batch I used chicken broth), a whole finally chopped onion, 2 or 3 chopped carrots, about a tbs of dried basil, season with garlic salt and sometimes I add a little tobasco for heat (very little though because I don't like it much beyond mild spicy), and enough water so the liquid is about 6 inches or so above the beans. Just bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and partially cover the pot. Cook for about 60 minutes till the beans are soft, but not mushy.
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Lottsa calories today!

Lunch - Pastrami burger on sourdough with romaine and tomato; a few of those yummy french fries.

510k2z6e2s2g.jpg

Had breakfast for dinner tonight. I tried a new Bob's Red Mill hot cereal of ground brown rice, corn and buckwheat. It was really good. I mixed in pecans, raspberries, raisins, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and milk; and a raisin bagel with cream cheese.

j3mbf6z7abj8.jpg

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Pork osso bucco and papardelle with tapenade. So good!
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

Dinner last night was super quick, just finished roasting a chicken so I threw some into a rice wrap with honey dijon mustard and sided with mushrooms and cucumbers with tzatziki.
    wyr4tj9rl9i1.jpg

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Malfadine, braised boar, chanterelles, butter, parm

20141210_194446.jpg
  • mygnsac
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Breakfast - The last piece of the chicken, mushroom, onion pizza I got a few days ago, a homemade protein bar, and a couple clementines.

pcwoqhhw4zvh.jpg

Lunch - Fried chicken, smashed potatoes, mixed greens salad and an apple.

mksmh5etnvi7.jpg

Dinner - Made a salad of mixed greens, mixed sprouts, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, red grapes, mushrooms, raisins, cucumber, green onion, turkey, garlic salt, and pecorino cheese; a few tortilla chips.

db9h6gsbnwb2.jpg

• KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    WP_20141210_001.jpg
    Hummus crusted chicken with asparagus and four cheese mashed potatoes. Total of 663 Calories
    WP_20141207_001.jpg
    Cous cous with feta, pinto beans, white northern beans, green onion, green bell pepper, corn, and seasoning to taste. Not sure on calories. If anyone wants to figure it out that would be great :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Breakfast - The last piece of the chicken
    Loooove me some pizza for breakfast.

Speaking of pizza, I made a chicken, mushroom and feta pizza wrap for dinner last night.
    yolxpichdqa7.jpg

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hummus crusted chicken with asparagus and four cheese mashed potatoes. Total of 663 Calories

The hummus crusted chicken, do you use pre-packaged hummus and then just spread it on top of a chicken breast, then bake it?

• JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    0pxzqgqlwokh.jpg
    Chicken sautéed with peppers, sun dried tomatoes w/ cream sauce over pasta, the home brewed Stout pushed the calorie limit way over, but it was so worth it after a long day 5bcekzsz0d6i.png
    :D
  • mygnsac
    Options
    1/2 a chicken burrito with Spanish rice, romaine, cheese, onion, salsa and sour cream; salad of mixed greens, mixed sprouts, cucumber, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, green onion, black eyed peas, raisins, pecorino cheese and garlic salt; and strawberries.

27m9l420o4y1.jpg

Earlier in the day...

em7mlmmaekh2.jpg
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    qieazntg0gxo.jpg
    3 colors beans chicken rice. Well of course I didn't eat it all. Made it for my Chem class! :)
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    CauliPizza with Turkey Pepperoni topping
    mnqel4c0b285.jpg
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night... was ok..
    Pork Tenderloin, capocollo, sausage, kale, with white wine orange sauce over wild rice and quinoa
    It's back to the drawing board on this one, it was missing something.... :\7xgso1h1ru92.jpg

• veronakings
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Roast of wild boar, kimchi cream sauce, charred onion

20141208_192017.jpg

are you a foodie or ...
  • veronakings
    Options
    could you elaborate on that kimchi sauce?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    could you elaborate on that kimchi sauce?

I was originally going to make a traditional horseradish cream sauce, but decided to fold into lightly whipped cream, a kimchi puree. Tasted quite good, worked well with the dish
  • veronakings
    Options
    oh nice i think it sounds great w/ the boar and onions. do you cook professionally, or just like it?