women who dont shave

Options

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    I tweeze a couple of hairs on my face, too.

Just sayin'.

I tweezers and or wax more than a couple. Haha. I don't like bushy eyebrows. They don't work with my bone structure. I have a friend who's never touched hers and she looks beautiful. I wasn't so lucky
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    - No women ARE largely feminine, and many women ARE well mannered - the shaving is not strictly 'for the pleasure of men' that is a crock - all the women I have dated shaved their body hair prior to dating me not FOR me - reason being might be due to a cultural norm? IDK and IDC because it is a norm.

Your reasoning and logic is grounded in B/s macho feminist circular reasoning mumbo jumbo ...it reminds me of Bill Burr latest comedy sketch regarding 'yes means no & no means yes' and chocking, and hair pulling - his comments were dead on.

All of my points are based on your prior postings and the impression that those gave. If you don't like that impression, perhaps you shouldn't portray yourself in the manner you have previously (and are now).

I am a feminist, absolutely. You seem to want to turn feminist into a bad word. It's not. As a feminist I believe and men and women are equal. That's it. You can twist it into something ugly, manly or whatever, but that doesn't make it true.

That's all I really have to say to you. So I won't be responding further - you're not worth any more of my time.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Shaving might be your norm but it is clearly not the norm.

da faq?

Every girl you encountered, seeing close up, shaves make it your norm. As you can see a lot of people don't shave and it is the winter season.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks. Why does it look so big on you? It looks like it covers your whole chest?
  • veronakings
    Options

All of my points are based on your prior postings and the impression that those gave. If you don't like that impression, perhaps you shouldn't portray yourself in the manner you have previously (and are now).

I am a feminist, absolutely. You seem to want to turn feminist into a bad word. It's not. As a feminist I believe and men and women are equal. That's it. You can twist it into something ugly, manly or whatever, but that doesn't make it true.

That's all I really have to say to you. So I won't be responding further - you're not worth any more of my time.

tumblr_ml87q0tkrp1re3x32o1_.gif
    yes!!
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I wouldn't consider myself a feminist. You're just misinterpreting almost everything I've said thus far..because you assume I'm a feminist

why are women so afraid of calling themselves a feminist? feminism is wonderful, and endlessly interesting. something you might be interested in learning about is intersectional feminism. also, just saying, whether or not a dude cares about shaved legs is NOT a feminist issue. it's just obnoxious. like who cares what this man thinks?? anyone?? nah

This. Too many people equate feminism to misandrogy and assume all feminists are out to put men down. I think this is why so many people hesitate to refer to themselves as feminists. The definition of feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. That's it!

ETA that both men and women can be feminists. That's pretty cool, too.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks. Why does it look so big on you? It looks like it covers your whole chest?

IDK I guess I took the pic with the camera basically sitting on top of the knot - it is prob like 3-4" wide and its hermes so the silk is smoother than a freshly shaved leg.
  • veronakings
    veronakings Posts: 116
    edited December 2014
    Options

I wouldn't consider myself a feminist. You're just misinterpreting almost everything I've said thus far..because you assume I'm a feminist

why are women so afraid of calling themselves a feminist? feminism is wonderful, and endlessly interesting. something you might be interested in learning about is intersectional feminism. also, just saying, whether or not a dude cares about shaved legs is NOT a feminist issue. it's just obnoxious. like who cares what this man thinks?? anyone?? nah

This. Too many people equate feminism to misandrogy and assume all feminists are out to put men down. I think this is why so many people hesitate to refer to themselves as feminists. The definition of feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. That's it!

anytime men hear about equality they assume that not being in power means they will be oppressed. it's like, no, wait... equality... means...
  • MrTolerable
    Options

da faq?

Every girl you encountered, seeing close up, shaves make it your norm. As you can see a lot of people don't shave and it is the winter season.

I mean I meet girls that don't shave... I live in Philadelphia after all.. so diversity is abundant - my point is the non-shavers are certainly outliers from the norm.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

da faq?

I mean I meet girls that don't shave... I live in Philadelphia after all.. so diversity is abundant - my point is the non-shavers are certainly outliers from the norm.

I so disagree with you on that one. Where you live is apparently 1 hour and a half away. I don't see how he got there that quick it would take me close to 2 hours. I live like smack in between baltimore and DC. Now a questions comes when you fine someone attractive and notice there arm hair is longer than your own. Does that make her masculine because if you see the rest of her you would not think twice about that.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

da faq?

I so disagree with you on that one. Where you live is apparently 1 hour and a half away. I don't see how he got there that quick it would take me close to 2 hours. I live like smack in between baltimore and DC. Now a questions comes when you fine someone attractive and notice there arm hair is longer than your own. Does that make her masculine because if you see the rest of her you would not think twice about that.

If I met a women with arm hair - not arm pit hair I prob wouldn't think too much about it - if her armpit hair was longer than mine I would indeed think that was icky.

• MrTolerable
    Options

anytime men hear about equality they assume that not being in power means they will be oppressed. it's like, no, wait... equality... means...
    talk about a generalization... and clearly there is much more to the feminist movement then faqing equality - obviously men agree women are equal in value and utility - they are however different. and there are various waves of feminist - you clearly are totally out of sync with 3rd wave feminist -

'The third phase of feminism began in the mid-1990s and is informed by post-colonial and post-modern thinking. In this phase many constructs have been destabilized, including the notions of "universal womanhood," body, gender, sexuality and hetreronormativity. An aspect of third wave feminism that mystifies the mothers of the earlier feminist movement is the readoption by young feminists of the very lipstick, high heels and cleavage proudly exposed by low cut necklines that the first two phases of the movement identified with male oppression. Pinkfloor expressed this new position when she said; "It's possible to have a push-up bra and a brain at the same time."

The "grrls" of the third wave have stepped onto the stage as strong and empowered, eschewing victimization and defining feminine beauty for themselves as subjects, not as objects of a sexist patriarchy. They have developed a rhetoric of mimicry, which reappropriates derogatory terms like "slut" and "*kitten*" in order to subvert sexist culture and deprive it of verbal weapons. The web is an important aspect of the new "girlie feminism." E-zines have provided "cybergrrls" and "netgrrls" another kind of women-only space. At the same time — rife with the irony of third-wave feminism because cyberspace is disembodied — it permits all users the opportunity to cross gender boundaries and so the very notion of gender has been challenged.

This is in keeping with the third wave's celebration of ambiguity and refusal to think in terms of "us-them" or in some cases their refusal to identify themselves as "feminists" at all. Grrl-feminism tends to be global and multi-cultural, and it shuns simple answers or artificial categories of identity, gender and sexuality. Its transversal politics means that differences such as those of ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, etc., are celebrated but recognized as dynamic, situational and provisional. Reality is conceived not so much in terms of fixed structures and power relations, but in terms of performance within contingencies. Third wave feminism breaks boundaries.

Where feminism will go from here is unclear, but the point is that feminism, by whatever name, is alive and well both in academia and outside of it. Some older feminists feel discouraged by the younger generation's seeming ignorance of or disregard for the struggles and achievements of the early movement. They see little progress (the pay gap has not significantly narrowed in 60 years), and are fearful that the new high-heeled, red-lipped college grrls are letting us backslide. This, however, is not likely the case. There have always been feminisms in the movement, not just one ideology, and there have always been tensions, points and counterpoints. The political, social and intellectual feminist movements have always been chaotic, multivalenced, and disconcerting, and let's hope they continue to be so; it's a sign that they are thriving.'
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    It is like you have no idea what is happening in your own faqing movement.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I prefer to shave my legs and armpits, but I don't bat an eye if I see a woman who chooses not to shave. This idea that hair on a woman is somehow "dirty" is ridiculous and speaks volumes about the people who believe that notion.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It is like you have no idea what is happening in your own faqing movement.

It's like you have google or something.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »
    I love these kind of threads where if you disagree with the norm, you're the enlightened, morally correct one, and everyone else is just a stupid sheeple. Pssttt that's intolerant of you :wink:

I shave. I'm blonde so you can't see it anyway, but I love the feel of my sheets on smooth skin.

^^^^This^^^^^ +1

I deal with this kind of attitude with a niece of mine. I love her to pieces but she does think she and people like her are enlightened and we are the intolerant ones. They think we are judgmental and trying to stereotype. From where I sit they are. They are the ones that cannot let people have their opinion and then just let it go. No they feel a need to "throw up" all over us about how we are wrong and they are right. They act like we look down on them but in reality it is reverse.

She also doesn't believe in shaving. She has been posting on her Facebook page about it. Again, her choice, no on cares, but why does she have to make sure everyone is aware of it.

i mean, why do you even have to comment? if you don't care. maybe no one would call you intolerant if you just left people alone?

Pot meet Kettle!!

Am I picking on someone?? Oh, that's right, it is for you and your friends to keep "hammering" someone about their opinion but do not turn the table?
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love these kind of threads where if you disagree with the norm, you're the enlightened, morally correct one, and everyone else is just a stupid sheeple. Pssttt that's intolerant of you :wink:

I shave. I'm blonde so you can't see it anyway, but I love the feel of my sheets on smooth skin.

^^^^This^^^^^ +1

I deal with this kind of attitude with a niece of mine. I love her to pieces but she does think she and people like her are enlightened and we are the intolerant ones. They think we are judgmental and trying to stereotype. From where I sit they are. They are the ones that cannot let people have their opinion and then just let it go. No they feel a need to "throw up" all over us about how we are wrong and they are right. They act like we look down on them but in reality it is reverse.

She also doesn't believe in shaving. She has been posting on her Facebook page about it. Again, her choice, no on cares, but why does she have to make sure everyone is aware of it.

i mean, why do you even have to comment? if you don't care. maybe no one would call you intolerant if you just left people alone?

Pot meet Kettle!!

Am I picking on someone?? Oh, that's right, it is for you and your friends to keep "hammering" someone about their opinion but do not turn the table?

Here's the thing, not one single person on here has said that it is wrong or gross or weird to shave yet TONS of people have said disgusting, gross, eww, nasty, dirty, manly, etc... about people who don't shave. You can voice your opinion (and many have) without being a complete fuking d!ck about it.

People are getting upset, don't push someone's buttons over and over then criticize them for blowing up.
  • blktngldhrt
    edited December 2014
    Options

I support equality period.. So I am a feminist in some regards. I will look it up..as in intersectional feminism. I tend to not label myself.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

da faq?

Ah Philadelphia. That explains a lot. *jokes the chick from Pittsburgh*