Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• lchadwick2
    lchadwick2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've looked up some of the preview and review videos on YouTube and can't wait to get this. I may have to move my workouts into my garage. My wife is already telling me I have to clean or/and replace the carpet in the basement where I did Insanity and T25. Ha Ha
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    lchadwick2 wrote: »
    I've looked up some of the preview and review videos on YouTube and can't wait to get this. I may have to move my workouts into my garage. My wife is already telling me I have to clean or/and replace the carpet in the basement where I did Insanity and T25. Ha Ha

LOL. You better do what she says! ;)
  • lchadwick2
    lchadwick2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    She'll be okay for a while. I just bought us a new bedroom suit and this weekend is our 5th anniversary. We're going to Nashville and seeing the lights at the Opryland Hotel where we went on our honeymoon. And she's getting some new bling from Kay. That should hold her over on the carpet for now.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    She'll be okay for a while. I just bought us a new bedroom suit and this weekend is our 5th anniversary. We're going to Nashville and seeing the lights at the Opryland Hotel where we went on our honeymoon. And she's getting some new bling from Kay. That should hold her over on the carpet for now.

Sounds like you've got a good plan there.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you!!! Still waiting for mine to come in the mail tho!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

My wife and I wore a hole in the rugs we had in our basement doing T25 and Insanity.
    I ended up buying these:

owt3jicz0h26.jpg

Can get them at Dicks Sporting Goods. A little pricey but better then replacing the carpets. Helps with all the jumping type stuff too. Less impact.

• MrsVin86
    MrsVin86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to Tabata today :s

SO pumped for Tabata after work :)
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    MrsVin86 wrote: »

Hope you like it cause you will be doing it again Thursday :s

• Globe01
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Globe01 wrote: »
    Just completed day 1 Cardio. I remember similar soreness when i did my first T25 workout. Now i'm having the exact same feeling.

Max out at 8:05 mins, follow by frequent maxout breaks (about 10 times) till the end of the workout.

Gonna try day 2 tomorrow, but seems scary base on the description provided by some of the guys in this thread

Gonna have a good sleep tonight for sure

What helps me get through it is switching back and forth between Shaun T and the modifier. I push as hard as I can, and then when I feel myself starting to die, I switch to the modifier, that way I can catch my breath, but keep going.

Yup i did that too. By the time i switch over to modifier, i can only follow through the motion. This workout simply "Max me out".

Did Tabata power yesterday and my arms are giving way even when i did the modifier push up.

Tonight will be sweat interval. I realize there was a bonus video called Sweat feast but i couldn't find this workout in the schedule provided.
  • Globe01
    Options
    MrsVin86 wrote: »

Hope you like it cause you will be doing it again Thursday :s

I hate Tabata. My arms are breaking.
  • Globe01
    Options
    Really need to stretch out your calf muscles before and during that cardio video. Just so much jumping my calfs are like rocks after the warmup alone. That was one of the biggest issues I had with T25 is my lower legs constantly sore and cramping up on me. Insanity Max has just as much jumping.

Has anyone tried out the bonus video yet?

I realize i had the same problem. After the warm up in Cardio (Day 1), my calf muscle was already stiffed up and my calf is still hurting when i walk right now.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Mine arrived last night, so I'm going to start today (Wednesday, Dec 17th). I figure with the schedule upheaval of Christmas next week, I'll allow myself a week and a half to complete Week 1, and then start Week 2 on Monday, Dec 29th.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    By the way, I found this pretty comprehensive review of the program. I haven't read it all yet, but I like what I've read so far.

http://howdoigetripped.com/does-insanity-max30-work-workout-reviews-running-list/
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that clip. I look forward to getting mine tonight, hope it's not too late in delivery. My strength is abs (years of Pilates) and I did tabata workouts for a year, so I look forward to seeing how they helped. I heard he really doesn't rest completely but I'm sure it's fine. This is a youtube of someone showing modified moves if anyone is interested. I try to modify with my own moves because sometimes I can't do the high jump but what, for example Tanya was doing in T25 was too easy, so I did something in between. I think we all know our bodies well enough to adjust along the way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwFgtFrFtA0
  • hiitrocks
    Options
    I'm getting this as a christmas present so haven't opened it up yet but how does it work when you "max out"? do you leave the video running and join back in when you are ready like insanity or do you hit the pause button? I am so excited to start this! Will be early january for me.
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Are ya'll doing the workouts for the entire 30 minutes? I think I'd max out at 5!!
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    hiitrocks wrote: »
    I'm getting this as a christmas present so haven't opened it up yet but how does it work when you "max out"? do you leave the video running and join back in when you are ready like insanity or do you hit the pause button? I am so excited to start this! Will be early january for me.

I just take a mental note of the time I maxed out and you write it on the calendar at the end of the workout. Basically "maxing out" is the point you can no longer go 100% and need to modify, your form breaks, or you need to stop for rest. The goal is to improve your max out time every time you do the vid. I'd say most of the videos at this point I max out around the 8 minute mark. You don't stop the video at that point or anything you still try to give 100% but it's just a mental strategy to get people away from not trying hard at the start of videos to pace themselves for the entire video.
  • Soundwave79
    edited December 2014
    Options
    By the way, I found this pretty comprehensive review of the program. I haven't read it all yet, but I like what I've read so far.

http://howdoigetripped.com/does-insanity-max30-work-workout-reviews-running-list/

Damn that guy must be really pushing himself. He's constantly hitting 500+ cals burned in those vids. My highest burn yet has been around 480. Either that or his HRM is very liberal compared to mine lol

• jdhcm2006
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Just completed day 1 Cardio. I remember similar soreness when i did my first T25 workout. Now i'm having the exact same feeling.

Max out at 8:05 mins, follow by frequent maxout breaks (about 10 times) till the end of the workout.

Gonna try day 2 tomorrow, but seems scary base on the description provided by some of the guys in this thread

Gonna have a good sleep tonight for sure

What helps me get through it is switching back and forth between Shaun T and the modifier. I push as hard as I can, and then when I feel myself starting to die, I switch to the modifier, that way I can catch my breath, but keep going.

Yup i did that too. By the time i switch over to modifier, i can only follow through the motion. This workout simply "Max me out".

Did Tabata power yesterday and my arms are giving way even when i did the modifier push up.

Tonight will be sweat interval. I realize there was a bonus video called Sweat feast but i couldn't find this workout in the schedule provided.

Sweat Fest can be subbed in for Sweat Intervals.

I did Tabata Power this morning, and I increased my max out time for 10.20 to 14.12. I was able to make it through all of the push-ups this time. I had to take a break during the power jumps. I'm going to try to get Sweat Fest or Sweat Intervals tonight, so that I can be caught up, and that way I can try the low intensity workout, Pulse, on Saturday.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Mine is on the way to my house right now!! WAHOO!