100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Replies

• Glad I found this forum. I am needing to lose around 80-100 lbs. Add me as friend so we can support each other. Like many people have said -- it's a LONG road so any support and encouragement would be wonderful :smile:
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    I'm also in the 100+ club. Taking it slow, and trying to increase activity! I log daily, add me if you would like :-)
  • Benevolay
    Benevolay Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not sure what words of support I could provide, but it is possible to lose this weight. I weighed 318 lbs. when my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the middle of June. I made him a promise that I would improve my health as it was always his greatest concern. He died a few weeks later. It's been about six months since I made that promise and I've lost eighty lbs.

I never had an eating problem. I just didn't eat right. I mean that in more ways than one. I never really got into the habit of eating breakfast and lunch, instead consuming snacks throughout the day and then eating a big dinner. When I started my "diet", I actually began to eat more. I ate something for breakfast. I ate something for lunch. I then had my dinner. It was all fewer calories than what I ate before, but it was more food. I cut out snacks altogether, as well as sugary drinks.

So despite eating 1200-1600 calories per day, I felt fuller than ever and have never felt like I was starving myself. I... suspect that makes me an anomaly.
  • CurlyAussie
    CurlyAussie Posts: 127 Member
    hello, feel free to add me, I need to lose about 110 pounds or about 50 kg, so mad I let myself get here in the first place, but I am doing something about it
  • sccjammin
    sccjammin Posts: 50 Member
    I have about 150lbs more to lose, Started back at it about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me as well. We all can use some encouragement and accountability from each other.
  • Definitely feel free to add me! My original goal was to lose just over 100 pounds, but now have 59 to go. That will put me around 5 pounds over a normal bmi. Depending on how I look at that point, I may drop my goal by another 20-25 pounds.

I'm hoping to reach my original goal by the end of next year. If I go for the additional weight, it'll be around 2 years to complete.
  • rachaelluna1
    rachaelluna1 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone I have around 100 pounds to lose and i'm looking to give and get support to achieve this goal and maybe even make a new friend!! rachaelluna1 just leave me a small message to let me know who you are
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    I started out with 180 to lose, and I'm almost half way there. I've been at it for about a year, logging every day, so definitely understand the idea of "long haul" thinking!
  • fablizy
    fablizy Posts: 8 Member
    Hi all. I started at 342.2 and am currently down 103 pounds since April. I am on the long journey and definitely would love to meet those of you who are fighting the big battle with me. 8 months in and the doctors I work with are impressed but I am impressed by all of us who have decided to take our lives back! Please friends me. ....I am thrilled to share and encourage!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    If anyone needs more support, please feel free to add me!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Question for everyone here...what is your calorie deficit? I can't decide if mine is too much or not. My BMR is about 1900, my TDEE about 2600. Because I'm morbidly obese, I feel like setting my goal to 2lbs per week is realistic, but the calorie count MFP gives me is under my BMR. Is that okay because I'm so big? I just read here all the time about how you should never eat under your BMR.
  • Nina267215
    Nina267215 Posts: 12 Member
    You can add me hun. I have 90 more pounds to go :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I had 102 to lose. Now I just have 30 left.
    Let me tell you, OP, that if I can do this, anyone can. I feel so much better and so alive now. A lot more than I did 72lb ago.

Time + Consistency + Persistence = Success

Keep it up, you guys!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I have lost over eighty pounds and I would like to lose thirty more. It will likely take me just as long to lose the thirty as it did the first eighty. I'm a big fan of smaller goals. That way I get to celebrate along the way and I stay interested. Smaller goals may be:
    1. Track for five/seven/ten/thirty days in a row, everything you eat.
    2. Review the past week and set a new mini-goal, like reduce calories per day by 100 cals.
    3. Target a danger zone. Is it right after work? Boredom eating on the weekend? Come up with a plan to change up a single habit.
    4. I had a goal of losing my first 10%, then 20%. Wow! I got a huge health boost from that first loss.
    5. Start a fitness goal. Is it going to the gym for the first time? So many minutes daily on the treadmill for a week? A daily walk for so many minutes?
    6. Every time I get bored I find a new activity to change it up. It could be a meal plan, a recipe, an activity or a class.
    7. Once I got under 200 pounds, I planned a one-derland party. My daughter captured some shots of me bouncing on the trampoline (my party idea) and that mashed-up gif is one of my favourites now. Evidence of a profound life change.
    8. I started signing up for fun walks and runs, and collecting the badges of those successes. I just finished a Learn to Walk class and I am wearing the wrist-band as a reminder.
    9. My next goal is to reach the top weight I was in my thirties (185 lbs) and the first time I got serious about weight loss. At that time I got down to 145 pounds and it took me a year.
    10. My final weight goal is to get to 165 lbs which I think is reasonable for my age.
    11. I have some fitness goals also running right through 2017. To get there I've got three runs of progressive difficulty lined up for me in 2015.
  • twinklestar128
    twinklestar128 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi, I have about 130 lbs to lose. I'm just getting started and would love some tips and support. Please feel free to add me. I also have a Fitbit, my url is: https://www.fitbit.com/user/32XLKK
  • Hi everyone! I have about 92lbs left to lose. Down 30lbs since July. And let me tell you it wasnt easy. I think its the patience thing that is the most difficult to overcome because for me I expect to see some significant changes in two or three months but when you have over 100+ to lose its harder to see the results sometimes and often discouraging.

Right now I am at the point where I am just ready to see a significant difference specifically in my tummy but I know that is going to take time and I just have to celebrate the small changes and appreciate the journey. Its not easy but I would love to have other ppl who are also going through the same as support and to support them as well.

So feel free to add me!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Oh people add me! I have 100 pounds to lose and I am 30 days in with 10 pounds gone. Once the weight is off I am planning to stick with MFP for all my fitness goals of which I have a tonne. I keep my diary open and make an effort to keep track of my friends on MFP and how they are doing.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    I have about 110 lbs to lose. Been tracking seriously since early December. Feel free to add me since I love having committed people on my friend list - it keeps me accountable and I ope to help others too!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Lost 99 pounds over the last 3 years, 50 in the last 6 months. I log every day since I joined June 8th. Sorry but xmas or thxg. I workout 6 to 7 days a week. This process has changed my life.
  • Just starting my New Year's Resolution today (Dec 27th 2014) I have about 150 to go. I would love to add friends to my MFP account!