Christmas/Holiday/Dayyoucelebrate Challenge

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I have arrived at the location of my holiday retreat.

There is a lot of german food and baked goods. On top of that, a brewery that produces a porter that tastes like an unsweetened german chocolate cake.

The run up to christmas shall be deliciously glorious. gluhwein, rottkraut, bratwurst, knockwurst, schweinhaxe, jagerschnitzel, sauerbraten.

It's seriously the wurst.
    o3uek1t7idmh.gif

I don't have plans to hog out on Real Food, but the desserts will be high.
    - main meal will be lasagna, garlic bread, salad (if I have enough peppers left) 706 cals total
    - other meal, if I can get any space on the oven, might be 2 eggs, bacon, Swiss cheese sammich plus a glass of milk 500 cals
    - desserts will be chocolate hazelnut coffee cake 55g is 220 cals, I want at least 2 pieces, so 440 cals
    - small apple pie, 1 slice 240 cals/100 grams
    - wild blueberry milk chocolate bar , 230 cals

^All that is about 2116 calories which is about maintenance for me. I may have more desserts that I haven't thought about (Santa may bring me a 16 pack of Ferrero Rocher). One of my aunts-in-law gives out Toblerone bars and shares any sweets she gets as gifts. Now will I blow out my sodium for the day? Hells Yes. HBP sucks.
    ChocolateHazelnut_Slice.jpg

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's even going to be any potential for a 4000 calorie day here. Which is ok. I'm guessing on two 3000 calorie days or something though (it depends a lot on chocolate availability as well).
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My food intake plans have been compromised by an infected tooth which has made even drinking plain water difficult. Trip to the dentist and enough anaesthetic to kill a horse but at least she could then do some work and hopefully ease some of the pain - won't know until the drugs wear off! So right now my diet consists of Greek Yoghurt with Lemon Curd which is pretty good but not what I had in mind!

Hopefully by Christmas Day I'll be fit to go.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh that makes me sad for you- perhaps wine- followed by more wine??
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving was 2500-I think Christmas will be closer to 3000. Ham, broccoli casserole, potatoes, biscuits, cranberry sauce, cookies, pumpkin pie (as my brother wasn't here for Thanksgiving), and Christmas dessert (cream, powdered sugar, pineapple, marshmallows, and pecans whipped together). Plus an egg bake for breakfast. Then maybe some leftovers at 11 PM as I'm getting ready for work, and breakfast out with my coworker afterwards.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm designated driver - although could argue for medicinal purposes... Just making a chocolate protein powder "mug cake" which shouldn't need chewing!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanksgiving I went 1400 over my goal (hit 3100cals).. Christmas I'm shooting for 4k (which i'm hoping most are lovely alcoholic liquid cals)- which will be so easy considering how insane my parents get with the holiday >:)B)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    This post is meant as a joke, right? You guys aren't seriously going to spend the holiday thinking about how many calories you need to consume to meet a goal, I hope.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    This post is meant as a joke, right? You guys aren't seriously going to spend the holiday thinking about how many calories you need to consume to meet a goal, I hope.

food is never a joke.
  • zyxst
    Options

What, you don't do that every day?

OT: I totally forgot to mention my precious peanut butter cookies with chocolate sprinkles on top. I have 9 left and they're still chewy.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Christmas food = serious business

I've now tasted my sugared pecans, biscoff truffles, and peanut butter balls. I'm pretty sure I could easily hit a couple thousand calories on those alone. o.O
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

food is never a joke.

We take our caloric consumption very serious around here.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

food is never a joke.

IDK As I've been searching for an edible low carb dessert, I feel like many of the recipes I've found are bad jokes. Bean brownies, tofu mousse. Okay, maybe you're right. Those aren't funny.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    pie and ice cream- it's low calorie.

well low calorie compared to everything else I'm going to be eating

GRIN
  • siobhanmoo
    siobhanmoo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh man I am so in for this. I am going to aim for 4000 a day, natch at LEAST 500 of that will be booze. Maybe a bit more if I am truly dedicated.

Anyway, off to my brother's tomorrow to stay over Xmas, so am assuming that there will be approximately my own body weight in cheese waiting for our arrival, plus some crackery bread things, fizzy wine, pistachio nuts, crisps etc. And I have just made some mini chocolate hazelnut tarts to take with us.

Xmas day. Let me see. Full English breakfast, probs some Buck's Fizz or similarly acceptable morning booze-laden beverage. Dinner will be the traditional roast with spuds, veg, stuffing, gravy, sausages etc, plus trifle for pud. And wine. And then it will be full on grazing until we leave for the 3 hour drive home, after which we will have bacon butties and more wine.

Hard work writing all that down. Think I need to go and have a glass of wine.

• zyxst
    edited December 2014
    Options

food is never a joke.

IDK As I've been searching for an edible low carb dessert, I feel like many of the recipes I've found are bad jokes. Bean brownies, tofu mousse. Okay, maybe you're right. Those aren't funny.
    Black bean brownies are pretty tasty, at least the few that I've had. I didn't know that they were made with beans when I ate them.

There are 6 pb cookies left (damn husband!). If they weigh 34g each, that's 960 calories. Go peanut butter!

Edit: forgot a k, 'k?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OIC Well, I'm not really trying to stay under this week, but I'm not purposely trying to go over either, so I guess I'm out. Good luck on hitting your goal.

I thought you were out.

I think about the calories I need to eat to reach my goal every day...holidays included. Why is that odd? But I don't *just* think about calories on any of those days.

And reaching my protein minimum on holidays is sometimes (surprisingly) difficult.

TL;DR - reaching 3000-3500 calories every day (including holidays) isn't easy.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

food is never a joke.

Black bean brownies are pretty tasty, at least the few that I've had. I didn't know that they were made with beans when I ate them.

There are 6 pb cookies left (damn husband!). If they weigh 34g each, that's 960 calories. Go peanut butter!

You are dead to me.
  • zyxst
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

food is never a joke.

You are dead to me.

Hey, I didn't know they were made with beans when I ate them!
    black-bean-brownies.jenn_.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

food is never a joke.

You are dead to me.

Hey, I didn't know they were made with beans when I ate them!
    black-bean-brownies.jenn_.jpg

I convened the council and by a narrow one-vote margin, we have agreed to let this slide this time. However, please try to be more careful in the future.