Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Goin4goal wrote: »
    So geez, what will we have left to say??????? lol

Sensible calorie deficit, moderate exercise. Those should work.

someone banned deficits a couple pages ago. you have to eat OVER your calorie goal from now on because it has been declared.

Darn. How bout negative surplus? Huh, huh, that should be a good work around.

IN
  • Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

IN
    [/quote]

@smittybuilt19 @yoovie‌ - Think my boss would go for a negative surplus in my budget?
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

[/quote]

IN
    [/quote]

@smittybuilt19 @yoovie‌ - Think my boss would go for a negative surplus in my budget?[/quote]

Doubtful, however it does sound pretty sweet, but then...wait a sec.
  • yoovie
    Options
    i got a positive deficit for my xmas bonus!

airhump.gif
  • smittybuilt19
    Options
    i got a positive deficit for my xmas bonus!

airhump.gif

Lol. It's great to see your self imposed forum ban has been lifted. You are hilarious!

• yoovie
    Options
    ugh, they promised me they would ban me, but then they said I couldnt participate in super secret evil groups of hidden MFPeeps and I didnt want to lose that little space here, because only maybe 3 people in our real lives can stomach hearing about how much i lift, my plan, my new plan, my rock climbing, my races, my race plan and my meal plan. if I try to talk to them about it, they get this SHOOT ME IN THE FACE BEFORE I HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE OF THE NOT-CARING.

and I cant take away the one place where I can actually talk about fitness stuff.

Besides, I cant let the biddies win.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    "Journey."

absolutely this! :smiley:

• smittybuilt19
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ^^Understandable. I figured out how very few people IRL actually GAF about calorie deficits and such when I joined here a few years back.

I would talk to people about how great MFP was and they just wanted me to go away.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    neffme wrote: »
    I hate both lifestyle and diet. What word should I use though?!

dietstyle.

Watch for this in next year's phrase banning. I shall make it ever so popular.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options

someone banned deficits a couple pages ago. you have to eat OVER your calorie goal from now on because it has been declared.

Or would it be zero?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

I refer to it as 'my plan' since I got tired of 'lifestyle, journey & diet'.

• bigtwagner
    Options
    How about "funner"
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    "My personal trainer told me__________, so it must be true"
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Way of eating. Abbreviate it WOE and write a lot about my WOE. I promise that won't annoy anyone. Really.

Personally, I don't mind the term "diet" which either means, well, your way of eating or the fact that you are eating at a calorie level intended to cause weight loss, both pretty neutral things. I guess I don't mind lifestyle either, but it in theory should encompass much more than how you eat, like broader changes relating to activity and living in a way conducive to health or some such. But beyond that my lifestyle still does include lots of things that really have nothing to do with fitness or weight.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    "bump"
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The one that is driving me crazy and I never hope to hear again: "Starvation mode."
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Way of eating. Abbreviate it WOE and write a lot about my WOE. I promise that won't annoy anyone. Really.

Personally, I don't mind the term "diet" which either means, well, your way of eating or the fact that you are eating at a calorie level intended to cause weight loss, both pretty neutral things. I guess I don't mind lifestyle either, but it in theory should encompass much more than how you eat, like broader changes relating to activity and living in a way conducive to health or some such. But beyond that my lifestyle still does include lots of things that really have nothing to do with fitness or weight.

Well said.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    -Posts alternative recipe to traditional pasta dish, but still uses the original name of said dish-

"THAT'S NOT REAL SPAGHETTI/LASAGNA/PIZZA, AND MY DEAD ITALIAN GRANDMOTHER WOULD BE ROLLING IN HER GRAVE"
    Agreed. I think declaring other people's food "unworthy" is beyond absurd. It's, well, pathetic. :drinker:
    So yes, I totally agree.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Oh, that's beautiful. Worthy of a politician.

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    "Lift heavy"

why?

It's probably not the safest advice to give an unfit person who's never lifted, since it can lead to overtraining or injuries. I'm guilty of using the phrase, but i'm trying to replace it with "follow a good program". Good programs explain the proper progression from light to heavy.

Anyway, moving on...

"Stomach", when referring to "belly". The stomach is higher, up near the ribs.

"Lean protein" - protein is, by definition, lean. "Lean protein sources" is probably a better term.

"I NEED HELP!!!" - I check to make sure they're not having a medical emergency, then i click the back button.

A "terrible problem" with having only 4-pack abs, having one calf 1/4 inch larger than the other, or similar first-world problem that no else notices.

B)