123457»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Appetizer and meal sized.

BTW, my first sous vide experiment tonight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1rIkU1jJ8

I'm going to pick up some short ribs tomorrow to cook them for 48 hours, head to ace and get a propane torch to sear it up. Or I'll say eff it and just get a delmonico.

http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/the-egg-calculator

For poached eggs I'll do 60C for 30 min, crack them into a ramekin and toss them in boiling water for about 10sec to firm up the whites. Also can throw them in an ice bath and keep them on hand whenever you need soft boiled or poached eggs

Yeah, 65C was too much. I was thinking a 3 minute boil, then finish at 60-63C, somewhere in there. It's neat. I'm going to go beef shopping later today. This might be a great way to do sauerbraten too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mmm prime rib. I have no idea how to cook it unfortunately...
  • Cherie1n2n3n4
    Cherie1n2n3n4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Venison backstrap thick cut grilled to medium rare .. Just one plate a knife, fork, and salt.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Delmonico steak
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    x615k1x9i31o.jpg
    I made this the other night because this thread made me seriously crave steak!

T-bone with cheddar bourbon sauce, garlic shrimps, roasted portobello and asparagus, baked potato:)

Fk me that looks delicious!
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think it fits just fine in the Food section

One of my favorites Porterhouse preferably done in my cast iron skillet

steak1.jpg

Sweet fancy Moses that is a beautiful photo. I like Sutton and Doge (I buy them at Target) petite sirloins thrown into a smoking hot cast iron skillet for about 5 minutes per side and then set off to the side with lid for about 5 more minutes. Salt and pepper only.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This may not show the steak much but I did have about 3 oz of that tenderloin leftover along with leftover focaccia and horseradish cheddar so I made an open faced sandwich for lunch today...
    he7c5gge1kt8.jpg
  • jahuntley27
    Options
    x615k1x9i31o.jpg

T-bone with cheddar bourbon sauce, garlic shrimps, roasted portobello and asparagus, baked potato:)

That looks so good. Definitely having steak this week!
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok apparations I think that makes three of us coming to your house for that steak and shrimp ;)
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »
    Ok apparations I think that makes three of us coming to your house for that steak and shrimp ;)

Lol and the funny thing is that I live alone so I made that all for ME! :) The shrimp was so good, I cooked up a whole bag and used the rest the next day to make a nice little pasta.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Mom made some delicious roast stuff today. Also, there is nothing wrong with meat. Uhuh.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    Ribeye for me, or tenderloin... medium rare to medium... Simply rubbed with some olive oil and sprinkled with some salt and pepper (fresh cracked). If it's a THICK steak, then I'll marinade it in some Dale's marinade that's diluted with a little olive oil.

^^^^ absolutely this - medium so all the fat is cooked to perfection.

You can't beat some sea salt on a steak - really brings out the flavour of the meat.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    x615k1x9i31o.jpg

O M G - If I could only eat one more meal before I died, I seriously think this would be it!

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    The thread on eating in restaurants led to some interesting contributions on steaks, so let's talk steak.

What cut(s) is(are) your preference?
    How do you prepare it usually?
    How do you prepare for just a few people versus for a bunch?
    Do you prefer the oven or a Dutch oven like Le Creuset on the stovetop?
    Do you marinate?
    Other tips and comments?
    Or merely want to declare your steak love?

I'm particularly interested in the more affordable cuts that can be taken to new heights in recipes such as bœuf bourguignon!

ETA
    Should this be in recipes? Might have had a brain fart, sorry.

New York Strip
    Bring it to room temp
    We don't generally hold large gatherings
    I prefer a grill but have done them in the oven. The process below is for the grill.
    Lightly season salt, pepper and garlic OR Slap Ya Mama if I'm not worried about the sodium
    Don't need to marinate
    Heat the grill to high 3 minutes per side
    Move off the heat close the lid and leave on 3 -4 minutes for medium