Dating/Relationships

Options

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    you are not the only one. lol I've been divorced since 2008...have dated quite a bit since then but nothing has worked out. In fact, my brother asked over Christmas if I thought I'd ever get married again. I told him it would have to be someone incredible because after all this I have a pretty good protective wall built up and a phobia of marriage. lol
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    lana0715 wrote: »
    JackKopCh wrote: »
    MalineVD wrote: »
    @jackKopCh but but but, you look adorable?!

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif
    Yes I knew you looked like someone familiar!! Couldn't put my finger on it though but there you go! B)

I look like every celebrity going according to this place XD

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif

Some girls like that though :)

Where they hiding at!? D':
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif

Where they hiding at!? D':[/quote]

If i didn't live across a sea, I would totally date you :)

• vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Dating and relationships aren't worth the effort. So much effort and all you get is drama.

You're better off waiting to find someone who just wants sex. Meet, having fun for a few hours, then go your separate ways. Repeat once a week.

Either that, or get into kink. That stuff is fun too.

Is this post supposed to be ironic? Your screen name is chivalryder.....
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif

Where they hiding at!? D':

If i didn't live across a sea, I would totally date you :)

[/quote]
    Stahp! :blush:

18xrxkxnye12.gif
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »
    I have had relationships but they all seem to fail. I have kinda just stopped looking and figure that the right person will find ME when the time is right. I still go on dates but lately I have been meeting a bunch of *kitten* haha.

haha My life :)

mine too
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Recently divorced and trying to date with kids now is definitely awkward lol
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    fyftfe wrote: »
    <-- 100% single and have been for, oh ... approximately *mumble* years. I've tried both the "actively seeking" and "passively seeking" methods to no avail. At this point, I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I am destined to become the male equivalent of the Crazy Cat Lady (Crazy Cat Guy) / Old Maid (Old Butler). :s

I'd totally date a crazy cat guy! ...But I'd probably end up spending more time with the cats than with him...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    <-- 100% single and have been for, oh ... approximately *mumble* years. I've tried both the "actively seeking" and "passively seeking" methods to no avail. At this point, I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I am destined to become the male equivalent of the Crazy Cat Lady (Crazy Cat Guy) / Old Maid (Old Butler). :s

I'd totally date a crazy cat guy! ...But I'd probably end up spending more time with the cats than with him...
    As a "crazy cat guy," I would point out that spending time with the cats IS spending time with him (what do you think I do during my free time?).
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

As a "crazy cat guy," I would point out that spending time with the cats IS spending time with him (what do you think I do during my free time?).

True!
  • desirail
    desirail Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago my aunt commented "it's time we hear the pitter-patter of little feet around here during the holidays." I shot that down with, "well somebody better find a husband for me and wives for brother and cousins." Still hasn't happened for any of us! I think the family is going to die out... like dinosaurs.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    im nervous i may be to perverted for some guys.. sighhh
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

The hard part, I'm guessing, is to pinpoint WHICH of them do.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    ive had guys NOT want to leave me for the reasons of what my mouth can do, so hard..
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    lisalips30 wrote: »
    ive had guys NOT want to leave me for the reasons of what my mouth can do, so hard..

well this just got interesting ;p
  • SassyMoonbeams
    SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to really, really get discouraged too. It seems like as soon as things start getting intense, it just all turns into a shitshow. I've had this good friend for almost 8 years now, never met...he lives in another country. Earlier this year he wanted to fly down and visit me and I kinda shot him down cause I was getting over a 6 year relationship that ended terribly. Anyway, me and this friend reconnected end of November and just....the timing was right for me and we fell head over heels for eachother. Talked every day, Skyped, were planning on meeting in April....

Then his chronic illness started flaring up a couple weeks ago and I haven't talked to him in a week. I've messaged him to ask how he is cause he was waiting for test results....nothing. He reads my messages but no response. It is absolutely breaking me. And this is a guy I've known for ages and really trust and I've told him things that maybe a handful of people know about me. I miss him every damn day and I'm trying my best to keep my chin up but I honestly........I'm worried about him and so so sad.

It's just things like this that make me lose hope completely.
  • SassyMoonbeams
    Options
    Sorry for the rant. It feels good to get it off my chest and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling discouraged.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    dont worry Sas, sometimes us guys just for whatever reason take a few weeks out from the ones we care about, rightly or wrongly he might be just doing the same. if he is reading your messages he is still thinking of you. chin up gal

xx
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Hmm... broke up with my last bf 2 Xmas' ago. Knew he wasn't interested in anything permanent from the getgo and that was fine at the time. Time passed, I changed, he did not. So I moved on.

For the past 4 months, I've been on 4 dating sites. My latest "date" was an ok evening, but the conversation consisted of me asking an open-ended question and him answering in a finite way; me going on for a bit on that open-ended topic, then asking another open-ended question and him answering in another finite way. Yada yada.

Well, I got a great new profile picture out of it (see above) when a woman at the museum we visited volunteered to take a picture of me in the conceptual art show we were viewing. B)
  • SassyMoonbeams
    Options
    siport wrote: »
    dont worry Sas, sometimes us guys just for whatever reason take a few weeks out from the ones we care about, rightly or wrongly he might be just doing the same. if he is reading your messages he is still thinking of you. chin up gal

xx

Si you're just a freaking doll. Thank you so much. It would sure be nice if he'd just tell me, "hey I need some time to myself" or something instead of just vanishing :s I think men are just as complicated as women!