Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: I went to the gym the two days I had planned this year so far. :) I am sore though so I'm heading to take a bath. Apparently my body has gone into shock with working out again. HA!

@Laurie...some tough decisions in front of you. I pray that you find what works for you and that your parents can understand. The initial move will be tough but then you all will learn the new "normal." My mom got a type of life alert (I don't know which brand). It lets her push a button if she falls and they call all of us kids in town and a dear friend if she presses it. If they can't reach any of us, 911 is called. She hasn't had to use it yet and her situation is different than your parents but it gives us some peace of mind. I know your mother is doing well, but it might be something to think about if she puts herself in a precarious situation with your dad.

For those with MIL issues, thank you...you put mine in perspective. :) Mine likes to tell me what type of soap to use, how to save my money etc, but for the most part loves us all and wants what is best for all of us.

@Niki...hopefully you can avoid the flu. It hit our house before and after Christmas. Emma missed the last couple days of school due to it, was better for Christmas and then on Friday, my son, husband and I all felt crappy. We were hosting so I had to call and tell them all to stay away. They did stop by to pick up the food I was planning on feeding them, but then were gone. I basically slept for 4 days before I felt well enough to do anything. It's been a week and I still have a lingering sore throat and cough.

Got some errands run today. Got my first real "I hate you" from my 8 year old daughter. That one was rough. She ultimately made me cry three times from it. She did apologize on her own later and cuddled up with me. When I asked her why after we just spent a few hours together going out to lunch and shopping, she said we never do anything she likes. I reminded her that on Wednesday we ate at the restaurant she chose and went to the movie Annie. Then she got to stay up until midnight watching Maleficient with me. It did lead to a good discussion about how you take turns doing things with the people you love. UGH!!

Well, the chips and cheese put me over on calories today but not too bad. They are hidden now so it should be the end of it.

Have a great night!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Regarding the MIL: we actually had a really good relationship for years. In fact, my DH and his siblings used to always joke that I was her favorite "child." Even as my DH started to lose patience with her when she started calling incessantly to "just talk," I would tell him to "cut her some slack; she's just lonely." When she called, I would chat with her for awhile if DH wasn't home to talk (or even if he was and just didn't feel like talking to her). That's why it's so crazy that she's blaming all of this on me. :(

@barbara--glad to hear your mother is okay. And I agree with mkknits--if no one has ever commented on it, you re probably a darned good MIL. Glad I could help with the food scale tip. :wink:

@laurie--Weren't you looking for a place of your own a couple of years ago? I think your compromise to move out but stay close is a good one. As much as you want to be there for your parents, you need to fair to yourself as well.

@michelle--I agree with erin, that's awful!

@MKknits‌ --when the MFP database is all over the place, I try to choose a calorie count that's somewhere in the middle and seems reasonable. The 400 calories for a cup of pad thai sounds about right to me. Yum by the way! Thai food is my absolute favorite!

@niki--thanks so much for sharing the list of phrases! Hope you feel better soon.

@kai--don't ever feel bad about venting on the thread--that's what we're here for. :smile:

Some of your MIL stories are reinforcing my decision to not have children. At least I don't have to deal with her interference in that realm (as my SIL has had to). It also makes it easier to cut ties--we don't have to see her "for the sake of the kids."

@L2T--great to see you back!!

AFM--I went to starbucks this evening to grade, but ended up spending about 3 hours planning for my juniors. We have the ACT coming up in early March, plus they have their big junior research papers this semester. Getting all of the ACT prep and JRP work days scheduled around the regular curriculum was quite a puzzle, but I think I've got it worked out.

Tomorrow I will spend grading the Scarlet Letter essays b/c I will be collecting another 17 by Wed and need to get the, back to the kiddos by the following Monday. The AP essays don't need to be done for 2 more weeks, so no rush on those.

I scheduled 3 gym visits for next week. My goal is to make at least 2 of those 3 stick. :smile: For simplicity's sake, I will count my weeks as Sunday to Saturday for my All-in goal of 2 runs /week.

2015 mantra = "Just 15 minutes"

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 3/3 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Cleaning Goals:
    1. clean fish tank

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/50 AP essays
    2. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--rest day (meeting)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • jeheer
    jeheer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @bootygroove‌-- great mantra. Just 15 minutes. Thats a great idea. Because once you get out the door and get going you are most likely going to do more than 15 minutes worth of exercise. For me its getting myself out the door and to the gym, which is right near my house so i really dont have an excuse not to go. Its just plain being lazy. Once i get there i know im not going to spend only 15 minutes doing a workout. For me that seems like that would be a waste of time. Im here now, make the best use of the time now. And mabye even go all out. Do some cardio to start with but then move into some interval stuff. Im still learning moves for interval training but man it kicks my butt every time. My goal when i go to the gym is to be tired and sweaty but feel like i accomplished something. Like it was completely worth it.

Goals for this month: just starting out
    Cardio -want 20/31. Current 0/31
    Weights- want 15/31 Current 0/31
    Interval- want 10/31 Current 0/31

New mantra: just keep going. One more set or 5 more minutes. Then you can stop
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi again. I've caught up reading several pages of posts over the past few days. I tried to post yesterday but the site wouldn't let me for some reason. Anyway, hope everyone had a nice holiday season. I'm starting back on plan tomorrow... I like to start on Mondays. I'm cleaning out the kitchen on Tuesday (garbage night) and going shopping later today for healthy foods and snacks. My plan is to make a quinoa casserole for dinners through the week as well as a big pot of lentil soup. I'm going to start tracking and reset my TDEE, which I know has come down since I'm not exercising as much as I used to. That will be the next thing I do though... back to physio. I'm also putting myself on a budget, so my life will become more structured through the week as well as where I go on weekends. I have been a do whatever, whenever, and think about it ($$) later kinda gal, so I need to change that.

@Robin... congrats on becoming a greeter on the site. You are the perfect person for that position.

@skinnyjeanz... what a fantastic idea to weigh your sandwich toppings, I must try that.

I have the best of intentions for continuing my weight loss this year, but still lack the motivation. I'm not sure what's keeping me from being fired up about this like I was last year. Even a 45 lb loss and feeling better physically is not making me want to keep going. I can't figure out why.

My mantra for 2015 is "one day at a time". I think too far into the future and where I should be at. Instead I need to work on it one day at a time. Today, do it right, every day. So when that future comes, progress will have been made, rather than coming up short on an arbitrary weight/size/number that I picked.

GOALS: track food daily and be under calories 23/26 days (Jan5-31)
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Doing my weekly goal list.

Calorie goal: 3/4 (but it's only 11:15 am)

January All In Weekly Work Goals:

12 MCARE - 2 done
    25 MMPRS
    November 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20

Monday:
    My "what's this" file
    Supply order

Wednesday:
    Meditation
    Red Folders

Thursday:
    Office Weekly Calendar Draft

Friday:
    Office Weekly Calendar Final
    Time card

Doing the Thing,
    Kai
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am ready to get back to a routine after lots of holiday fun.

@Robin-Congrats on your new role with MFP! You are very deserving of that honor.

My word for 2015 is DISCIPLINE. I know what I need to do and I know how to do it so I will be strengthening my self discipline to reach my goals. With that said...

Jan Week 1 goal:
    At or below calorie goal for 6/7 days

Jan Week 1 All In goal:
    Walk dog for 15 min with H 4/7 days

Here's to a successful week for all!

Laura
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Earth at Perihelion day!
    Tonight – that is, before dawn tomorrow from our North American longitudes – our planet Earth will reach perihelion, its closest point to the sun for the year. This annual event will take place on January 4, 2015 at 6:36 UTC (01:36 a.m. EST). The word perihelion is from Greek roots peri meaning near, and helios meaning sun.
    Earth is closest to the sun every year in early January, when it’s winter for the Northern Hemisphere. We’re farthest away from the sun in early July, during our Northern Hemisphere summer.
    Earth is about 5 million kilometers – or 3 million miles – closer to the sun in early January than it will be in early July. That’s not a huge change in distance. It’s not enough of a change to cause the seasons on Earth.
    Despite what many may think, Earth’s distance from the sun isn’t what causes the seasons. On Earth, because our orbit is so close to being circular, it’s mostly the tilt of our world’s axis that creates winter and summer. In winter, your part of Earth is tilted away from the sun. In summer, your part of Earth is tilted toward the sun. The day of maximum tilt toward or away from the sun is the December or June solstice.

http://earthsky.org/tonight/earth-comes-closest-to-sun-every-year-in-early-january

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast04jan_1/

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~Maya Angelou

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tom--I never know that about the earth's distance from the sun--thanks for the info!

@laura & tanya--welcome back!

@jeheer‌ --I think you meant me in your post regarding "just 15 minutes." I feel the same way--it's often the getting out the door that's the hard part. I've never worked out for less than 30 minutes at the gym. In fact, I'm usually there for at least an hour--30 minutes would be b/c I just don't have time to stay longer. I'm like you--if I went to all the trouble to get into my gym clothes and get all sweaty, I'm gonna make the most of it. :smile:

Sunday Share:
    Since there are so many newlings, I'll give a brief intro. I'm karen, a HS English Lit teacher from Chicago. I'm 45 and have been an MFP member for almost 4 years. I started at 241lbs and lost the bulk of almost 60 lbs during my first year. Since then I've gotten down to 183 (my current weight), but I've had about 2 years of yo-yo-ing between 183 and 190. Over the past couple of months I've managed to stay more consistently around 183-185 so my next step is to bust through this low and start really losing weight again. I currently have my goal set at 150, but I'm not sure if that's realistic. I'm 5'7" with a large frame--currently in a size 12 pants and M tops. I would love to get down to an 8 pants just b/c I've never been in single digits before. My current goal is just to get into the 170s.

My biggest struggle lately is juggling work and exercise. I almost always have grading to do after school and on weekends; plus, I've taken on the added task of being on the bargaining team for my district's union as we bargain our new contract. This means a lot of after-school meetings for the next couple of months. I'm hopeful we will be done by mid to late Feb, but there's no way to know for sure.

Right now I'm at starbucks trying to get into a grading groove, but it's alluding me. I figured I would post here and then force myself to do just 15 minutes of grading essays, so here I go. :wink:

2015 mantra = "Just 15 minutes"

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 3/3 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Cleaning Goals:
    1. clean fish tank DH said he'll do this--YAY!!

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/50 AP essays
    2. 2/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner NOT DONE (too snowy, wet, and cold outside)
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--rest day (meeting)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound‌ - Did you do your 15 minutes of grading? :wink:

(I keep accidentally posting before I'm done. Arg!)

Sat down and wrote out my goals for this week so I can get crackin'!

Diet Goals

* Make a meal plan and stick with it!
    * At/Under calorie limit 5/7 days
    * No fast food 4/7 days
    * Create meal plan for Sissy Nights (Saturday, my night with nieces & nephews) with healthy options for me

Excercise Goals

* Gym for at least 30 minutes of cardio at least 3/7 days
    * Find short yoga routine to do at home as part of Miracle Morning

Health Goals

* Take meds daily
    * Refill pill box when empty

Personal Goals

* Finish reading The Miracle Morning
    * Create Miracle Morning routine and implement 5/7 days

Cleaning Goals

* Declutter kitchen

Work Goals

* Edit PR pitch and sent to partner for review - DONE
    * Write mag profile #1 and send out for review
    * Write mag profile #2 and send out for review
    * Write mag profile #3 and send out for review
    * Invoice magazines
    * Set up interviews for profile #4 and feature article
    * Figure out shopping cart issue for e-commerce site
    * Sub at high school on Thursday

January All-In Goals

* Login to MFP daily - 4/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - /31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 2/31

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi kids,
    @NK1112: Thanks for collecting all the mantras. It was great to read.
    Start Again, Decide, Love yourself, Believe, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, Follow-Through, Live Intentionally, Positively Tom, Learn to Love Yourself, Just 15 Minutes, Doing the Thing, Determination to try new things and confidence in myself to do anything I want, Eat half of that, you will feel satisfied, Be Consistent, I can do it if I make myself do it, Have half, Do IT, Tenacity, Expect a miracle, but in the meantime work your butt off, Perfect effort and balance, Effort alone is worthy, Mindfulness, Do something new, Get out of the house.
    @Mountmary84: Thanks...I'm glad you are here too!!
    @Newbies: Welcome to this group. You will get a lot from this discussion. ;)
    @anyone whose message I missed....sorry. I did just skim the pages of posts I missed since New Year's Eve.

My new year is settling back to routine. Less snacky foods being available will be a welcome relief.
    Back to the grindstone.
    Perfect Effort and Balance,
    Mara
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am happy to report that I went grocery shopping, prepped all my veggies, made a casserole and prepped my lentil soup for the crockpot tomorrow morning for lunches/dinners. I reset my TDEE to 2070 calories, which is only 130 calories less than I was allowed last time. That is for a 1.5 lb per week loss, still very manageable I must say! I also pre logged my food for tomorrow. This morning I was quite unmotivated, but I'm glad I got it done.

One day at a time.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Today was a busy day, Sunday's always seem to be. I don't know why I insist on trying to get everything done, its not like I can't do stuff during the week. :grimacing: Went to church this morning then had a session with my trainer--found myself not home until 4pm and felt like I had so much to do.

@Laurie~I'm sorry of the decisions you have looming. I'm sure your parents understand and support your need to be out on your own and to be your own person. I can't remember, does your brother live far away or does he help out also? I'm sure if you're nearby they'll rest easy knowing you're just a phone call away.

Sunday Share~Since there are so many newbies. I'm Kelley, 46, and and accountant in the healthcare industry. I live in a suburb of Dallas with my Maine Coon, Zoe. I've been on this weight loss journey for several years, lost 75# on WW and joined MFP in March 2012. I found this thread shortly thereafter. The friendships I've developed here have been great for helping me lose another 30# but I still have a way to go. I struggled a lot with injuries in 2014, but still kept at it--my weight fluctuated a lot so feel like I didn't make much headway. I want 2015 to be different so I recently returned to WW. I thought a lot about this decision and ultimately decided to return so I could support a good friend who has been struggling with his weight loss for a long time. I also felt like I needed to shake things up a bit. So far its going well.

AFM~Watched a nail biter of a Cowboy game, but they pulled off the win and will face the Packers next week. That's going to be one tough game! Good session with trainer today, I :heart: deadlift day! LOL This week will be tricky for cardio because of year-end close at work--everything has to be done by Wednesday, so I think Monday could be my longest work day. At the very least I hope to make it to the gym on Wednesday. So my workout schedule is subject to change. :wink:

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Cardio (?)
    Tuesday~Trainer (?)
    Wednesday~Cardio
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Cardio

• ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've stuck to my goal of resting this weekend to try to kick this cold but it doesnt seem to be helping. Luckily I go to the doctor tomorrow. I also go back to work tomorrow after about 10 days of vacation. It'll be nice to have a check again, but sucks to be wicked busy again. But at the same time, hopefully it'll help me get back to my routine. Have a good night everyone!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Busy day for me as well. Gym triple class. I feel a really good start on the week.
    Went shopping for clothes as I lost my favorite sweatshirt and did not resist a new pair of jeans. . . I am down another size. Regular size 16!!!!! Feeling pretty sassy tonight.

Food is going well and I am very grateful for that. The adjusted calorie level seems right. The scale tells all on Thursday.

The new kitty is settling in and we are all getting along well.

@kah68 - Hubby will be at the Cowboy/Packers game next week. I am sure you and I will both be watching and rooting (but not for the same team).

@Morgori - Great info today. Thank you.

@Robin - Congrats! You will do well.

All the talk about pre-planning has me thinking I have things to do in the kitchen.

Hope everyone has a great week.
    Lori <3
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think I've figured out my snacky binges - when I feel like I'm just eating to eat I reach for the jar of spicy pickles I love. 4 of those (they are cut like bread and butter pickles) and it seems to help me stop, they still taste great an I love the spicy sweet combo but they don't always taste good with other things so it really makes me think am I hungry or bored.

Supper tonight let me meal prep 6 more meals for DH and I so we have plenty ready to go weighed/measured meals for the week. DH doesn't care about the weighed measured so I make the meals to my portion sizes and then he adds more rice/protein from our leftovers to his meals to make them the size he wants.
  • scrubb816
    scrubb816 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So, I just saw a picture of myself taken on Christmas day... Wow! If that photo doesn't motivate me, nothing will! Happy to say that these 3 days have been a success and I am focused to continue. I am a stay at home mom to two little boys. My current goal is to lose 118... That would put me at my high school weight! Lol, and I thought I was chubby back then ;) Here is to a great week for us all!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and encouragement to move out. Kelley- my brother lives across the yard literally but has back problems so he is not much help with my dad. Karen- this has been an on-going debate with me for a couple of years. Everytime I am ready to make this decision my dad takes a turn for the worst. When it is just Mom and I everything is great and more relaxed.

Kelley- Good luck with the year end reports.

Scrubb-I am also trying to get close to my high school weight. I am almost there but need to push through these last 10 pounds and keep it off to reach 188 pounds. I know we can do this.

A quick introduction: I started on MFP about 4 years ago and this journey 4.5 years ago and lost the majority of my 70 lbs during the first year. I teach 8th grade science in Maryland. I would like to lose another 20-30 pounds which would put me at the top end of normal weight.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Mantra: Determination and Self-Confidence

Goals for the week
    Sunday- Gym- Walk Done
    Monday- Trainer
    Tuesday- Rest may try to swim depending on time.
    Wednesday- Rest
    Thursday-Gym
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- Swim

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone ... I've been reading the posts but will not do personals as I am foggy-headed with this cold/flu thing I have.

Sunday Share ... there are so many @newbies on that I thought a little about me might be in order. I am 69 years old and have weighed over 200 pounds since 1993. My goal is to get back to the weight I was the year I turned 40 ... 170 pounds. As of my last weigh-in, I still have about 70 pounds to go to get there. I've been using MFP to log my food and thoughts since January 2008 when I was at my highes weight of 278 pounds. I did lose 33 pounds at first, but slacked off and the weight slowly came back. Even with using MFP I didn't have much success in getting back to even that lower weight until this year. I am a T2 Diabetic with physical issues that I let forestall me from keeping up good exercise habits. Many years the only exercise I got was at physical therapy. The reason I want to get trimmer is because of my brother ... he was grossly obese also, and he was a T2 diabetic as well. I say was because he passed away from complications due to his failing health from both the weight and the diabetes. My brother was 9 years younger than me. I vowed I would do whatever I could to get my health back and I knew that meant making a whole life-style change and creating new habits and routines.

January Challenge
    Calories at or under goal ... 4/4 (goal is 28/31)
    All-In ... I do not exercise on the weekends and won't while I am sick but my target is 3 times a week at the Y.

Follow-through Niki
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @New People- welcome to the group.
    @MKknits- when my son was younger I struggled with the same thing being I was a single parent with no family close to me to help out I was always last. I am glad you liked your yoga class.
    @skinny- I left all my leftovers at the house I was at for NYE, so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat them. Your MIL sounds like my mother….bless your soul for all your tolerance because people like that wear on other’s patience real quick.
    @RobinsEgg- That is great that they offered you moderator. Wow! Great job weighing all the bowls and plates and posting the weight.
    @Jtconst- Congrats on garage clean up, new fun items for you and your home. I sync my fitbit up to MFP it tracks everything for me so the answer is yes you no longer have to track fitness.
    @grandmakaye- sorry to hear about your fall while walking, I hope your ribs heal fast.
    @Laurie- I will pray for you as you have this internal struggle. I am wondering if there is a nurse or homecare type thing that can help your mom out?
    @tlh0407- Welcome to the “good parent club” I know that “I hate you” stings but I was told that is how you know your being a good parent. I cried the first time I heard it but I started smiling and saying “well I love you” back to my son. Now he is 18 so he doesn’t say it anymore.
    AFM- This weekend it got real cold here. I have been walking up and down the stairs in my house for exercise. I ventured outside for a 5 minute walk or so and I almost frozen when I returned. It is -6 here in just temp we have a wind chill advisory in place too. I must say I am liking this new laptop it is nice to be mobile again. I forgot how fast the thread moves at the beginning of the year…I am trying to test my day limit so on the 12th when school starts up again because I won’t be able to check in daily like now. My name is Holly I am a single mom of an 18yr old boy. I live in Minneapolis MN and love to walk. I work full time for Target HQ in the Property Development area. I also attend college working on getting my bachelor's degree. I have been here for many years with starting over many times my goal in 2015 is to love myself so my life can be how I would want it to be which is fun, peaceful and happy.
  • wmander1
    wmander1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Since it's Sunday Share, I thought I'd introduce myself...

My name is Whitney and I'd consider myself a southern belle. I love teaching, fashion, reading and most days sweating at the gym! I'm on a mission this year to lose approximately 100 lbs. so that I'm healthy enough to start a family. I lost as much as 30 lbs. last year and managed to gain it all back by the end if the year! It's been a defeating process but I've finally decided to really make my health a priority. I teach reading to 2nd & 3rd grade students and have a part time job tutoring in the afternoon. This makes for a hectic schedule an I am typically exhausted by 7 p.m. I've decided to take some steps planning out workouts and food to make life simpler. I'd love to have some motivating friends and accountability partners! Good luck with all go your goals this week!