Options
    You all deserve each other.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    quote from the article:

"Except during the summer months, the skin makes little if any vitamin D from the sun at latitudes above 37 degrees north (in the United States, the shaded region in the map) or below 37 degrees south of the equator. People who live in these areas are at relatively greater risk for vitamin D deficiency."
    Where exactly in that quote does it say many people have it?

"For these and other reasons, a surprising number of Americans — more than 50% of women and men ages 65 and older in North America — are vitamin D–deficient, according to a consensus workshop held in 2006. "
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options
    quote from the article:

"Except during the summer months, the skin makes little if any vitamin D from the sun at latitudes above 37 degrees north (in the United States, the shaded region in the map) or below 37 degrees south of the equator. People who live in these areas are at relatively greater risk for vitamin D deficiency."
    Where exactly in that quote does it say many people have it?

"For these and other reasons, a surprising number of Americans — more than 50% of women and men ages 65 and older in North America — are vitamin D–deficient, according to a consensus workshop held in 2006. "

Get that data from that consensus workshop please. What about the large number of people between 1 day old and 64 years old?

dude, quit trolling. i provided enough evidence in here. get a new hobby.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    lol at "NONE". that is a blatant lie, unless you don't actually talk to anyone.

Really? Because I have grown up with them. It's not some family you see every 10 years. Also I worked for a hospital in Manhattan and still currently do work for one, one of the largest health systems in the city, responding to 911 emergencies. I deal with patient medical histories all day every day as part of my job. Ask me how often I come across people that are Vitamin D deficient.

Also, go ahead and post the evidence that you have that people in "our" area are vit D deficient. I found nothing. You claim iit's easy to find so provide the supporting evidence.

Same here. My PTs barely have vit D listed. I usually only see it in elderly females residing in "nursing" homes. I also work in the NYC 911 system, so I am curious as to where you are getting those facts from.
  • elphie754
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »

Really? Because I have grown up with them. It's not some family you see every 10 years. Also I worked for a hospital in Manhattan and still currently do work for one, one of the largest health systems in the city, responding to 911 emergencies. I deal with patient medical histories all day every day as part of my job. Ask me how often I come across people that are Vitamin D deficient.

Also, go ahead and post the evidence that you have that people in "our" area are vit D deficient. I found nothing. You claim iit's easy to find so provide the supporting evidence.

So you are on an ambulance all day, just like I was. And you say none of your patients' medical histories included Vit D deficiency. Funny, that was never something I was really concerned about during an emergency. Did you ask any of those people if they had even been tested for it? Did you personally see their bloodwork?

Really? You never looked at a pt medication list in an emergency? Wow. That's actually a frightening statement.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

then you are just lying. thanks for playing.

I can assure you he is not lying.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You know who has a Vitamin D deficiency? Dr. Acula. Not sure if it's due to diet or lifestyle.

Ib8bRKO.gif

In any event, please review these fabulous community guidelines, and get the discussion back on track.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don`t need as much vitamin D as my ancestors were vikings!
    There. An unfounded statement. I don`t think we even know what optimal levels are or what is a deficiency for whom.
    I see Mercola, eyeroll, and the New York times have been cited here...
    The naturopaths and chiropractors have muddied the water again.
  • jahuntley27
    Options
    Yes, I add it to my diet in the form of Vitamin D3 for a variety of reasons. Interesting to hear all of the positive feedback.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=QTNFJnG_6ME&list=PLA2B229C42784AD73

This doctor at a medical convention 2012? is presenting research on Sleep and how low Vit D3 can cause bad sleep.

It is about one hour long but is broken down into 5 parts. Part #3 is where she gets deep into medical conditions that may be related to low Vit D3.
  • elphie754
    Options

This doctor at a medical convention 2012? is presenting research on Sleep and how low Vit D3 can cause bad sleep.

It is about one hour long but is broken down into 5 parts. Part #3 is where she gets deep into medical conditions that may be related to low Vit D3.

You are bringing this back up again? You weren't getting enough attention in another thread?
  • Aviva92
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

You are bringing this back up again? You weren't getting enough attention in another thread?

what's wrong with bringing this back up?

if you don't like it, you are free to ignore it.
  • elphie754
    Options

How about that it contains some dangerous advice.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

What did you find to be dangerous advice from this MD invited to speak at a medical convention in TX?

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

• elphie754
    Options

What did you find to be dangerous advice from this MD invited to speak at a medical convention in TX?

Just because some is a DR does not mean they do not give dangerous advice. You know what they call the person who graduated the bottom of their class in Med School? Doctor.

I've had a physician who gave a confirmed hemorrhagic (bleeding) stroke heparin. You can bet when I went to transfer them to a different hospital I stopped that medication immediately. By your logic, since he was an MD, there was nothing dangerous about that right?
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

Just because some is a DR does not mean they do not give dangerous advice. You know what they call the person who graduated the bottom of their class in Med School? Doctor.

I've had a physician who gave a confirmed hemorrhagic (bleeding) stroke heparin. You can bet when I went to transfer them to a different hospital I stopped that medication immediately. By your logic, since he was an MD, there was nothing dangerous about that right?

Elphie since you apparently have not listen to what the doctor said who was dressed as and sounded like an female you may want to listen to her practice findings with real live patients. I applied no logic because I never said 'there was nothing dangerous'.

I (as one holding an OD degree from SCO 1986) listened to the doctor's presentation TWICE before linking it in this case. Since her peers asked her to make this presentation would care some weight with those who likes peers to approve of medical findings.

Please listen to the presentation before replying. Thank you. Gale Hawkins