The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    You're a beast suffer, and you know it. @LesliePierceRN‌ - I did the same thing earlier this week....and was burning up by mile 2 - and stripping as I went.... but it's an amazing feeling when you're done!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Oh, I hated it to begin with.. but not for long! I love being in the zone, and I love the high afterward.. I considered for like a second turning around and going home.. and the first thing I said when the run was done was, "I'm SOOO glad I didn't quit." It's always worth it.
  • LadyRN76
    The zone is the best place in the world.
  • LesliePierceRN
    I try and try to recruit my friends to run.. They think I'm some maniac.. I tell them they have no idea what they're missing.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    The high? I have never experienced the runners high. People who experience the runners high must get absolutely stoned when they slam their fingers in the car door. :frowning:
  • LesliePierceRN
    Oh no, suffer!! No high? I feel so bad for you.. it's the best!!
  • LadyRN76
    Suffer has a fear of running...LMAO....he prefers the bike...so I let him bike..and I run
    I completely understand. I ran 18 miles the other day and was asked THREE times by people that knew me..you ok?? You need a ride...You're pretty far out..you sure??
  • LesliePierceRN
    Lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Lady, No one ever asks me that on the bike. They just flip me off and keep driving while yelling, "GET A CAR!" :laugh: I really did enjoy the Huckleberry 100 last year. I'm doing it again. The 100 miles wasn't bad. I'm thinking of working up to the STP (Seattle to Portland) and trying to do the 200 miles in one day.
  • LadyRN76
    I still say you should do the "Hotter n Hell" in Wichita Falls...
    It's funny...I used to look at runners with contempt...now I don't know what I would do if I couldn't run.
  • sufferlandrian
    OK, I'll let you guys in on something. I used to run a lot. I would run 5 miles three times a week and on weekends I would run between 15 and 30 miles depending on how I felt. I injured my back when I lived in Spokane and I've been a cyclist since then. I still never got the runners high, but I can look back at some of the runs like going over Transmountain Highway with a fair bit of pride.
  • LadyRN76
    edited January 2015
    Awesome that you were able to pick up cycling and still kick *kitten*.... :)
    Ahem. I still say you should do the Hotter n Hell...
  • sufferlandrian
    I would need to get more than two days off to do that. I can see it now, going from the temperatures here to over 100 there. I would think it was hell. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • LadyRN76
    The last year I volunteered for it - it was 118.
  • sufferlandrian
    That's like Africa hot. No thanks. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    LMAO...and most of them would say that to your races....they're use to racing the southern circuit....not snow...and cold.
  • Fellow night shifters. Is there a way to choose when your food diary starts and ends? Some weeks my "days" end at 5 am. I end up with a meal and a snack logged in on the "new" day since to after midnight. Any ideas?
  • LadyRN76
    You can alter the names of your diet to fit whatever timing works for you. Go to diary settings.
  • aus3218
    aus3218 Posts: 4 Member
    I can not wait to go home to sleep. nights like these make me not want to work out as Im feeling so exhausted. Thats an excuse! how do you get yourselves to get your work out in when your feeling extremely tired? not to mention it seems the entire staff is sick on this floor.
  • LadyRN76
    edited January 2015
    You don't sit down when you get home; you put on your workout gear and do it anyway. That's what I will do in 2 hours...and I'm exhausted - I have chest/back ...and then I will run 6 miles tmw afternoon...you have to remind yourself why...and then do it.