What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    KC7997 wrote: »
    mygnsac wrote: »
    S
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I need to figure out how to make an omelet without it turning into scrambled eggs because of my fails.

My omelettes always evolved into ramped up scrambled. A few weeks ago someone on another post gave me these tips, and I've actually turned out some omelettes that look like omelettes...cook at just under medium heat; after pouring in egg mixture let it cook for 3 minutes; add your add-ons (veggies, meat, cheese, etc) and cover pan with lid and leave it alone for a couple minutes (should be nearly set); fold over and let it set for a another minute. This was my last omelette...

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

Indeed. Now if I had a pan with lid :(
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    KC7997 wrote: »
    mygnsac wrote: »
    S
    I need to figure out how to make an omelet without it turning into scrambled eggs because of my fails.

My omelettes always evolved into ramped up scrambled. A few weeks ago someone on another post gave me these tips, and I've actually turned out some omelettes that look like omelettes...cook at just under medium heat; after pouring in egg mixture let it cook for 3 minutes; add your add-ons (veggies, meat, cheese, etc) and cover pan with lid and leave it alone for a couple minutes (should be nearly set); fold over and let it set for a another minute. This was my last omelette...

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

Indeed. Now if I had a pan with lid :(

I bet some foil on top word work, too! :-)
  • emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i81ojmrd4xcf.jpg

Last night. There was also 2 scoops of mash on the side
  • hollysiegling
    hollysiegling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    I feel bad re-creating the thread with nothing to add, so here is the last meal I posted:

8282938337_35a8ceb761.jpg

Pork chop with Noodle Salad.

Can you give the recipe to the noodle salad?
  • emmaupton1980
    emmaupton1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel bad re-creating the thread with nothing to add, so here is the last meal I posted:

This looks amazing!! What is in with the noodles?
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was flipping through the pictures and thinking, "Man, some of these guys dine out a lot...and nice places...I wish we had places cooking up food like that around here, actually putting real thought into the plating... :# ...I'd pay to pack up Hubby and hit the restaurant circuit that ACG frequents..." Then I realized that most of the stuff on here is homemade...dang!
    (I love cooking and baking, but I can't even get ingredients like that here.)

They need to do a "Hell's Kitchen - Beast Edition"...when the punishment comes and the losing team has to unpack the truck, they could just take their abs outside, toss a half a beef over each shoulder and walk to the kitchen. ("That was a good warm up. I've been missing the gym.") I bet even Gordon Ramsay would think twice before going on an angry tirade... ITV and FOX...feel free to put my name in the credits. ;)
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm these look sooo delish and making me hungry, hehe
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You people make me hungry!
  • shelleydavies1991
    shelleydavies1991 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Edwardshar wrote: »
    You people make me hungry!
    I was thinking exactly the same! :p
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    We made fantastic Dandan noodles tonight, with a spicy, fiery and slightly peanuty sauce full of chili bean paste, peanut butter, sichuan peppercorns, garlic and ginger. It was amazing! We used soba noodles (instead of more common chinese noodles for this dish) because of the nutritional value, and we added a lot of greens to make healthier. I love this recipe!

gjhhygkyn7s7.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Butter and parm

IMG_20150107_190113.jpg
    20150107_191547.jpg
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We made fantastic Dandan noodles tonight, with a spicy, fiery and slightly peanuty sauce full of chili bean paste, peanut butter, sichuan peppercorns, garlic and ginger. It was amazing! We used soba noodles (instead of more common chinese noodles for this dish) because of the nutritional value, and we added a lot of greens to make healthier. I love this recipe!

I LOVE Dan Dan noodles. Can you share the recipe, please?
  • DaivaSimone
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used the recipe on Lady and Pup as a base, but I tweaked it. I didn't do the schezuan chili oil because I had some already, and for the sauce, we used a mix of gochujuang and doubanjiang paste (that could have bean miso too) instead of the chili bean paste. Also, I had some leftover ham bone broth that used instead of the chicken broth.

We used 400 g of extra-lean ground pork, yamaimo soba noodles (two bundles) and a bunch of organic chard and four cups of spinach to round out the meal. It came at about 525 cals for a big bowl (4 servings for the whole recipe).
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Breakfast today was 2% greek yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, raisins, ground flax seed, and pumpkin seed granola. Messy but yummy.

6gtquhflgcrx.jpg

Dinner was a baked potato with chili, bacon, chicken, green onions, red onions, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, olives, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. I made it through half.

0hnk8o5x9xax.jpg

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Butter and Parm

Acg that's pretty much what my kids ate at every meal in Florence last summer. Looked just like that...

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I used the recipe on Lady and Pup as a base, but I tweaked it. I didn't do the schezuan chili oil because I had some already, and for the sauce, we used a mix of gochujuang and doubanjiang paste (that could have bean miso too) instead of the chili bean paste. Also, I had some leftover ham bone broth that used instead of the chicken broth.

We used 400 g of extra-lean ground pork, yamaimo soba noodles (two bundles) and a bunch of organic chard and four cups of spinach to round out the meal. It came at about 525 cals for a big bowl (4 servings for the whole recipe).
    Those look soooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Was home sick yesterday, so I had some tuscan tomato soup with a ham sandwich for lunch.
    5dmne9bcmxpi.jpg

Then was bored while sick at home so I made a boatload of stuffed peppers for dinner.
    mccvselmo9y0.jpg
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Those look soooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Was home sick yesterday, so I had some tuscan tomato soup with a ham sandwich for lunch.
    5dmne9bcmxpi.jpg

Then was bored while sick at home so I made a boatload of stuffed peppers for dinner.
    mccvselmo9y0.jpg

Oh man... I'm a sucker for stuffed peppers. I use Chorizo and pepper jack for mine.
  • moonglw450
    moonglw450 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

• DaivaSimone
    Options
    Please, no picture quoting in order to limit bandwith usage.

Thanks!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    DaivaSimone ... the sear on that pork chop is driving me CRAZY. I want to pick it up by the bone and start chewing on it! :blush:

I'm trying to stay off meat for the next 2 weeks (indulged in a LOT over the holidays and a gout attack is imminent if I don't STOP) but all the pic quoting of it has me reallllyy wanting to stop to pick up a chop!