What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Dessert tonight was a whole wheat banana nut muffin.

ises07wk044n.jpg
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Breakfast again! Western omelet (bacon, red onion, red bell pepper, green onion, parsley and old cheddar cheese) with baked beans and ham and a piece of sprouted grains bread toast. We doused the omelet in "Atomic Habanero" hot sauce, it was good!

k7csa93urrr3.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Chipoltle blackbean burger sandwich on toasted sprouted grain bread with green onion, tomato, mixed greens, mushrooms, mixed sprouts, and mayo; red bell pepper, cucumber, brocolli stems, and a clementine.

nsgfnjtquihy.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I need to figure out how to make an omelet without it turning into scrambled eggs because of my fails.
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    S
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I need to figure out how to make an omelet without it turning into scrambled eggs because of my fails.

My omelettes always evolved into ramped up scrambled. A few weeks ago someone on another post gave me these tips, and I've actually turned out some omelettes that look like omelettes...cook at just under medium heat; after pouring in egg mixture let it cook for 3 minutes; add your add-ons (veggies, meat, cheese, etc) and cover pan with lid and leave it alone for a couple minutes (should be nearly set); fold over and let it set for a another minute. This was my last omelette...

2338min3hh8y.jpg
  • rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Chicken marsala and broccoli with cheese. Around 269 calories using the brands I used. Recipe from Hungry-girl said the recipe for the chicken marsala was around 240 calories.
    1bsc74hm39i3.jpg
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    7tizytsximcp.jpg

Homemade vegetable soup. 274 calories per bowl!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Dinner yesterday! zyv538mopyzv.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Sour cherry buckwheat scone
    Coconut buttermilk loaf
    Mini hummingbird cake with banana, pineapple and pecans
    ee4lkio0gf66.jpg
    pnvqn2qvnjab.jpg
    m3ek9bazt7dd.jpg
  • DaivaSimone
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I learned to make omelet while watching Jamie Oliver cooking. I usually scrambled my eggs a little in a bowl (with, like, a tablespoon of milk or creamer, plus salt and pepper) and I prep my garnish in little ramequins. I put butter or cooking spray in a pre-heated (on medium) non-stick pan and I pour the egg mixture, stirring (not vigourously) from time to time until the mixture starts to curdle and is almost set on the bottom.

Then, I add my garnish, I fold, I cook a little more (not much because I love my omelet silky, but hubby take his fully cooked), and I serve.

You can watch Jamie Oliver's video here. It's well explained (better then in Mastering the art of french cooking, in my humble opinion).
  • DaivaSimone
    Options
    I tried to take a picture of our homemade ramen extravaganza tonight, but lighting sucks at night. Still, here's the pic:

se15z072rphx.jpg

A mixture of two broth (pork and ham bone broth + dashi + tare - made with Mirin, soy sauce and sake), fresh ramen noodles, leftover chicken, chard, edamame, red onion slices, nori and soft boiled egg.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    ^ Your pic and meal looks good!

Tonight I had sesame chicken, cucumber, an egg muffin and strawberries.

2i0led34jtqv.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    0RpAs3u.jpg
    Burger salad with egg

gAsrL4U.jpg
    Chocolate protein waffle

VPBgeYA.jpg
    Tilapia, mashed squash, veggies

3WtcHXa.jpg
    zoodle salad

2SZTumu.jpg
    Shrimp tortilla pizza with brussels

axK9G1Z.jpg
    Crustless quiche

lbbxTow.jpg
    Crockpot Pork shoulder with veggies

yqZrYpW.jpg
    Scrambles eggs

axK9G1Z.jpg
    Loaded sweet tater with tuna and hummus

More pics on my IG @ilovecoffeeandlife :D

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Holy shiz, these past few pages have been ah-mazing! <3

I have been on vaca for two weeks, and barely took any good pictures! Nonetheless, here are a few things!

I made a sweet bbq chicken in the slow cooker! It was delicious
    rzz70rpso8oo.jpg

Christmas potluck at work!
    0x8e1xjtbkr7.jpg

After said potluck we all went for drinks. Deciding to change it up from my usual malbec, I got an elderflower cocktail
    fptpuvmll70n.jpg

Still loving making pizza on rice wraps! This one had chicken and feta.
    7hiu321ox82s.jpg

Brunch one day was a cheesestack hash with poached eggs and hollandaise on top. So good, and more than half my daily calories - it was worth it.
    hwqnoxw0m26d.jpg

Meal prep, and then dinner last night!
    zrorngdv20lk.jpgid13efjh160x.jpg
  • therealwoj85
    therealwoj85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeliD25
    DeliD25 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Shrimp Scampi and rice wv09nw6r8s3t.jpg
  • maof48
    maof48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Squid ink risotto, clams, xo sauce, meyer lemon

20150105_200651.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Tuna salad sandwich (Trader Joe's no-salt albacore, mixed sprouts, mixed greens, green onion, brocolli, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, celery, sriracha, garlic salt, black pepper, tzatziki); cucumber, steamed brussel sprouts, and strawberries.

zwzzm5n911rr.jpg