100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Pinterest, so made my own...two jars. One labeled "Pounds left" and one "Pounds Lost". Put marbles in the "pounds left" jar, one for each pound you need to lose. Then move them to the "pounds lost" jar as you lose them. It's a great visual!

I love that idea! I think I shall make one for my husband as well.
  • Jewels416
    Jewels416 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am currently at my highest weight ever. I could also use the support and welcome anyone adding me as a friend. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I'm sure my doctor's goal is for me to lose closer to 170. I just delayed a doctor's appointment because I gained 14 pounds and knew he would not be happy. So, here I am, starting the new year fresh with renewed enthusiasm. Together we can make it closer, one day at a time.
  • tearrek
    tearrek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there feel free to add me while my goal is set to 100 lbs I really want to lose more I just had to give myself a small mid victory to my ultimate goal
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I'd like to lose 130-ish depending on how I look and feel as I get closer. Down a little over 60 as of this morning. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing 80 pounds (100 would put me in the Nicole Richie realm!) and I'm always looking for motivating friends and cohorts :)
  • kimgallagher1
    Options
    Hi I'm new here but loving this app. I have over 100 lbs to lose and so frustrated because I don't know the best way to do this. I broke my leg about 2 years ago when I got pregnant and I have limited mobility options from it still. What's the best foods and plans to go with and does anyone know any exercises that would be minimal impact on my ankle. Pre injury I did Zumba and loved it but that's not something could do now
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i have about 110-115 to lose. i am really working hard this time, but i've been here before and i've never been able to make a permanent change. i'm trying to develop new, healthier habits and attitudes. i have a lot of people who support me, so it's nice not to have to go it alone.
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Pinterest, so made my own...two jars. One labeled "Pounds left" and one "Pounds Lost". Put marbles in the "pounds left" jar, one for each pound you need to lose. Then move them to the "pounds lost" jar as you lose them. It's a great visual!

I do this!!
  • daccordino
    Options
    Feel free to add me I've already lost 57 lbs still have 80 to 100 lbs to lose I can use the encouragement too.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here but loving this app. I have over 100 lbs to lose and so frustrated because I don't know the best way to do this. I broke my leg about 2 years ago when I got pregnant and I have limited mobility options from it still. What's the best foods and plans to go with and does anyone know any exercises that would be minimal impact on my ankle. Pre injury I did Zumba and loved it but that's not something could do now

You don't need a specific plan to lose you need to find a reasonable calorie deficit for you. With the ankle what has your doctor suggested?
    Can you walk?

When I started 2 years ago I couldn't exercise at all, my exercise was once per hour I had an alarm that would go off and I would stand up at my desk for a minute. I'm going to post some links that everyone just starting out should read it's really good information that helped me tons.

If you read nothing else read the sexypants thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

• TeddiRoseHouston
    TeddiRoseHouston Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was just pointed to this thread and haven't had a chance to go through many comments but would love to have anyone add me as a supportive friend! I lost about 60 pounds previously and gained around 25 back during a period of pretty bad depression. I am now wanting to lose around 100 pounds so that I can get down just under 200 to be a healthy weight.
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs in a year, and still have 13lbs to lose to get down to what I will be happy in myself with. I am still logging daily and will do for some time to come. :)
  • salirce
    salirce Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 200 lbs to lose so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Please feel free to add me, we can support each other! :)
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have a little over 100 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I had lost over 100 lbs back in 2009 but have since gained most of it back So decided to get back to the healthy lifestyle before I gain it all back. I've been calorie counting, using Fitbit and work out dvds at home for a week. Just ordered Nutrisystem for the convenience and because 'Im getting tired of planning my meals. I hope to lose 100 lbs or very near close to it. :)
  • 46Phil
    46Phil Posts: 36 Member
    Options

When I started 2 years ago I couldn't exercise at all, my exercise was once per hour I had an alarm that would go off and I would stand up at my desk for a minute. I'm going to post some links that everyone just starting out should read it's really good information that helped me tons.

If you read nothing else read the sexypants thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

[/quote]

Excellent links! Thank you!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    I had lost over 100 lbs back in 2009 but have since gained most of it back So decided to get back to the healthy lifestyle before I gain it all back. I've been calorie counting, using Fitbit and work out dvds at home for a week. Just ordered Nutrisystem for the convenience and because 'Im getting tired of planning my meals. I hope to lose 100 lbs or very near close to it. :)

You are tired of planning your meals? Are you going to stay on Nutrisystem forever?
    Remember the goal is to lose the weight and keep it off, so you have to learn about nutrition, about portion control, moderation, and planning really helps.
  • autumn_owl
    Options
    I have well over 100 pounds to lose. I would love to have some friends on here that are in a similar boat!
  • mmariag
    mmariag Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I also welcome all adds, especially if you have similar weight goals. I definitely have 100+ to lose! I find that when I'm on mfp my mind is thinking "healthy" and staying motivated. i Plan on using mfp more proactively this time around. my new fb. lol
  • cannh497
    Options
    I started this MFP journey 3 days ago and right now I love logging my food and exercise. I'm just scared it's going to get old after awhile and I just stop. I'm 41 and have been overweight since I was a Sophomore in high school. I have two teenage daughters that I have to prepare a whole separate meal for everyday because they won't eat what I do. They will..but not every day like I do. I'm one of those people that love healthy food but my problem is I also love nonhealthy food. I've managed to lose 40 pounds on my own since April of last year and still have another 100 to go before I get to my ideal weight for being 5'7". I've had RA since 2009 and need both knees replaced. This makes it very hard to do much physically so I sit on the couch and pedal my stationary bike for about 30 minutes a day. I've never looked forward to surgery as much as I am right now. I'm hoping to get the majority of my mobility back before the end of this year. With that said I'm more than willing to make some friends on here. So if you want to add me feel free.